To edit the transcript, click here
Trapped in the Bathroom
- [The scene starts out showing the door of the Boys' bathroom. Gumball and Darwin are yelling for help and banging on the door]
- Gumball: HELP!
- Darwin: WE CAN'T GET OUT!
- Gumball: PLEASE HELP, WE'RE LOCKED IN!
- Darwin: PLEASE LET US OUT!
- [Gumball stops yelling and sighs.]
- Gumball: It's no use Darwin, we're gonna be stuck in here forever.
- [Both slide down the wall to a sitting position]
- Gumball: [annoyed] The last time I come in and whistle for you.
- Darwin: But if you don't whistle, I can't go!
- Gumball: [sighs] I never though it would end like this. Stuck in a bathroom forever.
- Darwin: At least we've had some pretty good times.
- Gumball: Yeah, and some crummy ones too.
- [Brief silence]
- Gumball: Look Darwin, if we don't get out of here, there's something I need to tell you. [inhales] Remember that time I found a creepy picture in your schoolbook and you said you didn't do it?
- [Flashback of saddened Darwin in a classroom with Miss Simian and Mr. Small looking at Darwin's book amazed, before looking at Darwin, then back to the book]
- Gumball: Well... That was me.
- Darwin: [outraged] WHAT? I had to go to counseling for that! I lost my whole summer!
- Gumball: I'm sorry, dude.
- Darwin: Mr. Small put me in the isolation tank!
- Gumball: Well, let's not dwell on the past.
- [Darwin shakes his head in annoyance, before suddenly becoming wide eyed]
- Darwin: Gumball, there's something I haven't told you too, and it's probably gonna shock you.
- Gumball: What? Is it really bad or something?
- Darwin: It's pretty bad, yeah. Last week-
- [Rocky opens the door, interrupting Darwin]
- Rocky: Oh, man, I'm so glad it's you! I thought this place was haunted by a couple of screaming girls!
- Gumball and Darwin: We're saved!
- Gumball: How long have we been here?
- Rocky: About three minutes.
- [Gumball and Darwin exit the bathroom]
- Gumball: Oh, uh, wait, what were you going to say back there, by the way?
- Darwin: Huh?
- Gumball: You were going to say something, remember?
- Darwin: Ohh, don't worry about that now. We're free!
- [Gumball looks worried and stops walking]
That Little Secret
- [The living room. Gumball and Darwin are playing Kebab Fighter against each other]
- Darwin: I love this game, it's so much fun!
- Gumball: Yep!
- Gumball: Hey, you know what else was fun? When we were stuck in the bathroom together and you were gonna tell me that secret!
- Darwin: Yeah, that was fun.
- Gumball: Just out of curiosity, what was that little secret?
- Darwin: It's better you don't know.
- Gumball: Sure... but I told you mine, therefore I think it's fair you tell me yours.
- Darwin: Nah, let's just play instead.
- Gumball: [annoyed] Yeah, let's just play...
- [Gumball's character starts hitting Darwin's character consecutively, without Darwin being able to block any]
- Gumball: [thinking] Look at him standing there, knowing his secret. I'll get it out of him if it's the last think I do!
- Darwin: Wow, you're pretty good at this!
- [Gumball rapidly spams the controller. His character knocks out Darwin's. "End It" appears on the screen while Gumball's character spawns a large mallet. The character then proceeds to smash Darwin's character into the ground. "Gumball Wins" is displayed on the screen, ending the game. Suddenly, Gumball's character starts repetitively smashing Darwin's character uncontrollably with the mallet. Gumball is angrily hitting the buttons on his controller. Darwin looks wide-eyed at the screen, then at Gumball]
- [Darwin is sitting at the dining table. Gumball comes on-screen with a plate of baked beans and mashed potato, which he gives to Darwin]
- Gumball: There you go, old pal!
- Darwin: What's the occasion?
- Gumball: Can't think I just make a meal for his best buddy?
- Darwin: This has anything to do with the secret, has it?
- Gumball: Secret? No. What secret?
- Darwin: Hmm... [starts eating food that Gumball gave him] You're giving me this food so I'll tell you the secret, aren't you?
- Gumball: [seductively] Am I?
- Darwin: Aren't ya? [begin gasping due to the intense spicy flavor from the food Gumball gave and Darwin's skin turns red as he is likely "burning"] Did you just do something to this food?
- Gumball: [seductively] I don't know. Did I?
