To edit the transcript, click here
Give Her Back!
- [On the school bus on the way to school, Anais is trying to get her Daisy the Donkey doll back from being thrown around by Tobias and Carrie]
- Anais: Hey, give it back! Put it down! Daisy! Leave her alone!
- [She turns around towards Gumball and Darwin]
- Student: Yeah, I got it!
- Student: Come on, Tobias, over here!
- Anais: Gumball, do something!
- Gumball: Sorry. There's nothing I can do, sis. You broke childhood rule number four: Never get a toy out on a school bus.
- Anais: You were the one who brought her on board!
- Gumball: Oh. Well, let that be a lesson to all of us.
- Anais: [makes a puppy face] Oh, Gumball, please get Daisy back for me. That's what big brothers are supposed to do!
- Gumball: Hm, I don't know. I'm not much of a fighter. I'm more of a...a...
- Darwin: A coward?
- Gumball: That's the word!
- [Anais starts crying]
- Gumball: [sighs] Okay, let me see what I can do.
- [Gumball walks towards Tobias, who is holding Daisy]
- Student: Give it here! Come on!
- Tobias: Who wants it next?
- Gumball: Hey, punks! Give me that donkey or else.
- Tobias: Or what?
- Gumball: You do not wanna know.
- Tobias: Really? [holds Daisy outside a window] What if I do this?
- Gumball: Then you'd unleash the full fury of my terrifying anger! Mountains will shake! Cities will crumble! The skies'll be ripped apart! And the meteor of my wrath will grind you to dust!
- [Tobias lets go of doll]
- Tobias: Oops!
- Gumball: Oh, man! I kinda hoped you'd buy the bluff.
- [Anais runs to the rear window and bangs on it repeatedly]
- Anais: Daisy! No! No, no, no!
- Gumball: Relax, sis! It's only a toy!
- Anais: [in a scary, deep voice] No, it's not!
- Gumball: [frightened] Okay! We'll get it back!
- Anais: Daisy!
- [The school bus speeds off and Leslie walks into the street to get the doll]
- Leslie: Oh!
- [Leslie picks up Daisy and walks away]
- [Gumball and Darwin are talking to Leslie]
- Gumball: Seriously, dude. You gotta give it back. My sister's blowing a fuse.
- Leslie: Sorry, guys. I gave it to Juke.
- [Gumball and Darwin go to Juke, who makes beat-boxing noises and shrugs]
- Gumball: Nice beats, but not much help.
- [Juke waves his arms and points to a bench with Daisy on it, and Gumball and Darwin run toward it]
- Gumball and Darwin: Daisy!
- Darwin: Yay!
- Gumball: Whoo-hoo!
- [When they reach the bench, Hector sits on it]
- Gumball: Ahem! Hector, I think you're sitting on something!
- [Hector stands up with the doll on his butt]
- Gumball: [to Darwin] Okay, this is a little embarrassing. You tell him.
- Darwin:[With a little great voice] Excuse me, sir. You appear to have a little something stuck to your right...buttock.
- Hector: Huh?
- [Hector flicks the doll off of his behind]
- Gumball: I got it! [runs for it] I got it! [he catches the doll, but it slips back out] Ah! What is wrong with me?! [he finally grabs it] Ha! I got it!
- [Gumball crashes into a basketball pole, and the doll continues flying away]
- Darwin: I got it, I got it, I got it! [comes back] I don't got it.
- Gumball: Why?
- [Darwin points at Tina, who has the doll and is playing with it. They approach her]
- Darwin: Excuse me, ma'lady, but it seems...
- [Tina roars at them]
- Darwin: Plan B?
- Gumball: Yeah.
- [Anais is at her locker, sad because of her lost doll, when Gumball and Darwin arrive]
- Gumball: Anais, Anais! [shows her a Daisy replica] Look what we found.
- Anais: [gasps] Daisy! [goes to grab it, but notices something] Wait a minute. That's not the real one.
- Gumball: No. It's much better. [winds up the doll] Look.
- [The doll starts walking and singing a Chinese song, then it burns and breaks. Gumball and Darwin look at Anais nervously]
- Anais: Hm, weak attempt to pawn me off with a cheap replacement. Where's my Daisy? [Anais examines Gumball and Darwin] Sweaty hands, nervous body language... you know who's got it, don't you?
