To edit the transcript, click here
Ghost in the Watterson's House
- [Richard is seen sleeping. Then he wakes up to the sound of thunder and gets scared]
- Richard: [Waking up] Is that you, tooth fairy?
- [Richard hears a moan and then screams]
- Richard: AAAAAGH! IT'S A GOAT! IT'S A GOAT! IT'S A GOA-
- [Nicole wakes ups and sighs, she turns on a music box and Richard falls asleep, calmed by the stars that come from the music box]
- [Gumball, Darwin and Anais are having brakfast. Gumball pours some daisy flakes in his bowl]
- Gumball: Mum, I need more!
- Nicole: But that's your fifth box.
- Gumball: Well, it's because... I'm growing?
- Nicole: Well can you try to grow slower? This is costing me a fortune.
- [Nicole sighs, then opens the cupboard door, revealing Richard being squeezed inside, who then hands the box to Nicole.]
- Nicole: Thanks. [shocked after noticing Richard in the cupboard] Richard, what are you doing in the cupboard?
- Richard: [panicking] I'm hiding from the ghost. THIS HOUSE IS HAUNTED!
- Nicole: Okaaay... I'm closing the door now. [closes the door and hands the cereal box to Gumball]
- Gumball: Thanks, Mom!
- [Gumball starts pouring Daisy Flakes into his pants]
- Anais: What are you doing?
- Gumball: Follow me and all will be revealed.
A Surprise in the Attic
- [Gumball leads Darwin and Anais to the attic]
- Gumball: I've got something AMAZING to show you.
- Darwin: Whoa! A sheet!
- Gumball: No, Darwin. Something even better!
- [Gumball pulls off the sheet to reveal Mr. Robinson under it]
- Darwin and Anais: Mr. Robinson?
- Gumball: Yep! I found him in the shed, so I put him up here in the attic, where I've provided him with... [Shows a dog tray with a bone] ...full own suite dining... [Shows a glass of dirty liquid] ...unlimited beverages, and...[Shows a cardboard box with a pillow with flies flying around on it] a queen sized bed.
- Anais: Do you realize what keeping a fifty-year-old man in these conditions is called?
- Darwin: Love?
- Anais: Kidnapping.
- [Anais walking out of the attic]
- Anais: And I want nothing to do with it!
- [Anais slams the attic door angrily]
- Gumball: Don't worry, Mr. Robinson. We will never abandon you!
- [Gumball and Darwin hugs Mr. Robinson]
- Darwin: What was he doing in the shed?
- Gumball: I don't know. He hasn't said a word since I found him.
- Darwin: He looks kinda...
- [Camera zooms onto Mr. Robinson's sad face]
- Darwin: ...broken.
- [Gumball and Darwin starts comforting Mr. Robinson]
- Gumball: It's okay, Mr. Robinson. I know just what will cheer you up!
Cheering Up Mr. Robinson
- [Scene shows sad Mr. Robinson wearing a party hat and blower]
- Gumball: And now, ladies and gentleman! For tonight only, I give you...
- [Gumball slides onto stage]
- Gumball: Me. [Laughs]
- Darwin: WHOA! [Applaud] This guy's good!
- Gumball: Okay, okay. Now, what do you call.. THIS? [Changed himself into an odd figure]
- [Darwin and Mr. Robinson stared at him]
- Gumball: That's right! A pea on a fork! [Drum sound]
- Darwin: [Stunned for a second, then gasp] His head is the pea. His head is the pea!
- [Darwin laughs hysterically while smacking Mr. Robinson's back, causing him to blow his party blower]
- Darwin: Funny.
- Gumball: And now, what's this?
- [Gumball raised his arms and starts moving his hip up and down, while the clueless Darwin stared at him]
- Gumball: It's a butt — [Moves his hip up] in an elevator!