- Darwin: [exhales with black ash as his inside begins burning, then begins mumblings] I need water! I need water NOW! I NEED WATER!
- Gumball: Sorry, excuse me?
- Darwin: [jumps above Gumball to get water from a tap, but the tap itself is tightened by Gumball to prevent Darwin from getting water]
- Gumball: Taps are a little tight, eh? [swings a wrench, indicating that he tightened the taps]
- Darwin: [Darwin then runs to open the fridge to get any available drink, but what he sees are mustard, garlic, cactus, chili and hot sauce]
- Gumball: Looks like we are all out of drinks. Oh, wait, what's this? [shows a glass of milk to Darwin, seductively, but pulls back as Darwin tries to get it] You want it?
- Darwin: [mumbles] I want IT! I WANT IT!
- Gumball: What's the secret?! [Darwin refuses to answer by swinging his head] Oh well... [begins running away from Darwin to prevent him from getting the milk, Darwin also starts to chase Gumball]
- [Gumball seductively showing a glass of milk to Darwin and pulls back in various movement to torture him so he can tell Gumball the secret. In a few seconds, Gumball finally puts the glass of milk on the floor as Darwin drags his "tortured" body to the milk glass. As he starts to take the glass, Gumball grabs the glass and puts it slightly further to tortures Darwin. Finally, Darwin can't handle the torture any longer]
- Darwin: [mumbles] Alright! Alright! ALRIGHT! [falls down and his open-wide mouth begins to burn]
- Gumball: Oh man... [picks up the glass and splash milk into Darwin's mouth to put out the fire]
- Darwin: Thanks Gumball!
- Gumball: [sighs] You're welcome...
- [Gumball is currently calling someone inside phone booth]
- Gumball: [fake female voice] Uh, hello! Is uh... Darwin Watterson there, please?
- Richard: Is this a Telemarketer? [acting as if there's something suspicious]
- Gumball: Uh, no. It's a recorded message.
- Richard: Oh, okay. [calls Darwin with a weird tone] Darwin, tele-phooone... [Darwin arrives and gives him the telephone]
- Darwin: Hello!
- Gumball: Congratulations! You've been selected to win a special prize!
- Darwin: [over phone] Cool!
- Gumball: Just answer this one question correctly! When you were locked in the bathroom, what were you going to tell Gumball?
- Darwin: [cheers] Oh oh! I know this one! I KNOW this one! I'm gonna win a competition, Mr. Dad!
- Richard: Wow! What's the prize?
- Darwin: I don't know. [to the phone] What's the prize?
- Gumball: It's uh... vouchers. For beauty Spa.
- Darwin: [disappointed] It's Spa vouchers.
- Richard: At last! A manicure!
- [Suddenly the call is interrupted by a voice informing Gumball to insert 25 cents to continue using the phone]
- Phone Voice: Please insert 25 cents to continue your call.
- [Gumball is trying to find a quarter to continue, but he runs out of coins]
- Gumball: Uh... Ah... Come on. Give me the answer!
- Richard: Oh! Ask them if they can do a foot massage and will they do my roots.
- Darwin: [sighs] Can you do a foot massage and...
- Gumball: [angry] GIVE ME THE ANSWER!
- Darwin: Okay... The answer is... [call ends]
- Gumball: NOOOOO!!! [slams the booth for a few seconds, then stops for a while] NOOOOO!!!
- [Gumball and Darwin are sitting at a table. Darwin is drawing a picture, and Gumball is sitting across from him]
- Gumball: [thinking] Ahh, I've got to find out that secret. Hm, Maybe I should try reading his mind. [starts straining, bugging his eyes out and stretching his face in an effort to read Darwin's mind.]
- Darwin: [puts his hands on his hips] Are you trying to read my mind?
- Gumball: [in a strained voice] I don't know. Are you thinking my face really hurts?
- Darwin: No...
- Gumball: Then I wasn't.
- [Gumball's face falls, then slowly retracts, eventually appearing to be sunk into his head, Darwin resumes his drawing]
- [Camera close-up to Darwin's face, sleeping in his fishbowl. Inside Darwin's dream, he is swimming in the ocean]
- Shrimp: [crying]
- [Darwin approaches the crying shrimp.]
- Darwin: What's the matter, little shrimp?
- Shrimp: I'm sad because my best friend won't tell me his secret.
- Darwin: [patting the shrimp] Sometimes even best friend have to have a secret.
