- To edit the transcript, click here.
A Discovery at Breakfast
- [The episode starts with Richard cleaning the sink and Gumball and Darwin having breakfast]
- Gumball: I think lunch is the best, because you already had breakfast.
- Darwin: But you still have dinner to look forward too.
- [A plastic wand drops from the cereal box]
- Gumball: [Gasps] A plastic magic wand.
- Gumball & Darwin: Sweet!
- [Gumball picks up the wand]
- Darwin: Make a wish!
- Gumball: I wish I had six eyes.
- [Darwin checks if Gumball has six eyes]
- Darwin: One, two, hmm maybe you have to wave it.
- [Waves wand] I wish Gumball had six eyes.
- Gumball: One, two...
- [Gumball checks if he has six eyes and becomes angry] This magic wand is weak!
- Richard: [Gasps] Magic wand!
- [Runs and falls over] Can I have a turn?
- Gumball: Sure but it doesn't really-
- Richard: Cool! With this, I can make all my wishes come true.
- [Waves wand] My first wish is that this doesn't turn out to be a big fraud
- [angrily] like that stupid wish bone!
- Gumball: What wish bone?
- Richard: Well, when I was a boy, about your age...
- [Goes to a flashback]
- [Richard and Granny Jojo crack a wish bone]
- Richard: I wish that sausages would fly into my mouth. Mum, I made a wish on the wish bone but nothing happened.
- Granny Jojo: What did you think, that it was gonna come true? Magic isn't real.
- [Gasps] You mean, it's a fraud?
- Granny Jojo: Yeah, it's a fraud.
- [Richard screams through various scenes of his childhood and teen age, then flashback ends]
- Richard: And I didn't stop screaming for 15 years.
- [Sadly] I never believed in anything again. But I believe this will be different. Now, I've got some wishing to do! Hehe, hehe, hehe!
- [Richard runs off scene]
- Gumball: You know what this means, Darwin. We'll have to make sure all of Dad's wishes come true.
- Darwin: Why?
- Gumball: Because if we don't, he'll never be able to believe in anything again. And he might go crazy and start screaming. We'll have to make sure he thinks that wand is real!
- Darwin: Yeah!
Making the wand "real"
- [Scene changes to the living room where Richard is sitting on the couch and Gumball and Darwin are hiding behind the couch]
- Richard: Uh... Ooh, I wish for sausages to fly into my mouth.
- [Closes his eyes and opens his mouth]
- [Gumball and Darwin look at each other, then hide behind the couch again]
- [A sausage tied to a string flies into Richard's mouth]
- Richard: I Believe You And Me Are Gonna Be Friends
- [Richard hears sounds]
- Richard: Huh?
- [He notices the sound came from the sink's leaky faucet]
- [He realizes he can use the wand to fix it]
- Richard: I wish the sink was fixed
- Gumball: Well, how do you fix a sink?
- Darwin: I don't know.
- [Gumball and Darwin pull on the sink's drainage pipes and dirty water spills]
- [Gumball and Darwin scream]
- Darwin: Quick, Mr. Dad is going to find out the wand is not real.
- [Gumball drinks all the dirty water]
- Richard: Ahh!
- [Gumball spits all the dirty water at Darwin]
- Richard: You are truly powerful I shall name you Wanda the Wonderful Wand of Wonder!
- Gumball: Quick I think dad is about to make another wish.
In the backyard
- Richard: I wish, I wish it wasn't so hot.
[Gumball and Darwin pull off Richard's shirt.]
- Mr. Robinson:
- [groans] Not again.
- [covers Mrs. Robinson's eyes] Mr. Watterson! Would you kindly refrain from offending my wife's eyeballs with your public display of vulgarity?
- Richard: Oh. Sorry, Mr. Robinson.
- [suddenly realizes he has the wand) "Hey, wait a second. You picked the wrong day to mess with THE BUNNY WARLOCK!]
- Mr. Robinson: Sorry, what?
- Richard: If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you've got! But I think I should warn you, I have SUPERNATURAL POWERS!
- Mr. Robinson: The only thing supernatural about you is your ignorance.
- [He and Mrs. Robinson laugh]
- Richard: I wouldn't be laughing if I was facing with the MIGHTY BUNNY WARLOCK!
- Mr. Robinson: The only thing mighty about you is your ignorance.
