- To edit the transcript, click here.
- [The episode starts by showing the Watterson's house. Gumball is heard yelling 'EVERYTHING HAS TO BE PERFECT!' from the inside; Scene changes to the kitchen where Anais is frantically trying to unclog the sink but Gumball is yelling at her]
- Gumball: I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M SEEING! IT'S STILL CLOGGED!
- Anais: I'm trying!
- Gumball: EVERYTHING HAS TO BE PERFECT!
- Anais: I know, I know!
- [The sink goop splats on Anais]
- Gumball: NOW PAINT THE HOUSE! [Throws a can of paint at Anais]
- [Anais sighs]
- Gumball: DARWIN, WHERE ARE THE COOKIES?!
- Darwin: THEY'RE NOT COOKED YET!
- Gumball: WELL, COOK THEM FASTER!
- [Gumball turns the temperature dial on the oven causing flames to fly out, which causes Darwin to shriek, then Richard appears to be messily eating some cookie dough]
- Gumball: DAD! YOU HAVE COOKIE DOUGH ALL OVER YOURSELF! GO TAKE A SHOWER!
- Richard: Again?
- [Gumball bites his lip and points to the bathroom, Richard sighs; Scene changes to the living room where Nicole is busy tidying up the house using the vacuum cleaner]
- Gumball: MOM, WHY IS THE GARBAGE STILL HERE?! DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MYSELF?!
- [Gumball throws the garbage bag at Nicole]
- Anais: The car's coming!
- [Gumball screams, then smells his hand and makes a disgusted face and runs to the bathroom]
- Gumball: GET OUT! AND WHY ARE THERE TIRES IN THE BATH?!
- Richard: You told me to wash every part of the car.
- [Gumball throws the tires at Richard]
Gumball: Come on, come on, come on!
- [Gumball strains to get the toothpaste out, it comes out a bit, then slides back down. He then looks around desperately, sees a cake of soap, sighs, then begins brushing his teeth with soap]
Mr. Fitzgerald: Look Penny, I know you like this kid, but are you sure there isn't a better partner for your medieval assignment? I don't like this part of town.
Penny: Dad, we've been through this, and you said that you would trust my judement.
Mr. Fitzgerald: I know, I'm sorry sweetie. I'm sure Gumball and his family are lovely people.
[Fitzgerald car passes Watterson's house. Penny and Mr. Fitzgerald both gasp]
Anais: Gumball, she's here! Hi, whoa!
[Anais falls off the ladder, she laughs, Richard is taking a shower in the bushes naked]
[Nicole comes out of the trash]
Nicole: Oh, [laughs] Hi!
[Gumball pushes Darwin aside and runs down the steps with soap in his mouth]
Gumball: Hello! Welcome to The Watterson's House!
[Mr. Fitzgerald drives off]
Gumball: No please, wait Penny, come back, Penny!
[Gumball chases the car down the road. Penny opens her mouth to say something]
Mr. Fitzgerald: It's a no.
[Gumball cries and finally collapses]
[Shows Elmore Junior High, Gumball, Darwin, Tobias, and Idaho are on the steps]
Idaho: Tobias, you're taking this medieval assignment way too seriously. Are they your mama's stilettos?
Tobias: This, you rustic troglodyte, will allow me to attract fair Penny to be my study partner. Good morrow, fair maid!
Penny: Nice tights. [sarcasm]
Tobias: Why, thank you!
Idaho: I think that was irony.
Tobias: No, it wasn't.
Penny: Yes it was!
Hey, Gumball, I just wanted to say sorry, about last night.
Gumball: Last night? What happened? Oh, you were gonna come over to work on our medieval assignment. But you didn't. I didn't even notice since I was so busy.
Penny: Really? But, my dad said you were calling our house till like, four in the morning.
Gumball: Pssh. That could've been anyone. No one picked up the phone, so there's no one you can know it was me!
[Mr. Fitzgerald comes in to pick up Penny]
Penny: Listen, I can't really talk right now.
[Penny points at her dad to Gumball. Gumball looks confused]
Gumball: Are you trying to throw away your thumb or something?
Penny: No, it's my dad. He doesn't really want us hanging out together, and...
[Penny's voice becomes almost inaudible because of Mr. Fitzgerald angrily staring at Gumball. The staring eventually 'burns' Gumball, but he pats it out.]