- Shrimp: [in an angry tone] Did you have secrets?!
- Darwin: Uh... Only one.
- Shrimp: Well, maybe if you tell me that, I would be less sad.
- Darwin: But I can't tell you.
- Shrimp: Please Darwin. Please tell me your secret.
- Sea Creatures: Tell us your secret, Darwin...
- Catfish: Tell me your secret, Darwin.
- Darwin: What are you?
- Catfish: I'm a catfish.
- Darwin: But don't catfish live in fresh water, like rivers and streams?
- Catfish: Dude, it's a dream. I mean you're sweating underwater.
- [Darwin wipes his sweat]
- Catfish: [shouts] NOW TELL ME YOUR SECRET!
- [Cut to Gumball talking to Darwin]
- Gumball: ...tell me your secret! Tell me your... [interrupted] Oh, hey Darwin.
- Darwin: What are you doing?
- Gumball: Just helping you sleep. See?
- [The dining room. Darwin is drawing, while Gumball keeps begging Darwin for his secret]
- Gumball: [depressed] Darwin, tell me your secret.
- Darwin: No.
- Anais: What secret?
- Darwin: You know...
- Anais: Oh... That secret. [giggles]
- Gumball: [surprised] What? You know too? Come on Anais! I'm your big brother. Please, please, please tell me.
- Anais: Sorry Gumball. But I won't. It's for your own good.
- Gumball: Fine. If that the way you wanna play, I'll just have to get it out of you.
- [Gumball starts poking Anais head continuously]
- Gumball: Come on, come on, come on, come on, tell me, tell me, tell me, I know you're gonna tell me, you might as well tell me now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now, you know I'm gonna break you sis, you might as well tell me now, you're gonna break, if this gonna break, you tell me now. Tell me now, tell me now, tell me now, come on Anais, come on Anais, tell me now, tell me now, put it down, let it down.
- [Scene cuts inside the bus]
- Anais: [annoyed] You do that one more time...
- [Gumball pokes Anais for the last time]
Trapped in the Bathroom Again
- [The school lockers. Gumball, with a beaten-up face, approaches Darwin]
- Gumball: Hey, I've been trying with Anais and she told me everything, so it's okay to talk about it now.
- Darwin: She didn't, did she?
- Gumball: [sighs] No...
- Darwin: Look Gumball. When we were in the bathroom, we thought it was gonna be the end. So unless we're in that situation again, I don't think I can ever tell you.
- Gumball: That's it!
- Darwin: What?
- Gumball: What? What are you talking about "what"?
- [Cut to the boys' bathroom where Gumball locks the door and slide the key outside through the gap below the door]
- Gumball: There. Locked in. Now tell me your secret.
- Darwin: Fine. But don't go crying about it. [inhales] You know that secret when you made me that sandwich and I said it was "great"?
- Gumball: Uh huh, uh huh.
- Darwin: Well, it was just "good". [cries]
- Gumball: What?! Is that it?
- Darwin: I know you'll react like this.
- Gumball: I spent all this time, trying to get it out of you, and that was it?! A sandwich?
- Darwin: I'm so sorry Gumball. Look, let's just get out of here. [tries to open the door Gumball has locked] Come on. Come on!
- Gumball: Darwin, I locked it.
- Darwin: HELP! HELP!
- Gumball: ROCKY! WE'RE LOCKED IN THE BATHROOM!
- [Cut to Rocky mopping the floor and listening to a French language lesson. Cut back to Gumball and Darwin]
- Gumball: Oh man. What have I done? How we're gonna get outta here now?
- Darwin: Ah! Let's swim out through the toilet!
- [Brief pause]
- Gumball: WHY? [saddened]
- [Gumball sits above Darwin, which is now inside the toilet. Then Gumball flushes and both of them slides down. Rocky unlocks the door]
- Rocky: [in French, subtitled in English] Hello? Is anybody here? [brief pause] Meh.
- [Cut to a sewer where Gumball and Darwin have landed]
- Gumball: Now what?
- Darwin: Don't worry. We'll be perfectly fine, as long as the system don't get flushed out.
- [Moments later, a huge wave fills the sewer and hits Gumball and Darwin. They go through a series of pipes]
- Gumball: [coughs] I can't believe we're in this mess because of you!
- Darwin: Me? I said no! But you forced me to tell you.
- Gumball: Why would anyone hold on such a trivial piece of information?
- Darwin: You're the one who wanted to know.
