This is a Featured Article. This page was selected as Featured Article on the main page. A new article will be elected soon.
Thank you for supporting the Gumball Wiki.
| Tobias Wilson
| Character Information
Tobias Wilson is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He is a student in Miss Simian's class at Elmore Junior High. His first appearance was in "The Third," when he became Darwin's friend for ten dollars. He was given many redesigns in Season 2, including eyebrows, and smaller feet.
Tobias appears to be a multi-colored fluffy cloud-like humanoid creature. Most of his body is colored red, but the lower part is orange, and his top hair part is blue. He has a medium sized mouth with blue lips. He wears a headband like the others in his family, and he wears red and white shoes.
Tobias is a show-off. He believes that he is a heavily built jock, but in reality, he is not. Despite him not having a good, athletic build, he is obsessed with sports, and is always trying to hone his scrawny physique. He also seems to have a big ego.
Because of his inflated ego, Tobias is more confident in his abilities to court Penny than Gumball is. Tobias can also be somewhat of a bully sometimes, such as when he was tossing Anais' plush Daisy doll around on the bus, and seemed quite eager to hurt Gumball in "The Knights." Also, in "The Robot," he insults Bobert, calling him "Robo-dork" and saying he doesn't have feelings. Also in "The Uploads," Tobias found it funny when his father got hurt from falling off a skateboard that he placed in front of a staircase for a prank.
Tobias also seems to be quite the womanizer; he is very quick to make moves on every girl he sees (his father displayed similar behavior at his age in "The Choices"). Despite all of these girls showing disgust toward Tobias' advances, he still continues to pursue these girls in hopes of one day having someone further inflate his ego and "macho" antics.
- Main article: Tobias Wilson/Relationships
- "Early reel" (debut)
- "The Third": His first major role. He becomes Darwin's best friend.
- "The End": He greets Gumball, who is pretending to get married to his love interest.
- "The Dress": He chews gum, helps push GumballOopsEggWobbleUnderpants to the finish line, and tries to get the balloon Gumball to go left.
- "The Quest": He throws Daisy out of the bus.
- "The Pressure": He has fun with Gumball, Darwin, and Banana Joe.
- "The Ghost": He flees from Carrie, who is possessing Gumball.
- "The Mystery": He tells Darwin that he has toilet paper on his feet.
- "The Gi": He makes fun of Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Kiss": He and Banana Joe host "The Sounds of Suffering."
- "The Party": He appears multiple times throughout this episode, such as when blackmailing Rachel and partying with Rob.
- "The Robot": He makes fun of Bobert by calling him a robo-dork and mentioning that he is not a real boy.
- "The Picnic": He is on the bus.
- "The Goons": He and Darwin are the two people that may have won the Dumb Race.
- "The Sock": Idaho does not invite him to his party.
- "The Mustache": He appears in the gym.
- "The Club": He and Banana Joe are seen as part of the football club.
- "The Ape": He fools around in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Curse": He and his family are seen at Daisyland.
- "The Meddler": He makes a brief cameo.
- "The Helmet": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Fight": He cheers on Gumball's fight with Tina.
- "The Knights": His second major role. He fights with Gumball over Penny.
- "The Fridge": He makes a cameo in the marching band.
- "The Flower": He runs a marathon, and is knocked out by Gumball (who is possessed by Jealousy)
- "The Banana": He walks out of Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Phone": He makes a brief cameo on the bus.
- "The Apology": His eyes catch on fire after looking at Miss Simian's butt.
- "The Words": He makes a brief cameo in the Schoolyard, sings "What He Thinks About Us!," is offended by Darwin for a pose he commonly makes, and cheers on Gumball and Darwin's fight.
- "Christmas": He and Idaho are cheering for Masami to snow.
- "The Watch": He is seen in the cafeteria.
- "The Bumpkin": He is in the schoolyard.
- "The Dream": He appears in Gumball's dream, flattening as if he had no bones.
- "The Sidekick": Gumball and Darwin try to get a video game from him, and later kidnap his mom.