- [He and Mrs. Robinson laugh] I used the same joke again.
- Richard: Perhaps you havent notice, my WAND, and, my CAPE!
- Mr. Robinson: You dont have a cape!
- Richard: Mm? I wish for a cape! [Gumball and Darwin took the dining table cloth, and quickly put it on Richard, like a cape]
- Mr. Robinson: You look ridiculous!
- Richard: You leave me no choice, sir!
- Gumball: Here we go!
- Richard: I wished you looked ridiculous! [Gumball and Darwin move around Mr. Robinson like a cyclone so he cant see them, and change his clothes in a blur, to bikinis]
- Richard: Ahh! Horrible! Take it off, take it off! [Gumball and Darwin, once again, move in a blur and took of Mr. Robinson's bikinis]
- Mr. Robinson: Cover your eyes, woman!
- Richard: Ah! No! Put it back on! [Gumball and Darwin moves in a blur and put the bikinis back on Mr. Robinson]
- Richard: And I wish your wife's head was a watermelon! [Gumball and Darwin almost instantly push a watermelon on Mrs. Robinson's head, causing her to muffle, her head stuck inside the watermelon]
- Richard: Now I wish you would fly away out of my sight!
- Mr. Robinson and Mrs. Robinson: Ahh!! [Gumball and Darwin tie ropes around each Robinson's leg and hoist them up]
- Richard: You dared to doubt the all-powerful Bunny Warlock!
- Gumball: [Still pulling the rope, with Darwin] I cant hold it any longer!
- Richard: Now, begone! [Gumball and Darwin dropped Mr. and Mrs. Robinson]
- Mr. Robinson: He really is a wizard! Run, Margaret, run! Ahh! [Runs away with Mrs. Robinson]
- Darwin: Mr. Dad is turning evil!
- Gumball: Maybe its time we told him the truth.
- Darwin: But if we tell him the truth, hes gonna get upset, like when he was a boy.
- Gumball: Ahh, you're right. [Thinking] I know! We are gonna have to take the wand back!
Getting the wand
[In the front yard]
- Richard: [Laughing] Is there nothing you cant do, Wanda? I think I finally understand your true power! I wish, I wish..
- Gumball: Dad! This has gone on long enough!
- Darwin: [Agrees with Gumball] Hmph!
- Richard: What are you doing here?
- Gumball: This wand - It has made you evil! We are taking it back!
- Darwin: [Agrees with Gumball] Hmph!
- Richard: You think you mere mortals have the power to challenge me? Come! Take the wand - If you dare!
[Gumball and Darwin rushes at Richard]
- Richard: Slip-over spell!
- Gumball: We've got to do it! It'll break his heart if he finds out! [Gumball and Darwin slipped over]
- Richard: [Laughs]
- Gumball: Cant you see what you've become?
- Richard: I can see perfectly clearly! I have become A MASTER WIZARD! [Richard screams to the neighbourhood. Pantsbully merely gives half a glance, then walks away]
[Gumball and Darwin continues rushing]
- Richard: Slow-motion spell!!
- Gumball: [In slow-motion] Thiiss pooweerr haass ooveerrtaakeenn yoouu!
- Richard: Reverse spell!
- Gumball: [While doing a reverse-running motion] You overtaken has power this!
- Darwin: [While doing the same thing as Gumball] No, its more like: !uoy nekatrevo sah rewop sihT
- Richard: In love spell!
[Romantic music plays, as Gumball and Darwin nervously laugh]
- Richard: Inside-out spell! [Gumball and Darwin each grab their insides, then pull, causing their inside to come out and cover themselves] Ah! Gross! Back-to-normal spell! [Gumball and Darwin each grab their outsides, which is now inside, and pull, somehow returning to normal again] [Richard laughs]
- Gumball: Give us the wand!
- Richard: Never! I wish your face was his butt and his butt was your face!
- Gumball: Really...?
- Richard: I wished it, didnt I?
- Gumball: [Sighs, then Gumball and Darwin do what Richard wished, in a quick blur]
- Richard: [Laughs]
- Richard: Now I wish your butt was his face and his face was your butt! [Gumball and Darwin do what Richard wished, once again in a quick blur] [Laughs]
- Richard: I wish that, umm, your face was kissing his butt and his butt was kissing your face! [Gumball and Darwin do what Richard wished] [Makes a long laughter]
- Gumball: This has got to stop. Dad! We've got something to tell you!