- [Darwin laughs hysterically again and tried smacking Mr. Robinson's back again, but slapped his own mouth instead as Mr. Robinson is gone]
- Darwin: Ow! Huh?
Missing Mrs. Robinson
- [Mr. Robinson walked towards the window to realize that Mrs. Robinson is checking her mailbox. Mrs. Robinson noticed Mr. Robinson, and then Mrs. Robinson angrily stomp away]
- Mr. Robinson: [Grieving] Why? Why...?
- [Scene changed to the living room where Richard is beginning to enjoy his hot dog]
- Mr. Robinson: [loudly] WHYYYYYY?!
- [Richard, in shock, accidentally squeezed his hot dog sausage off to the ceiling, causing him to turn angry]
- Richard: ENOUGH! [throws hot dog bun onto the ground] You can ruin my sleep! You can tear apart my family! But you will not stop me from eating.. my SAUSAGE!
- [Back in the attic]
- Gumball: Cheer up, Mr. Robinson! You know what I do when I'm feeling a bit low? I look at this.
- [Gumball shows Mr. Robinson a picture of a funny looking cat, however Mr. Robinson shows no sign of happiness]
- Gumball: Hmm... Hey, look what I found!
- [Shows the ElectroFAT machine]
- Gumball: [Singing] ElectroFAT! Gets you fit while you watch TV!
- Gumball: I think this might help! It says here: "Promotes health and happiness. Side-effects may include electrocution, hair loss, hair gain, depression, euphoria, black-outs, amnesia.." blah blah blah.. AH HA HA! "Get results fast!"
- [Gumball and Darwin start placing pads from the machine onto Mr. Robinson]
- Darwin: Well this is exactly what you need!
- Gumball: Okay now. Power it up!
- [Gumball turned on the machine while it is working on Mr. Robinson, causing him to continuously twitching]
- Gumball: Look, he's moving! It's working!
- [Mr. Robinson continues to twitch]
- Darwin: He's asking for more! Turn it up!
- [Gumball increased the power of the machine, causing Mr. Robinson to twitch even faster. The power supply starts to overcharge]
- Gumball and Darwin: He's smiling, he's smiling!
- [Gumball increase the power of the machine to its limit, causing Mr. Robinson to twitch vigorously, while the power supply starts to release static]
- [Below the attic, Richard is setting up traps to catch the "ghost"]
- Nicole: Richard, what are you doing? AHH!
- [Nicole gets stuck on the trap while the power went off]
- Richard: [Shocked] AHH! NICOLE! NICOLE! NICOLE! WHERE ARE YOU?! NICOOOOLE!
- [The power went back on]
- Nicole: I'm here. Richard, can you tell me why I'm hanging upside down?
- Richard: [Panicking] Because this place is haunted, and I need to set more traps!
- Nicole: [Sigh]
- [Back in the attic, Gumball and Darwin coughed from the smoke while scene shows that Mr. Robinson got electrocuted from the machine]
- Darwin: Does he look happy?
- Gumball: Nah, he looks like a bulldog staring at the sun, don't you think?
- [Gumball shows a picture of a bulldog staring up]
- Darwin: Oh yeah.
- Gumball: [Sigh] Let's try to remember the last time he looked happy.
- [Gumball and Darwin thinking]
- Gumball: Oh yeah! That was the day you learnt how to tie your shoelaces.
- [Scene flashbacks the day Darwin learnt how to tie his shoelaces, which he then accidentally tied the shoelaces from both shoes together, causing him to fall on his face while the automatic door starts closing on him]
- Darwin: Oww. Oww. OWW! OWW!
- [Mr. Robinson starts laughing hysterically at the demise of Darwin]
- Darwin: Ahh... the smile on his face! I'll treasure that memory forever!