- "The Photo": He appears looking at his picture.
- "The Storm": He is mixed with Banana Joe and Leslie by Masami.
- "The Voice": Gumball and Darwin "apologize" to him.
- "The Promise": He attacks Darwin as a wolf.
- "The Boombox": He appears with Frank and Bean in the science lab.
- "The Tape": He fails to greet Penny, makes a cameo in Miss Simian's classroom, and is filmed failing to impress the ladies.
- "The Sweaters": He is seen talking to Carmen.
- "The Internet": He watches Gumball's embarrassing video.
- "The World": He is knocked out by a basketball.
- "The Finale": He calls everyone to cheer on Richard and Patrick's fight. He is later seen at school, where Gumball shoves him.
- "The Fan": He is seen in the background of the cafeteria.
- "The Coach": He bounces on the trampoline at his house.
- "The Joy": He isn't infected because he is multicolored, and later can strangely be seen infected.
- "The Recipe": He freaks out after Anton dies.
- "The Name": He is seen in a flashback from "The Knights" and is defeated by Zach.
- "The Extras": He makes another brief cameo.
- "The Fraud": He makes a cameo in the cafeteria.
- "The Move": He is knocked out by Clayton's kung-fu move.
- "The Allergy": Darwin sneezes his colors onto Banana Joe.
- "The Mothers": His third major role, his mother, Banana Joe's mother, and Gumball and Darwin's mother compete in a mom-off.
- "The Shell": He is seen backstage dressed as a castle.
- "The Bros": He and Banana Joe stare at Gumball and Darwin dancing.
- "The Mirror": He is in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Pizza": He is chased by Frank and Bean.
- "The Lie": He appears in Miss Simian's classroom after Rocky crashes his bus.
- "The Butterfly": He appears dancing in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Saint": Alan gives him CPR in a flashback.
- "The Safety": He is horrified by the safety video, and at the end of the episode, he salutes to Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Society": Gumball attacks him to get chips from a vending machine, and later spies on him while on his back. He also becomes part of the secret society.
- "The Spoiler": He talks about The Screamening.
- "The Countdown": He is seen in alternate timelines.
- "The Nobody": He walks by when Gumball and Darwin think of a personality for Rob.
- "The Triangle": He walks past Coach.
- "The Return": He mentions that his hat has not been made fun of.
- "The Crew": He doesn't appear, but is mentioned in passing by Gumball and Darwin when aging themselves.
- "The Check": A zombie version of him appears at the Toxic Waste Disposal Site.
- "The Pest": He is seen in Billy's puppet show.
- "The Gift": He races to get the Mic Graves for Masami.
- "The Upgrade": He appears in the montage of fails of Bobert's new system.
- "The Comic": He sings LaserHeart's theme.
- "The Uploads": He appears in a video, and gets attacked by the Doughnut Sheriff after his prank.
- "The Hug": He appears in the hallway and the cafeteria.
- "The Wicked": He is buying lunch at Joyful Burger and almost gets ran over by Mrs. Robinson.
- "The Girlfriend": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Advice": He gets chased by the Abraham Lincoln Goat and later ends up in the infirmary, where he explodes.
- "The Parasite": An infected Darwin attacks him.
- "The Love": He is one of the people in the "What is Love?" segment.
- "The Awkwardness": He records Gumball and Hot Dog Guy's conversation.
- "The Nest": He gets attacked by the turtles.
- "The Points" His fourth major role. He gives invisible good points to Gumball and Darwin for doing his chores.
- "The Bus": He is on the hijacked school bus.
- "The Night": He appears in Hector's and Juke's dreams.
- "The Blame": Among the kids who protest the ban on video games.
- "The Slap": His fifth major role. He offends Gumball by not giving him a high-five slap on his butt.
- "The Fury": He appears outside the school.
- "The Compilation": He is seen with a whole group of people.
- "The Scam": He appeared in the classroom with a swollen face. Later he is injured at the swimming pool, when the water is suspended in mid-air.