- Richard: Whats going on? Why have you stopped?
- Gumball: That wand's a fake. Its just a plastic toy, from the cereal package.
- Richard: [Laughs] What nonsense! If that is true, how do you explain this: Flying spell! [Richard jumps and soar through, but then instantly drop to the ground. He then checks out then wand]
- Gumball: It was us... We have been making it happen right from the start. I hope you are not mad at us.
- Richard: You mean... you two kids spent the whole day making incredible wishes come true? You did all that for me?
- Gumball and Darwin: Of course!
- Richard: Even when I made "your butt kiss his face and his face kiss your butt", you did that for me?
- Gumball and Darwin: Mmm-hmm!
- Richard: Oooh come here and give me a big hug! [They all share a long hug]
- Richard: But hang on! If you were making my wishes come true, doesnt that mean Wanda the wonderful wand of wonder is a fraud?
- Gumball and Darwin: Err... yeah!?
- Richard: A fraud?
- Gumball and Darwin: Err... err...
- Richard: [Screams loudly]
The power is all mine!
- Mr. Robinson: [Laughs, picking up the wand] Its mine! The power is all mine!
- Mr. Robinson: I wish you didnt have that ridiculous hair cut!
- Mrs. Robinson: [Growls]
- Mr. Robinson: ... I wish I didnt say that.
The Wand is the twenty-ninth episode of Season 1 of The Amazing World of Gumball.
Gumball and Darwin help Richard believe in magic again.
The episode begins in the dining room with Richard trying to unclog the kitchen sink with a toilet plunger and Gumball serving cereal for Darwin and himself. After having a conversation about why lunch is better than breakfast or dinner, a plastic wand falls out from the cereal box and on to Darwin's bowl of cereal. Gumball grabs it in hopes that it would be able to satisfy his wish of having six eyes, but has no effect instead. Darwin tries wishing for the same thing on Gumball as well, this time he waving it, but still yielding the same result. They conclude that the magic wand is fake. Richard, homing in on the words "magic wand", rushes over and asks Gumball for it. He first wishes for it to actually work, unlike the magic wishbone that crushed his childhood dreams. A flashback to Richard's childhood plays, showing him breaking a wishbone with his mother and wishing for the sausages on the dining table to fly into his mouth. After waiting for a while, he nervously asks his mom why his wish isn't coming true, to which she reveals that magic is fake. This causes Richard to scream for several years - he screams through major events in his life like his high school photo, one of his dates with Nicole in the movies, and his wedding. After Richard explains how his discovery of magic being fake ruined his childhood, Gumball and Darwin made it their duty make his wishes come true to avoid such event from happening a second time.
Richard's first wish was the same one that crushed his dreams - the wish for sausages to fly into his mouth. Gumball and Darwin simply tied a sausage to a fishing pole and reeled it towards their father's mouth. He eats it and rejoices, but then he hears a noise coming from the kitchen. It was the kitchen sink, clogged and nearly overflowing with goop. He groans, thinking of the work that is to come, but then realizes that he still has the magic wand. He wishes for the sink to unclog itself. As Gumball and Darwin were hiding in the cabinet below the sink, they try to help Richard fulfill his wish without his notice. Not knowing how to fix a sink, they start yanking the pipes in hopes that it would do something. The pipe's connector falls off, causing the cabinet to flood with the green goop that was in the sink. With no other readily available option, Gumball covers the open pipe with his mouth, filling his mouth with the disgusting green liquid and eventually swallowing it all at once. This bloats up his stomach and, after a poke from Darwin, is hurled all out on to Darwin's face and turns back to normal. Richard bows to the wand, worshipping its supposed magical power, and bestows the name of Wanda onto it. So Gumball and Darwin grant some more wishes.
Then in the backyard, Gumball and Darwin grant one of Richard's wishes by ripping off his clothes. This catches the attention of The Robinsons, who go over and tell Richard to put some clothes on. Richard apologizes, but thinking he's a wizard, Richard casts a bunch of "spells" on the Robinsons.