- Gumball and Darwin: [they avoid eye contact] No...
- Anais: Your eyes just darted to the left. You're lying, aren't you?
- Gumball and Darwin: [they avoid eye contact again] No...
- Anais: [thinks for a moment] It's Tina, isn't it?
- Gumball and Darwin: [they avoid eye contact again] No...
- Gumball: Yeah, it's Tina.
- [Gumball, Darwin, and Anais are in Gumball and Darwin's bedroom]
- Anais: Listen, Gumball. I am not spending the night without Daisy! You'll just have to go in to Tina's place and get her back!
- Gumball: What?! Why me?
- Anais: Because...because... [makes a cute face] Because you were the one who lost it in the first place.
- Gumball: [makes a cute face too] But I'm just a little boy, and she's a giant T-Rex.
- Anais: But you are my big brother.
- Gumball: But I don't wanna get my face pounded to a pulp.
- [Both of them continue to exchange cute faces at each other until Gumball gives in]
- Gumball: Fine, I'll go.
- [Anais giggles]
- Gumball: But you two are coming with me!
- [Darwin and Anais both groan with exasperation and acceptance]
- [Gumball, Darwin and Anais are peeking through a gap in the door of Tina's room]
- Gumball: Man, this place is scary. Is that really her bedroom?
- Anais: It's a dump.
- Gumball: Literally.
- Anais: It's really sad.
- Gumball: [gasps] Look!
- [Gumball points at Tina, who has the doll in her arms]
- Gumball: Daisy!
- [They stop looking through the gap]
- Gumball: Okay, here's the plan. Get inside, lift up her arm, take the toy and get out of there. You got that, Darwin? Go!
- Darwin: I'm not doing that!
- Gumball: Well, I'm not either! There's a T-Rex in there!
- Anais: Well, one of you better go, otherwise, I'm telling Mom!
- Gumball: [considering] Getting told off by Mom or fighting a T-Rex. Mom, T-Rex, Mom, T-Rex.
- Darwin: Well, I'm going with the T-Rex.
- Gumball: Yeah, no contest.
- [Gumball and Darwin enter Tina's room, Darwin making noises as they walk]
- Gumball: [quietly] Darwin! Why are you making that noise?
- Darwin: [quietly] I'm sorry! I always do it when I'm nervous.
- Gumball: [quietly] Well, stop it!
- [Darwin covers his mouth, and they continue walking. When they are near Tina, she makes a movement that scares them]
- Gumball: [quietly] I'm not getting any closer to that thing. Wait here.
- Gumball: [quietly] Anais!
- Anais: [whispers] What?
- Gumball: [whispers] You see that pole over there? Throw it to me!
- [Gumball holds up his hands]
- Anais: [whispers] Okay!
- Darwin: [whispers] No, no! He can't catch!
- Anais: [whispers] Here it comes!
- [Anais expertly throws the pole and Gumball jumps to grab it, but misses and it hits Darwin, knocking him down, before clattering on the ground. Tina stirs, but does not wake up, and Gumball sighs in relief]
- Darwin: [whispers] I'm okay!
- [Gumball shushes him, picks up the pole, and begins poking Tina]
- Darwin: [whispers] Careful. Careful!
- Gumball: [whispers] I'm sorry! It's just really hard to maneuver a long pole!
- [Darwin laughs]
- Darwin: [quietly] Look, it's like she's smiling.
- [Gumball has on the corner of Tina's mouth and moves it up and down, making her look happy and sad]
- Darwin: [quietly] Happy, sad, happy, sad.
- [Gumball and Darwin laugh]
- Gumball: [whispers] Hey, Darwin, look!
- [Gumball begins picking Tina's nose and poking at her mouth, making noises. Anais walks up behind them]
- Anais: [whispers] What are you doing?
- Gumball: [whispers] Don't worry! She'll never wake up.
- [Tina stirs again, frightening Gumball, Darwin and Anais, and rolls over on top of Daisy]
- Gumball: [quietly] Okay, I think we have to move her.
- [With difficulty, Gumball and Darwin move Tina until they can see Daisy again]
- Gumball: [to Darwin] Hold it, buddy! Let me see.