- Gumball: That's it, Darwin! He finds happiness in the suffering of others! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
- [Gumball and Darwin is about to start beating themselves up in front of Mr. Robinson]
- Gumball: Hey, Mr. Robinson! Look at this! [Gumball starts hitting himself by repeatedly stepping at the fork of the rake, causing the pole to hit him continuously] Ah ha ha ha ha! AH, it's funny 'cuz it hurts! Ah ha, right Mr. Robinson?!
- [Camera shows that Mr. Robinson is still not happy]
- Gumball: Err...
- Darwin: You gotta put more heart into it, LIKE THIS!
- [Darwin hit himself in the face with a wooden baseball bat and fainted]
- [Back below the attic, Richard equipped himself with a portable vacuum cleaner. Richard starts gasping for air after rolling up the stairs and then started to prepare for attack]
- Nicole: Richard, honey, can you help me down please?
- Richard: [Still panicking] Don't you understand?! We're at war! [Shows Nicole his empty hot dog bun] I've already lost my sausage. [Crying] And I will not lose another one!
- Nicole: But who are you fighting?
- Richard: The ghost, of course!
- [Back in the attic, Gumball still continues to beat himself up with a pan on his hand while crawling to Mr. Robinson]
- Gumball: Hey, Mr. Robinson.. Look!
- [Gumball hit his face with the pan]
- Gumball: Is he smiling yet..?
- Darwin: Nope..
- Nicole: [Off screen] Richard. RICHARD.
Loss of Anger
- [Richard and Nicole started arguing below the attic. Richard is arguing without taking a breath, whereby his face turned red]
- Nicole: Richard, by all means, be hysterical. But don't forget to breathe!
- [Richard then started to take a deep breath, and then started arguing again. This time, both of them are quarreling, while Mr. Robinson, Gumball, and Darwin looked at them. Mr. Robinson then smiled mildly]
- Mr. Robinson: Ahhh, Margaret and I used to argue like that. Sometimes up to six times a day.
- [Scene started to show a montage of Mr. Robinson's life with Mrs. Robinson]
- Mr. Robinson: From first thing in the morning to last thing at night. In the kitchen, in the backyard, in the car. Occasionally, we do it in public. Once, even while we were sleeping. [Laughs]
- [Scene changed back to the entrance to the attic]
- Gumball: But what happened?
- Mr. Robinson: I don't know, something changed.
- [Scene reverts back to the montage]
- Mr. Robinson: And one day, she said the spark had gone, and she asked me to leave.
- [Scene shows Mrs. Robinson chasing Mr. Robinson out of the house, while he sadly walked away. Scene then changes back to the entrance of the attic]
- Mr. Robinson: [Turned sad] That's when you found me in the shed.
- Gumball: So THAT'S what's wrong with Mr. Robinson! He's lost his anger! Look!
- [Gumball pushed Mr. Robinson's eyebrows downwards to show his angry expression]
- Darwin: Oh yeah! That looks more like it!
- Gumball: We're gonna sort this out!
- Mr. Robinson: How?
- Gumball: Leave that to us! But first, we're gonna get you outta here!
Getting Back Your Anger
- [Back down the attic, Richard holds a paper bag while breathing on it]
- Nicole: Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in...
- [In the attic, Gumball and Darwin try to safely help Mr. Robinson down to the backyard]
- Mr. Robinson: Are you sure about this?
- Gumball: Don't worry, you're in safe hands! Ready?
- [Down below the attic, Richard continues to breathe into the paper bag. After which, Richard and Nicole saw Mr. Robinson, not knowing he was under the sheet, falling down to the backyard. Both of them were shocked and Richard screamed in terror, and then wield his vacuum cleaner in anger]
- Richard: ENOUGH!
- [Mr. Robinson then fainted at the backyard, with the sheet then covering him.]
- [Scene changes to the Robinson's backyard where Mrs. Robinson is watering her flowers, after which she cut off one of her flowers and laugh wickedly]
- Gumball: Hmm, I'm not sure what he sees in that woman. [Mrs. Robinson start cutting off the rest of the flowers] But anyway, come on Mr. Robinson! Let's show her you still got it!