- Gumball: That's because you said it was really bad! I mean you use the wrong adjective to describe a sandwich. Good, great, what's the difference?!
- Darwin: Well, if it's just a big nothing, why don't you get over it?
- Gumball: I am over it! But if I stop shouting, you'll look like I lost the argument! All I'm saying is I'm very sorry, please forgive me, and I love you!
- Darwin: I love you too!
- [Both eventually get stuck inside a bottle, which is on a conveyor belt among other bottles.]
- Gumball: [sighs] Cruel. Um, are we in the bottle of water?
- Darwin: What? Is this means the water we drink starts off in the toilet?
- Pantsbully: What do ya think? This stuff falls outta the sky or somethin'?
- Gumball: Sir, do you know the way to the Wattersons' house?
- Pantsbully: Go back the way you came, and this time take a left at the school pipe.
The Real Secret
- [Cut to Wattersons' house, then into the bathroom. Richard is washing his hands. Gumball and Darwin emerge from the toilet]
- Richard: [shocked] Did I ate you?
- Gumball: No, we've been lost in the sewers.
- Richard: Oh, thank goodness.
- [Richard and Darwin come out, leaving Gumball inside]
- Anais: Where's Gumball?
- Darwin: He's taking a shower.
- Anais: [in low voice] So, did you tell him the secret?
- Darwin: No. He must never know that we accidentally uploaded that clip.
- [Both of them laugh]
- ["Hip Flop" video clip that Darwin and Anais uploaded appears]
- Gumball: [setting web camera] Check this out.
- [Gumball dances, then he loses his balances and destroying anything nears him.]
- [The episode ends when the video clip shows the views count over 961,264,966 views.]
The Secret is the twenty-second episode of season one of The Amazing World of Gumball.
Gumball tries desperately to find out Darwin's secret.
somehow get locked in the bathroom together. Believing they will be spending the rest of their lives there, Gumball tells Darwin a secret he has been keeping for a while - he was the one who had drawn a creepy picture in Darwin's schoolbook, causing Darwin to receive a counseling session over the summer. After a moment of anger, Darwin starts to tell Gumball of a secret that he
has been keeping. Before he can say what it is, Rocky
opens the door and lets them out, explaining that he thought they were the ghosts of school girls haunting the bathroom. Gumball and Darwin cheer at their liberation, but as they walk away, Gumball becomes curious as to what Darwin's secret is. Darwin refuses to tell.
When they get home, they play the fighting video game. Gumball asks again for the secret, but Darwin still won't tell. Gumball, becoming more and more frustrated over Darwin's secret, begins mashing buttons really quickly out of anger. He beats Darwin's character violently, mashing him to dust with a big, wooden hammer as Darwin looks on in shock.
Later, Gumball prepares a meal for Darwin. Darwin warily eats it, believing it to be a ploy by Gumball to get his secret. He's right - Gumball made the food extremely spicy, and made all liquids inaccessible to Darwin, except for one glass of milk that he uses to taunt Darwin. Darwin chases after Gumball, desperately trying to grab the glass of milk, but Gumball simply and gracefully dodges his dives. Eventually, he is reduced to crawling. Right when he gets into grabbing range, Gumball sets it farther, and Darwin finally passes out, a flame portruding from his mouth. Gumball, feeling guilty, douses the flame with the milk, and Darwin jumps up and thanks him. Gumball grudgingly acknowledging it.
Gumball's next plan is to pretend to be a recorded message for Darwin. Using a pay phone, he calls the house. Richard answers the phone, and summons Darwin when he learns the message is for him. Gumball convinces Darwin that he has won a prize, but to claim it, he needs to tell his secret. The prize is vouchers for a beauty spa. While Richard is ecstatic, Darwin is not pleased. At this point, Gumball's phone time is almost up, and he has run out of quarters. He tells Darwin to hurry up. Darwin begins to ask for more spa details, but Gumball interrupts him with a loud "GIVE ME THE ANSWER!". Right before Darwin tells him the secret, his phone time runs out, causing Gumball to rage.
Gumball then tries reading Darwin's mind to figure out his secret. By doing so, he tries to focus on Darwin who is drawing a picture of something. When Gumball's face stretches all the way toward Darwin, Darwin wonders if Gumball's trying to read his mind. Gumball asks if Darwin was thinking that Gumball's face hurts from his attempt. Darwin says he isn't, and Gumball decides he wasn't trying to read his mind and lets his face relax after a sad attempt with his face giving out after that.