- [Gumball reaches out for Daisy]
- Darwin: [in pain] Gumball!
- Gumball: What?
- Darwin: You have to help me!
- Gumball: Yeah, yeah, just two seconds.
- Darwin: [in pain] Gumball!
- [Darwin falls under Tina and Gumball gasps, but Darwin manages to get out from under her]
- Darwin: [whispers] I'm okay.
- [Gumball and Anais sigh in relief and Gumball gasps when he sees Daisy, grabbing her]
- Gumball: [quietly] Yes! Yes! I got it!
- [Gumball holds up Daisy and it makes a noise, as the pull-string was stuck on Tina's nail. Tina wakes up]
- Gumball: [quietly] Run.
- [The three run off screaming with Tina chasing them]
- Anais: Gumball!
- Gumball: What?
- Anais: Gumball!
- Gumball: What?!
- [Gumball sees Tina right behind them and screams. The three hide in a car and Gumball tries to roll up the window, but Tina stops him, so Gumball locks the door. Tina tries to open the door from the open window, but can't reach it and Gumball, Darwin, and Anais laugh at her. Tina walks away]
- Gumball: [sighs] I think we're safe now.
- [The roof of the car caves in and the three scream and Gumball opens the door]
- Gumball: Run!
- [They run off]
- Gumball: [to Anais] Where's Darwin?
- [Darwin runs past them]
- Anais: This was a stupid idea!
- Gumball: I know! Should we just give it to her?
- Anais: No, she's mine!
- Gumball: Okay, you have it then!
- [Gumball tosses Daisy at Anais, who trips, and runs off]
- Anais: Gumball! Help me!
- Gumball: I can't! I'm too much of a coward!
- [Darwin glares at Gumball, who sighs]
- Gumball: Fine. Throw me Daisy! It's what's she after!
- Anais: Okay, go long!
- [Anais throws Daisy and Tina, Gumball, and Darwin run after it]
- Darwin: Oh, Gumball! She's after us now!
- Gumball: Don't worry, you know I can't catch.
- [Daisy lands in Gumball's outstretched hands and he and Darwin stop running]
- Gumball: I hate myself.
- [Gumball gives Daisy to Darwin and runs off]
- Darwin: I hate yourself.
- [He screams and runs from Tina]
- Gumball: Psst! Over here!
- [Darwin hides behind a car with Gumball and after Tina runs by, they run in the other direction]
- Gumball: The gate! We're nearly there! It's almost over!
- [Tina appears in front of the gate]
- Tina: Not so fast.
- [They stop running and scream, Darwin doesn't stop screaming until Gumball puts his hand over Darwin's mouth]
- Gumball: Darwin, keep absolutely still. Her vision is based on movement.
- Tina: That only works in movies.
- [Tina roars and they scream and she runs toward them, but is caught underneath a crane claw]
- Gumball: Huh?
- [Gumball and Darwin look up and see Anais]
- Anais: Yay!
- [Anais gets off the crane]
- Anais: Daisy!
- Gumball: You know, Tina, there's a lesson in this somewhere. Don't mess with the Wattersons.
- [Gumball and Darwin do a dance]
- Gumball: Who's the boss now?
- Tina: I'm sorry. It's just that I've never had a toy before. I swear I-I wanted to give it back, but...she helped me to sleep. It's just so scary here.
- [Tina gives them a sad look]
- Gumball: Oh, man! Those puppy eyes again. I feel really bad now.
- Anais: You know what, Tina? I think you need Daisy more than I do.
- [Anais puts Daisy down in front of Tina]
- Tina: Really?
- Anais: Yeah, she'll look after you when you're scared. Besides, I don't need her anymore; I've got Darwin and Gumball to look after me.
- Gumball and Darwin: [sigh] Group hug.
- [They hug]
- Tina: That's very touching...but now you better start running.
- Gumball, Darwin, and Anais: Why?
- Tina: My dad eats trespassers.
- [Tina's dad comes up behind them and roars and the episode ends.]
The Quest is the seventh episode of season one of The Amazing World of Gumball.
Gumball and Darwin lose Anais' Daisy the Donkey doll and have to get it back from Tina Rex.