The first of the barrage of wishes made by Richard was a wish that would make Mr. Robinson look silly. This was satisfied by Gumball and Darwin by leaving Mr. Robinson in an outfit that shocked both his wife and Richard himself, a bra and bikini. Richard, disgusted by the sight, wished that the outfit be removed, leaving Mr. Robinson naked for Richard to see. This result repulsed him even more, wishing to put the bikini back in. His wish against Mrs. Robinson involved in making her head into a watermeleon, fulfilled by the boys by throwing a watermelon off-screen onto the head of Margaret and making an illusion that her head did transform into a watermelon. Richard's ultimatum resulted with the boys hanging both Robinsons with ropes tied among their torso, to look as if they are lifted away from the ground. After Richard leaves, with the Robinsons finally out of the misery from the antics done by the boys, they are convinced that Richard is really wizard, and they run in a terrified panic.
Richard runs to the front of the house with Wanda, overconfident with his possession of magic. Gumball and Darwin realizes that their farther has turned evil with power, and that his wishes may become worse. They then decide to take Wanda from Richard, while still fulfilling the wishes their father wanted to avoid him from getting depressed. Richard casts a slip-over spell, slow motion spell, reverse spell, love spell, and an inside out spell, much to his horror, forcing himself to cast a "back to normal" spell at Gumball and Darwin. All the wishes were perfectly executed by the boys.
Richard then makes Gumball and Darwin switch faces and butts, and makes them kiss each other, and a variety of other spells much similar to this. Gumball, at his limit, decided to tell his father the truth about the wand. Richard thinks they are making it all up, but when he tries to fly in midair, he then realizes that Gumball and Darwin were doing humiliating things for him, and the gang hug. Richard quickly realizes that Gumball and Darwin told him magic was fake, and he starts screaming again. Meanwhile, Mr. Robinson finds Wanda his side of the lawn, and tries executing its power by wishing that her wife would change her horrible hairdo. He quickly regrets his wish after seeing that the wand is a fake, and as this makes Mrs. Robinson miffed, he says to himself "I wish I hadn't said that."
- It is revealed in this episode that the Watterson's street number is 1026.
- This was the first new episode to be aired on a Tuesday.
- It is revealed Nicole's maiden name starts with 'G' on the yearbook photo.
- Richard's cape is similar to his Cottontail Cavalier Cape.
- In the Japanese version of this episode, during the flashback to where Richard finds out magic isn't real, his scream stays high pitched, even when he grows up. It isn't until he finds out the wand is fake that his scream is lower pitched.
- Nicole wears her wedding dress in Richard's flashback, which is much bigger than when Gumball wore it in "The Dress".
- Richard and Nicole's wedding flashback appeared once again in "The Ape", but strangely, Richard was not screaming in that episode, implying that he was exaggerating his side of the story a bit.
- This is the second episode where Nicole only appears in a flashback. The first was in "The Dress".
- This is the second episode where Richard screams for a long period of time. The first was in "The Painting".
- This is the third time we could see Darwin's butt. (Fourth time if you count the trailer)
- This is possibly the very first time we see Gumball's butt uncensored. In all the other episodes, his butt is censored.
- This is the fourth time in the series Richard seen in his underwear.
- This is the third time Richard wears a cape. the first two times were in "The Gi" and "The Club".
- The wand Richard uses in the episode is similar to the Fairy Wands from the show Fairly OddParents, except that the stick is pink. There is also a character named Wanda from the same show.
- When Gumball is sucking up the sink water in the pipe after Gumball and Darwin break the sink pipe, one of the pipes disappears when the scene briefly changes from Richard back to Gumball and Darwin.
- When Gumball and Darwin challenge Richard to get the wand back, Darwin's eyelashes and Richard's whiskers are missing in one scene.
- At the beginning of the episode when Gumball and Darwin are eating breakfast, Daisy Flakes are misspelled as Dizzy Flakes.
- Richard's mouth is discoloured when he laughs at The Robinsons.
- When Gumball and Darwin say "Sweet!", Darwin's shadow on his legs is missing.
- Granny Jojo was old in Richard's flashback.
- Richard crashes into a plant and a fruit bowl when he comes to Gumball and Darwin. But in the beginning, the plant and fruit bowl was not there.
- His cape is noticeably darker than in the previous scenes in the scene when Richard was bragging about his superpowers.
- When Gumball and Darwin spot the wand in the bowl, before the scene showing the wand, Gumball is holding the cereal box, but after the scene, he doesn't have it.