| Character Information
Timmy (The Internet) is a minor (as a character) supporting (as an object) character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He made his first appearance in the episode "The DVD." He has the ability to control the contents of the Internet, along with several other pieces of technology, possibly via "hacking." In "The Internet," his face is revealed.
He believes he can act like a jerk to people online with no consequences. He is known to not have any friends.
- "The DVD": It makes a cameo in Gumball and Darwin's room, and Gumball mentioned to download Alligators on a Train from it.
- "The Responsible": He is blamed by Richard for giving him a bad option for a babysitter.
- "The Gi": Two videos are shown on him: One of Gumball failing at karate, and another of a martial artist successfully breaking a plank of wood.
- "The Refund": He is mentioned by Gumball during the Ripley 2000 Manager's fight with Richard.
- "The Secret": The "Hip Flop" video is seen on him.
- "The Sock": He is mentioned as "Timmy" but not as the internet by Principal Brown and Miss Simian.
- "The Genius": It is one of the things Gumball tries to use to be smart.
- "The Mustache": It is the cause for Richard buying his supplements.
- "The Date": A computer makes a cameo in Gumball's room.
- "The Club": It can be seen when Frank and Bean are uploading their fake school record of Gumball.
- "The Colossus": Elmore Plus, which is introduced in this episode is a website, giving him an appearance.
- "The Phone": A laptop is one of the things Gumball throws out.
- "The Treasure": It makes a cameo in Gumball's room, and is later used by Richard in a flashback.
- "The Words": Gumball and Darwin are using it, looking at pictures of Tobias.
- "The Flakers": Anais posts a video online of Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Virus": Gumball and Darwin are playing a game on a computer.
- "The Pony": Elmore Plus is mentioned by Neck Beard.
- "The Dream": Darwin shows Gumball a video online.
- "The Sidekick": Darwin uses a computer to show a reason of how he is only a sidekick.
- "The Lesson": Gumball is near it when fooling around with Darwin.
- "The Game": A computer makes a cameo in the Rainbow Factory.
- "The Voice": Gumball and Darwin are on Elmore Plus once again.
- "The Promise": It is where Gumball and Darwin find out about the new Zelmore game.
- "The Boombox": Gumball and Darwin watch videos online.
- "The Tape": A computer is seen in a videotape.
- "The Internet": His first major role and appearance as an actual character. He posts an embarrassing video of Gumball online.
- "The Plan": Gumball sends a message to Daniel Lennard on a computer.
- "The World": A computer keyboard is seen during the "The Amazing World of Elmore" montage.
- "The Fan": It appears in a flashback in Sarah's video.
- "The Name": It is mentioned by the Paper Woman at the City Hall.
- "The Gripes": It is mentioned in passing by Carmen's father.
- "The Boss": Gumball and Drawin use it to search for a job for Rocky.
- "The Move": Multiple computers appear in the library.
- "The Allergy": A computer, again, appears in Gumball's room.
- "The Password": Gumball, Darwin, and Anais fight over it.
- "The Procrastinators": Its second major role. It is a distraction for Gumball and Darwin, preventing them from taking the trash out.
- "The Burden": Appears again in Gumball's room.
- "The Mirror": It is where Gumball gets cursed by Vladus.
- "The Man": Appears again in Gumball's room.
- "The Saint": Gumball, Darwin, and Alan are using computers at the library.
- "The Safety": Anais uses a computer at the City Hall.
- "The Society": Elmore Plus is mentioned by Rocky.
- "The Spoiler": Gumball uses Elmore Plus.
- "The Countdown": Gumball and Darwin attempt to use it at Ripley 2000.
- "The Nobody": It is one of the things Nicole bans Gumball and Darwin from using for punishment, and it later makes a cameo in their room.
- "The Downer": It is seen during the "Life" montage.
- "The Return": It makes a cameo in Gumball's room.
- "The Signature": A computer is used by the Cupcake Man at the City Hall.
- "The Check": The keyboards to the Wattersons' computer and a computer from Anais's imagination appear, along with three other completely visible computers imagined by Gumball.
- "The Pest": Gumball and Darwin use a website called "Elmopedia" to help Anais.
- "The Upgrade": Gumball and Darwin watch an ad with Bobert.
- "The Romantic": Gumball chats with Penny.
- "The Uploads": Its third major role. Gumball and Darwin watch multiple videos online.
- "The Love": Its fourth major role and second physical appearance. He has a online date with Hexagon Lady.
- "The Compilation": Its fifth major role. The episode revolves around videos of Elmore citizens on the Internet.
- "The Code": Gumball and Darwin sit in the living room trying to watch a video on their laptop, but it doesn't seem to load.
- "The Test": Gumball, Darwin and Sarah take an online test.
- "The Slide": Rocky downloads the Trawlr app on his phone.
- "The Copycats": The Wattersons are on a laptop looking up the website of The Incredible World of Chi Chi. They also watch videos on Elmore Stream-It.
- "The Potato": Sarah shows Darwin a video on the computer.
- "The Matchmaker": Darwin plays a video. Later, Teri chats with Darwin.
- "The Catfish": Its sixth major role. Louie chats with Darwin and Gumball, who are pretending to be a woman named Muriel.
- "The Stars: Its seventh major role. Darwin and Gumball evaluate Larry's work online.
- "The Diet": Richard takes photos and publishes them on the Internet.
- "The Ex": Rob sends a message to Gumball by mistake.
- "The Menu": Richard takes a photo of Burgie and publishes it on the Internet.
- "The Best": Gumball uses the posts from Ramblr to gain powers of a social justice warrior against Carmen.
- His real name is Timmy, as revealed by his mother.
- He also can manipulate objects outside of the Internet, such as traffic lights, telephone poles, and even fire hydrants. He can control and hack anything that has technology.
- His name may also be a reference to Tim Berners-Lee, who invented the World Wide Web (often mistakenly called the actual Internet).
- The Internet has been founded 47 years ago, meaning, Timmy possibly is 47 years.
- In Portugal, his name is Jimmy.
- The Internet is blamed by the Wattersons three times in the series so far in "The Responsible," "The Mustache," and "The Treasure."
- He appears as a boss character in the crossover game Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers.
- His personality may be a reference to the stereotype of people who comment and share on websites such as Reddit, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and most notably 4chan, whose actions are often viewed as blind, immature, belligerent, and outlandishly offensive.