That night, Darwin dreams about himself swimming in the ocean. He hears a crying shrimp, and goes to him, asking him if he was alright. The shrimp claims he's sad because his friend won't tell him his secret. Darwin tells him that even best friends have secrets. The shrimp asks Darwin if he has a secret, and if he does, he should tell him, so he would feel better. Darwin refuses, but the shrimp just begs him to. The dream then becomes a nightmare, as all the sea creatures (including a catfish, who lives in fresh water) come out, and ask Darwin for his secret. Darwin wakes up, only to see Gumball begging Darwin to tell him his secret. When Gumball finds Darwin awake, he pretends to rub Darwin's fishbowl to help him sleep.
The next morning Anais claims to know Darwin's secret, and Gumball persists to get it out of her by poking at her head all day and on the bus ride to school. Anais threatens Gumball not to poke her again, but he does it anyway, causing him to get beat up. At school, Gumball acts as if he knows the secret to cleverly get it out of Darwin, however, Darwin says he'd only tell the secret in a life or death situation.
Gumball locks him and Darwin in the boys bathroom to get the secret out of him. Darwin says that the secret was the sandwich Gumball made for him wasn't great, it was only good. Shocked and angered, Gumball throws a fit at Darwin, since he expected the secret to be something less trivial. The only way out of the bathroom was through the sewers, which Gumball obviously didn't approve of. Soon enough, after minutes of swimming through sewage, arguing over the whole buildup to the secret, and ending up as a bottle of water at the water purification plant, Gumball and Darwin get home, coming up from the toilet in the bathroom, scaring Richard who was washing his hands and wonders if he ate them. They say he didn't and they were just trapped in the sewers, relieving Richard.
Darwin leaves the bathroom, letting Gumball take a shower, Anais asks Darwin if he told the real secret. Darwin says "No, he must never know that we accidentally uploaded that clip.". The video, is Gumball doing a hip hop dance and failing miserably as he destroys his whole room in the process. The video is shown to be a major hit because of the high amount of views it has received.
Darwin: You're giving me this food so I'll tell you the secret, aren't you?
Shrimp: Please, Darwin. Please tell me your secret?
Richard [seeing Gumball and Darwin came out of the toilet]: Did I eat you?
Gumball: No, we've been lost in the sewers.
Richard: Oh, thank goodness!
Darwin: Let's swim out through the toilet!
Gumball: Darwin, just tell me your secret.
Darwin: I love this game! It's so much fun.
Gumball: Yep. Hey, you know what else was fun? When we were stuck in the bathroom and you were gonna tell me that secret!
Darwin: Yeah, that was fun.
Gumball: Just out of curiosity for, what was a little secret?
Darwin: It's better you don't know.
Gumball: Sure, but... I told you mine therefore I think it's there you tell me yours.
Darwin: Nah, let's just play instead.
- Nicole didn't appear in this episode.
- Darwin/Anais' username for the website where they posted "Hip Flop" is "hadrianosaurs59".
- The scene where Gumball and Darwin are playing a video game has become a meme on YouTube. The game that they play is changed to a real video game. It is often titled "Gumball and Darwin play (insert game's name here)".
- The picture of Darwin and Gumball on the Stomach Destroyer in "The Dress" is hung on the wall beside the bathroom door.
- Gumball knows how to use a computer in this episode, but he didn't even know how to access the internet in "The Genius".
- The skateboarding scene from "The Pressure" appears as one of the related videos on the streaming site, along with a video from Mr. Small about "Small Kwon Do" and the awesome brick break from "The Gi".
- The scene when Mr. Small and Miss Simian see Darwin's creepy drawing, could be a reference to a similar scene in The Butterfly Effect.
- The "Hip Flop" video is a parody of the internet video "Webcam Dance Failure".
- In Kebab Fighter, the video game, when one character loses all of his HP, the game says "END IT!", an obvious parody of Mortal Kombat's "FINISH HIM/HER!".
- Despite Gumball making Anais disgusting food in "The Responsible", he is shown here making delicious food for Darwin; although, he did tamper with it.
- When the "Hip Flop" video is playing, it says "1,264,966 views" under the video. However, when the video ends it says "961,264,966 views".
- When Gumball and Darwin are walking in the school corridors after Rocky lets them out of the bathroom, Darwin's left fin is black when it's normally orange.