- [Darwin removed the sheet from Mr. Robinson]
- [The group preparing to perform]
- Gumball: Okay, now go do your thing!
- Mr. Robinson: I can't, kids. I'm not that man anymore..
- Gumball: Then we'll do it for you!
- [Gumball and Darwin start moving Mr. Robinson's arms and mouth while shouting at Mrs. Robinson]
- Gumball: [Moving Mr. Robinson's arms and mouth] Hey, you! Mr. Robinson's wife! Come and have an argument with him! I mean... me! We're gonna have a fight and you're gonna like it! [Mrs. Robinson walked up to Mr. Robinson] HA! How do ya like my arguing huh?! See how angry I am?! [Pushes down Mr. Robinson's eyebrows]
- [Mrs. Robinson opened up the gate to reveal Gumball and Darwin holding up Mr. Robinson's arms, while Mr. Robinson's eyebrows went back up]
- Darwin: [Still moving Mr. Robinson's mouth] Wanna make out?
- [Mrs. Robinson then slams the gate and stomp away angrily]
- Mr. Robinson: [sighs depressively] You made it worse. [Sliding down the fence gate] I didn't think it was possible, but you made it worse! [Covering himself with the sheet and started crying]
- Richard: [Mistaking Mr. Robinson for a ghost again] AAGH! THE GHOST! HE'S ABOUT THE ATTACK THE CHILDREN! [Pushes the barrel of the vacuum cleaner back and forth like a shotgun and then charged forward to the "ghost"]
- [Gumball and Darwin run away while Richard hits Mr. Robinson under the sheet while Mr. Robinson yelps in pain]
- Richard: This is for attacking my kids! And THIS. IS. FOR. MY. SAUSAGE!
- Gumball and Darwin: DAD!
- [Gumball and Darwin start trying to stop Richard from hitting Mr. Robinson]
- Richard: No, get out of my way —
- Gumball: Stop it! Stop it! It's Mr. Robinson!
- [Gumball then accidentally hit Mr. Robinson with the end of the rake, and Mr. Robinson groans in pain]
- Gumball: Oh. Sorry!
- [Mrs. Robinson then shows up with a suitcase full of Mr. Robinson's clothes. She threw the clothes out of the suitcase to him and then throws the suitcase at him, hurting him once more, which made him start thinking of the moments that happened that day. After remembering the picture of the funny looking cat Gumball showed him earlier, he went into rage, causing his glasses to crack]
Angry Mr. Robinson
- Richard: Show yourself, ghost of Mr. Robinson!
- [Richard then removed the end of the vacuum cleaner and use the barrel to suck the sheet off Mr. Robinson, revealing himself, and also got his nose stuck onto the barrel]
- Richard: [Seeing Mr. Robinson] Hey, what's up, neighbor?
- Mr. Robinson: [Grabs barrel of vacuum cleaner] I've had enough of this family...
- [Mr. Robinson plugs out the barrel off his nose and started shouting]
- Mr. Robinson: Your touchy lifestyle. Your ugly house. Your cheap darted shed! I'LL SMASH IT TO PIECES!
- [Mr. Robinson started banging the shed with his fists, while Gumball, Darwin, Richard, and Mrs. Robinson stared at him]
- Mr. Robinson: [Banging his head on the shed] [Gasping for air] It's more solid than I thought. BUT THIS IS WHAT I'LL DO TO YOUR UNFASHIONABLE DUCT CHAIRS!
- [Mr. Robinson stepped on the duct chair, only to get his leg stuck between it]
- Mr. Robinson: [Removing his leg from the duct chair] GODDAMMIT! [Gasping for air] AND AS FOR YOUR CRUMMY THRIFT STORE VACUUM CLEANER! [Trying to break the barrel of the vacuum cleaner with his knees] BUY CHEAP- [Pull both parts of the barrel apart and throw them to the ground] -BUY TWICE!
