| Character Information
William is a minor character in The Amazing World of Gumball.
William is basically a flying eyeball. He has white, bird-like wings which are his only means of locomotion. His "body" simply consists of a single green eye. Most of the kids consider him creepy.
William is Miss Simian's personal snitch. He takes it upon himself to spy upon her students. The only time he speaks is when he is whispering in Miss Simian's ear.
Due to his being a snitch, as well as his overall creepy appearance and inability to talk, William does not have any friends. Despite all of this, he's actually a decent guy most of the time, showing honor and friendliness. When someone crosses him, however, he shows a cold, calculating side to himself. This was demonstrated in "The Voice," where he stalks Gumball and Darwin, and, through careful planning, tricks them into fighting each other. When this fails, he goes on an all out rampage through school in an attempt to get revenge. When he realized that it was all a misunderstanding, though, he apologizes.
Also demonstrated in "The Voice," is his powerful psionic abilities. With just a thought, he can psionically manipulate the physical aspects of reality with enough force to shatter concrete, or, cause explosions.
- "The Third" (debut)
- "The Apology"
- "The Words" (cameo)
- "The Bet" (cameo)
- "The Voice" (first "speaking" role)
- "The Tape" (cameo)
- "The Gift"
Click here to view the gallery.
- In the uncut version of the original Gumball promo, he, along with Anton and Banana Joe, watches Gumball trying to "save" Darwin from a tree.
- He may be based off the Golden Snitch from Harry Potter, as he is a ball with wings, and "snitches" on his classmates.
- He usually uses his eye to express his action (e.g. if he is laughing, he will close his eye, and move up and down).
- His first "speaking role" was in "The Voice."
- However, nobody can hear him when he is speaking, apart from Miss Simian.
- He also has no idea that nobody can hear him when he is speaking.
- He is voiced by the show's director, Mic Graves.