What He Thinks About Us! is a song sung by Darwin in "The Words" when he learns to be more direct, with background vocals by Banana Joe, Jamie, Carrie, Tina, Bobert, Tobias, Masami, Alan, Idaho, Ocho, and Anton. Darwin's singing voice was provided by Travis Blake-Hall as opposed to Kwesi Boakye.
Darwin: [spoken] I feel like...
Gumball: [spoken] Dude, what are you doing?
Darwin: I feel like!
Darwin: Ever since I was a young fish, I always held my tongue.
Never spoke the words I felt inside and now my time has come.
I'd push my feelings deep deep down, now I'll tell the world.
Exactly what I think and feel about every boy and girl.
Rest of class: Every boy and girl!
Rest of class: Gonna tell us what he thinks about us!
Gonna tell us what to do!
Gonna tell us what he thinks about us!
Gonna show us something new!
Masami's popular and funny,
But your friends just like you for your money.
Rest of class: We only like you for your money!
Darwin: Jamie's rude and impolite,
Because she's half-cow half-troglodyte.
Rest of class: She's half-cow half-troglodyte!
Darwin: Carrie thinks her style's unique,
But she's just one more emo freak.
Rest of class (mainly Banana Joe): She's just one more emo freak!
Darwin: Joe, your jokes are lame and lazy,
And you sing just like a dog with rabies!
[Everyone runs away crying and/or glaring at Darwin]
- The "Gonna tell us what he thinks about us!" segment of the song is sung to the tune of the opening theme song, thus breaking the fourth wall.
- Up until the point where the rest of the students join in, Darwin's voice is modulated.
- Idaho is absent during the "gonna tell us what he thinks about us!" segment of the song, and returns when Darwin sings about Masami.
- When Darwin turns around to say "stop," Tina is the only visible person in the background, whereas Tobias and Jamie should be at least partially visible.
- Carmen and Banana Joe constantly shift positions during the song.
- When the rest of the class sings "gonna tell us what to do," the captions say "whatever we do." The same thing happens with "gonna show us something new," and "the truth of you."
- Darwin leans against Carrie during the song, despite her being a ghost, whom has been seen multiple times not being able to be touched.
- When the rest of the class sings "every boy and girl," Alan's mouth doesn't move.