- Mr. Robinson: AND THIS!... [Mr. Robinson snatched the scissors from Mrs. Robinson's hands. Mrs. Robinson starts to look pleased with Mr. Robinson's anger burst] ...is what I think, of your two. Dollar. Clip-on. TIE! [Cuts Richard's tie in half while Richard looks very sad]
- [Mr. Robinson started laughing proudly of himself]
- Mr. Robinson: I'M BACK! And as for you! [Opens the fence gate and pull Mrs. Robinson to the Wattersons' backyard, which he then started serenading her]
- Gumball and Darwin: Yay! Welcome back, Mr. Robinson!
- Mr. Robinson: Thanks.
- Gumball: So, since we saved your marriage and everything, I guess that makes us best friends forever?
- Darwin: So can we call you Gaylord instead of Mr. Robinson?
- Mr. Robinson: Don't push it, kid. Now, take me home, woman!
- [Mr. Robinson jumped onto Mrs. Robinson's arms, and she happily carried him back into the Robinsons' house]
- Richard: What was that all about?
- Gumball: Well, there never was a ghost, dad.
- Darwin: It was Mr. Robinson!
- Gumball: We hid him in the attic!
- Richard: No, I mean what's wrong with our house, our shed, and my tie? [Starts sobbing]
- Gumball: [Started comforting Richard] Dad, you know what I do when I feel like a loser? I look at this.
- [Gumball shows Richard a picture of a rat lifting a barbell]
- Richard: [Sniff] Yeah. [Sniff] I feel better now! [Laughs] Who does he think he is anyway? [Mimicking Mr. Robinson] Two-dollar clip-on tie. At least I know how to treat my wife!
- [Back below the attic, Nicole is biting off the rope trap off her, causing her to fall off it. She sighs, dusts off herself, and tries to walk off the trapped area, only to get hanged upside down again by another of Richard's trap]
- Nicole: AHH! [Angrily] RICHARRR-
- [Episode ends]
The Poltergeist is the twenty-fifth episode of season one of The Amazing World of Gumball.
Gumball and Darwin save Mr. Robinson's marriage.
are asleep in bed when Richard hears a low moaning sound coming from the attic. He assumes that it's a ghost and gets very scared, prompting Nicole to turn on a musical baby lamp which Richard finds very relaxing and falls asleep.
The next morning, Nicole finds Richard in the cupboard hiding from the ghost while getting another box of cereal for Gumball. Anais and Darwin question why he's pouring the cereal in his trousers and he leads them both up to the attic.
Gumball reveals that he has been keeping Mr. Robinson in the attic ever since he found him in the shed. For some reason, Mr. Robinson hasn't said a word or moved a muscle since he found him, so Gumball decides to give Mr. Robinson a comedy show starring himself. It doesn't work, and after a routine Mr. Robinson gets up and looks out the window to see his wife getting the mail. She glares at him and walks away muttering something angrily.
Obviously upset, Mr. Robinson begins to yell "WHY?!" to Richard's hot dog splatting on to the ceiling. Richard thinks the poltergeist ruined his sausage. Gumball shows him a picture of a cat playing a kazoo but this still has no effect on him. Gumball finds a box containing "Electro Fat", which is apparently an exercise aid that electrocutes you into getting into shape. He hooks up Mr. Robinson to the aid and turns it on, which causes him to be electrocuted. They crank the power up to its highest setting which shorts the house's electricity out.
Inside, Nicole accidentally triggers a trap that Richard had set for the ghost. The trap hangs her upside down while the power is still out, making Richard think that the ghost is making her levitate when the lights come back.
Gumball and Darwin are observing the severely electrocuted Mr. Robinson and compare him to a bulldog staring at the sun. Seeing Mr. Robinson sad reminds them of the last time they saw him happy, which was when Darwin's head was being squished in between the automatic doors of Food N' Stuff. Remembering this, they conclude that Mr. Robinson is more partial to physical comedy and not stand up.