The episode starts with Anais
trying to retrieve her pull string donkey, Daisy
, from Tobias
. She asks Gumball
to get it back from them. He tries to tell Tobias that if Tobias doesn't give Daisy back, the mountains will shake, cities will crumble, the heavens will be ripped apart, and then a meteor of Gumball's horrible wrath will grind Tobias to dust. He was hoping Tobias would believe him, but Tobias throws it out the window. The camera moves to where Daisy landed, and showed Leslie
picking the doll up. At school, Gumball and Darwin
try to find Daisy, but Daisy eventually ends up in the hands of Tina
through the flick of a finger.
Too scared to tell Anais that Tina had Daisy, Gumball and Darwin give Anais a cheap replacement, which is purple while Anais' Daisy is pink. When the string of this toy is pulled, it dances and sings in Chinese, while Anais' Daisy says "Sweet dreams" and makes donkey noises without movement. Then, one of the fake Daisy's eyes pops out and the toy bursts into flames, burning the plush to reveal the robot in the toy. Anais knows that the boys are lying because their hands are sweaty, they have nervous body language and their eyes roll every time they speak.
That night, Anais makes Gumball and Darwin go to Tina's house and get her toy back (with some cute eye persuasion). At the dump, which is apparently where Tina lives, they find Daisy under Tina's arm. Anais tosses a pole that Gumball fails to catch and hits Darwin right in the face. They mess around with the sleeping Tina and get the doll back, but soon get chased by Tina as she tries to steal it back. Tina chases them into an abandoned car, and smashes the roof just as the trio was getting out. They continue running away from Tina. Anais is holding Daisy and trips. Gumball told Anais to throw Daisy to him. Gumball then said that since he can't catch it, it will fly somewhere else. Gumball ends up catching Daisy, and gets cornered by Tina.
Anais succeeds in trapping Tina under a crane claw, and Tina tells them that she has never had a toy before and that Daisy helped her sleep and that it gets scary at night. Anais decides to let Tina keep Daisy. Tina then warns the trio that her dad eats trespassers, just as her dad walks into frame and roars.
Anais: (deep, demonic voice) NO. IT'S. NOT.
Gumball: (scared) OK, we'll get it back.
Tina: That's very touching, (deep voice) but now you better start running.
Gumball, Darwin and Anais: Why?
Tina: My dad eats trespassers.
Anais: Listen, Gumball, I am NOT spending the night without Daisy! You're just gonna have to go to Tina's place and get her back!
Gumball: What?! Why me?
Anais: Because...because... (makes her cute face) Because you were the one who lost her in the first place.
Gumball: (makes a cute face too) But I'm just a little boy. And she's a giant T-Rex.
Anais: But you're my big brother.
Gumball: But I don't want to get my face pounded to a pulp.
(the two of them continue to exchange cute faces at each other until Gumball gives in)
Gumball: (stops making face) Fine, I'll go.
(Anais giggles with victory)
Gumball: But you two are coming with me!
(Anais and Darwin groan with exasperation and acceptance)
Gumball: (catches Daisy) I hate myself.
(throws Daisy to Darwin)
Darwin: I hate yourself.
- In an early storyboard for this episode, Sussie was supposed to be tossing Anais doll around with Tobias, but the storyboard artists dropped her for Carrie for unknown reasons.
- Tina is shown to live in a junkyard, which may suggest that her family is homeless, or that they live there because it is the only place big enough for her and her family to live comfortably.
- Mr. Robinson's car is visible in the junkyard.
- On July 11, 2012, this episode was aired in the US with the UK opening. It's likely that this was accidental as it (along with the other episodes) is usually aired with the US opening.
- The song that the robotic Daisy sang in Chinese can be translated into: "I am a small Daisy, I love to dance. I am a small Daisy, I love to... [burns up]"
- In recent reruns, the title card and opening credits are cut out for unknown reasons.
- In this episode, Anais gives her Daisy doll to Tina, but in "The Refund", she has it back, which implies that this episode may take place sometime before "The Quest", or that Anais bought another one.
- When Gumball tells Darwin that Tina's vision is based around movement, Tina states that that only works in the movies, referencing a (scientifically inaccurate) scene from the movie Jurassic Park.