The Universal Remote is a remote that can control virtually anything and anyone in the universe. It made its first appearance in "The Disaster" and final appearance in "The Rerun," where it was destroyed.
- Pause: Freezes time or a particular person.
- Rewind: Goes back in time or reverses a character's age.
- Subtitles: Causes inaccurate subtitles to appear below a character.
- Language: Changes the language.
- Fast Forward: Goes forward in time or ages a character.
- Slow Motion: Slows time and makes people weak when they hit something.
- Channel: Changes the channel.
- AV: Opens a portal to the Void.
- Music: Plays or changes background music.
- Brightness: Increases or decreases the brightness of the world.
- Volume: Increases or decreases the volume.
- Mute: Mutes all noise, or mutes the object or person it is pointed at.
- Record: Selects an object.
- Play: Teleports the recorded object to the location the remote is pointed at.
- Loop: Puts the user in an infinite loop.
- Eject: Ejects a person or object.
- Power: Turns someone or something off/on.
- Parental Filter: Enables/disables the verbal filters of parents.
- The remote costs $12.99 as stated by the owner of the Awesome Store van.
- The remote appears similar to the Charter remote controls.
- As the remote directly interacts with the universe, it can cause fourth wall breaks, as shown in "The Disaster" and "The Rerun."