Back in the house, Nicole is still hanging upside down. Richard begins to hysterically argue with Nicole about the ghost situation, causing Mr. Robinson to curiously peek at them. Feeling emotionally triggered by the sight of Nicole and Richard arguing, he explains that he lost his spark, which is his anger, forcing his wife to kick him out as he has a short flashback to all the times and places he and Margaret argued. Gumball figures out that what was missing in Mr. Robinson's life was his anger, which is what made the Robinsons love each other.
Gumball decides to lower Mr. Robinson down out of the window to get him outside without his parents noticing, the plan works, but Mr. Robinson still falls onto the Wattersons' lawn. Outside, Mr. Robinson sees his wife watering, and then beheading flowers. The boys encourage Mr. Robinson to have an argument with his wife, but he claims to not be that man anymore. Gumball and Darwin then attempt to use Mr. Robinson like a puppet and pretend to make him be angry, but Margaret sees through their trick, causing Mr. Robinson to get depressed again and start crying under the sheet.
Just then, Richard comes out of the house with the vacuum cleaner in hand and charges at Mr. Robinson, assuming that he's the ghost and was about to attack his sons. After Richard violently smashes him with the vacuum cleaner a couple of times, Gumball whacking him with a rake while protecting him from his dad, and Mrs. Robinson throws his suitcase on him, Mr. Robinson snaps with the pressure of the day's previous events and his anger returns.
In his fit of rage, he attempts to destroy The Wattersons' backyard but miserably fails. However, seeing her husband back to his old grouchy self reignites the spark in their marriage as Mr. Robinson throws open the gate and snuggles his wife lovingly. After rejecting Gumball and Darwins' proposal to be friends now, the Robinsons leave.
Richard is feeling insulted by Mr. Robinson, who called his house, lawn chairs, and his clip-on tie ugly and tacky, so Gumball shows him a strange picture of a cross-eyed gopher lifting a dumbbell. This somehow cheers him up as he states that even though the Robinsons have nicer stuff than he does, he knows how to treat his wife. Contrarily, Nicole is seen alone in the house, biting through the ropes. She manages to free herself but is again caught in another trap, she yells to Richard angrily and the episode ends.
- Gumball's picture of a bulldog is signed by Mic Graves.
- This episode marks the second time that Mr. Robinson has a major role. The first is in "The Debt".
- This episode appears to take place after "The Car", as Richard's Electro Fat is stored away in the attic.
- For some reason, the window on the roof in front of the house is a part of the attic instead of Gumball and Darwin's room as it was in previous episodes.
- Mrs. Robinson was seen with a genuine smile in this episode, which is the first time this has happened.
- Richard wearing the vacuum cleaner on his back is a reference to the proton packs from the movie Ghostbusters. it could also be a reference to Luigi's Mansion, in which Luigi must defeat ghosts with a special vaccum called the Poltergust 3000.
- When Mr.Robinson was remembering everything that happened to him, he cracked the lenses on his glasses. But when he said, "Your tacky lifestyle!", his glasses' lenses weren't cracked.
- When Mrs.Robinson shut the mailbox, the lid didn't move.
- When Nicole was hung upside down, her skirt was not affected by the gravity.
- At the the start of the episode Gumball put the cereal "Daisy Flakes" down his pants but they were never seen nor mentioned for the rest of the episode.
- In Darwin's flashback, the white circles of his shoes are missing. Also, in the same scene there's a reflection of a disabled sign in the glass but it is facing towards the mall, not the parking lot.
- Despite the fact that Nicole says that there are no such things as ghosts, Carrie is one.
- When Darwin is being pushed by the electric doors, the reflections on the doors stay on them despite the fact that the doors are moving.
- When Nicole says "Richard, by all means, be hysterical. But don't forget to breathe!" her sleeves are missing.