| Tina Rex
| Character Information
Tina is a large and extremely fearsome tyrannosaurus. Unlike her father, Tina has a more realistic appearance, with an emotive face, and an actual personality. Tina is covered in thick, brownish-grey scales from head-to-tail. She has a huge mouth full of enormous, white carnivore teeth, and very noticeable halitosis.
In Season 2, Tina gets a redesign - she has a more blackish-grey color, and looks more realistic. Her eyes also get less slanted, and more circular.
Tina is the resident bully of Elmore Junior High, and is likely one of the meanest and strongest, if not the meanest and strongest out of all of them. She regularly torments her underlings at school, such as Ocho and Anton, both of whom she can stomp on with ease. Jamie is her best friend, and partner in crime.
Tina lives in the Junkyard with her father, which suggests that they are either too poor to afford a house, or too large to fit in one. Tina has apparently never owned a toy before, which caused her to steal Anais' Daisy the Donkey plushy. She claimed that she wanted to give it back, but her loneliness made her want to keep it for herself.
Despite Tina being a bully, it has been suggested on a number of occasions that she is actually a sensitive, and somewhat insecure individual at heart. It has also been said that Tina bullies others due to the lack of recognition for her femininity. It has become something of a self-fulfilling prophecy - she only acts like a monster because she looks like, and is treated as a monster. She admitted to being quite scared of Nicole, in the Season 1 episode, "The Fight."
Tina frequently torments Gumball. This is prominently shown in "The Fight," when she chases Gumball throughout the school, ending with Gumball getting injured due to running into a door. When Nicole confronts Tina's father at the end of the episode, Tina tells Gumball that she does all those things to him because she was just having fun, and that she actually thinks of him as a good friend.
- "Early reel" (debut)
- "The Third"
- "The End" (cameo)
- "The Dress" (1st "speaking" role)
- "The Quest" (1st major role)
- "The Pressure" (cameo)
- "The Ghost" (cameo)
- "The Mystery"
- "The Gi"
- "The Party"
- "The Robot" (cameo)
- "The Picnic" (cameo)
- "The Sock" (cameo)
- "The Mustache"
- "The Ape" (cameo)
- "The Meddler"
- "The Helmet"
- "The Fight" (2nd major role)
- "The Banana" (cameo)
- "The Apology" (cameo)
- "The Words" (cameo)
- "The Skull" (cameo)
- "The Bet"
- "The Flakers"
- "The Sidekick" (cameo)
- "The Storm"
- "The Photo" (cameo)
- "The Game" (cameo)
- "The Tape" (cameo)
- "The Fan"
- "The Joy"
- "The Recipe"
- "The Name"
- "The Void" (cameo)
- "The Shell" (painting)
- "The Oracle" (painting)
- "The Spoiler" (cameo)
- "The Nobody"
- "The Rex"
Click here to view the gallery.
Tina: NOT SO FAST!
Tina: That's very touching. But, now you better start running.
Clayton: I could build you a bridge...
Tina: Look, there's Gumball!
Hector: Hey, Tina! Can I have the next dance?!
- Her name seems to be a play on "T. Rex."
- She is the tallest girl at Elmore Junior High.
- Tina's design is based upon the tyrannosauruses from King Kong and Jurassic Park.
- In an early production poster, her design has low quality, and a more cartoon-like appearance.
- Tina bears a resemblance to Tiny the T. Rex from the film, Meet the Robinsons.
- Tina auditioned for cheer-leading, as seen in "The Photo," however, was unable to do a split; which was essential in the audition.
- In "The Fight," Tina considered herself a friend of Gumball's.
- Tina is one of the few characters to be a female voiced by a male.
- There is an exosuit based on her in Project Exonaut.
- She is quite frequently seen with her mouth open.
- In "The Words," it is shown that she has a habit of tapping her fingers on her desk.
- She possibly had feelings for Bobert, because of how she reacted to his words in "The Bet."