- "The Stories": He is among the students who dislike Molly's stories and is later seen hit by Jamie's dodgeballs.
- "The Guy": He is one of Anais' victims.
- "The Boredom": He shows a video of himself to Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Vision": He can be seen in the schoolyard, during the riot, and several other times as a supporter of Alan.
- "The Choices": He is one of the rebels to bring down Nicole's statue.
- "The Code": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Test": His sixth major role. He replaces Gumball as the loser of the series.
- "The Slide": He is in the schoolyard.
- "The Loophole": He leaves class with the other students.
- "The Potato": He celebrates Idaho's birthday with other students.
- "The Matchmaker": He is seen in the cafeteria.
- "The Box": A zombie attacks him.
- "The Ollie": He is buying skating gear at the mall.
- "The Catfish": He is in seen at school.
- "The Stars": Gumball gives him one star for splashing him with water.
- "The Grades": He is seen in the classroom.
- "The Ex": Gumball accidentally booby-traps his house instead of Banana Joe's.
- "The Sorcerer": He is playing Football with Carrie and runs into one of the football players.
- "The Uncle": He bumps into Ocho and runs from him during Gumball and Darwin's flashback.
- "The Weirdo": He is standing next to Juke at the schoolyard.
- Rupert Degas (US/UK, Season 1)
- Hugo Harold-Harrison (US/UK, Season 2 onwards)
- Peterson Adriano (Brazil, Seasons 1-2)
- José Leonardo (Brazil, Season 3 onwards)
Click here to view the gallery.
- In his early concept, Tobias was originally going to have no lips.
- He also seems to have no legs in the Early reel.
- Unlike most other characters, Tobias only has 3 fingers.
- However, depending on the circumstances, he does have 4 fingers.
- He is one of the many child characters in the series that is voiced by an adult, namely Rupert Degas & Hugo Harold-Harrison in Seasons 1 and 2, respectively.
- Wearing a headband may be a family tradition, as he, his sister, and his mother each wear one regularly. The only member of the family that does not wear one is his father.
- In the episode "The Third," it is shown that he can change his colors at will.
- He is named after Tobi Wilson, one of the show's writers.
- In the online PC game Spit Ball Wars, Tobias has a completely different design.
- In "The Knights," Tobias gets his foot stuck in Patrick's door, and when he pulls it out he gets down on his knees, holds his foot and says "FFFF...ahhhh..." several times. This may be a reference to something Peter Griffin does when he hurt his knee in Family Guy.
- When changing his colors in the episode "The Third," the sound he makes is similar to the one made by Mario when walking in the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) port of the arcade game Donkey Kong.
- Tobias is the youngest kid in his family.
- Tobias is the only kid in Miss Simian's class who is the youngest in his family, where as the other kids either have younger siblings or no siblings at all.
- Tobias has the second most major roles, for a character who is not a Watterson, next to Penny. Tobias has a total of six.
- It was revealed that Tobias has a crush on Penny too, despite Gumball dating her.
- In the episode "The Knights", he fights Gumball for who gets to win Penny's love.
- In the episode "The Tape", he fails to get a high-five from Penny.
- In the episode "The Move", he fails to get water thrown at him by Penny at the school library.
- In the episode "The Butterfly", he tries to do a "chick-magnet dance" to attract her but gets turned down by her "bug spray" dance.
- In the episode "The Test", he is stealing Gumball's life and dating her in his own "sitcom".
- Similar to Gumball, Tobias has a very large ego, but he is more arrogant and Gumball is more sympathetic.
- He has become noticeably less popular with the other kids as the series has progressed.
- In the episode "The Scam," it is revealed that he's allergic to facepaint.
- In "The Joy," Tobias is so multicolored, that both those infected with the Joy Virus, and even Miss Simian mistake him for an infected.
- As of right now, the only girls in his class that Tobias has not hit on under his own free will are Sussie, Molly, Tina, and Jamie.