Penny: See ya later.
Gumball: Oh, hi, Mr. Fitzgerald! I think we got off on the wrong foot yesterday.
If you only got to—OH-HO! Oh, wow! These things just pop right off, don't they?
I'll just put that back on here. Let me just...try this a bit.
Oh! Well, at least we know it works.
Mr. Fitzgerald: [annoyed] Watterson, stay away from my car, and stay away from my daughter.
Penny: Can I say something here?
Mr. Fitzgerald: No!
Gumball: But - oh!
Darwin: Don't worry. You'll pass that medieval assignment. You know the whole book by heart.
Gumball: But...but I learned it all for her.
Darwin: Well, that was a waste of time. Her dad hates you.
Gumball: Oh, come on. I'm not that bad.
[Darwin looks doubtfully at Gumball]
Gumball: Then...then I shall prove myself to him.
Tobias: So the simple knave intends to take the hand of fair Penny. Well, they have encountered upon
Sir Tobias of Elmore! [voice echoes] Who's watched all the movies made in medieval times. You may have the ladie's eyes right now, but mark my words, beef-weighted peasant, before the day is out, the damsel will be mine! [Tobias laughs] Oh. Hey guys, you weren't listening!! I was explaining everything! Guys...
[Gumball rings doorbell]
Gumball: Hi Mr. Fitzgerald! I made you a mix tape and a cake. See? I'm not that bad!
[Mr. Fitzgerald slams the door, but Gumball puts the mix tape and cake through the mail dlivery slot. The cake falls out in pieces and splatters on the floor.]
[Mr. Fitzgerald is jogging]
Gumball: Oh, Hi Mr. Fitzgerald. What a surprise, we must jog the same route. Yeah, you look really sweaty. Here, let me help you!
Mr. Fitzgerald: What the—what are you—Get away from me!
Gumball: Mr Fitzgerald, I...just..wanna...say...I'm not that bad!
[Gumball falls back of exhaustion. Scene changes to Mr. Fitzgerald at a construction site with two workers]
Mr. Fitzgerald: So, there were two muffins in this oven. The first muffin says, "Good grief, it's hot in here!" and the second muffin says "Good grief, a talking muffin!"
Gumball: (laughs) That reminds me of one time when me and Mr. Fitzgerald were... uh... we were...
We never hang out.
[Scene changes to Mr. Fitzgerald driving home from work. He notices a billboard has changed, so he looks at it.]
Mr. Fitzgerald: "Watterson and Fitzgerald Co. Friendship Unlimited"? What the..?
[Mr. Fitzgerald's car then crashes into The Doughnut Sheriff's car. The Doughnut Sheriff writes a ticket, then Mr. Fitzgerald's airbag inflates into his face. The scene changes to Gumball going to Mr. Fitzgerald's house again.]
Gumball: (singing) I wanna study with your daughter, I know you don't think that I oughta.
I'm not that bad I'm pretty friendly, I think that you should be--
[Mr. Fitzgerald angrily grabs Gumball's ukelele and crushes it in his hands.]
Mr. Fitzgerald: [irritated] I don't care. You are not good enough for my daughter, and I don't want you
around her. End of story!
Gumball: (still singing) So why don't you gimme one more--
[Mr. Fitzgerald slams the door, only to find the doorbell ringing again. He opens the door, only to see Tobias at the doorway.]
Tobias: I am Sir Tobias of Elmore and I'm here to claim your daughter's hand.
[Mr. Fitzgerald slams the door again.]
Tobias: AHH! Please sir... releaseth my foot... Let not this door stand in the way of true love.
Just at least open it a little bit so I can get my foot out.
Okay, I'll squeeze it out myself. It's really hard because my toes are swollen now! [Tobias effortfully squeezes it out] Aaah... Ahh... Ohh...
[Scene goes back inside]
Mr. Fitzgerald: Hey, Penny, what is it with you and boys these days? Penny? Penny?
(Gumball sees Penny sitting on the Watterson's doorstep reading a book.)
Gumball: Penny! I thought your dad didn't want you to come over.
Penny: Exactly. That's why I asked my mom.
Gumball: Cool. Do you still want to study? Because I know that medieval stuff by heart!
Tobias: Have at you, you cantankerous oaf!
Tobias: I demand satisfaction.
Gumball: For what?
Tobias: For stealing the hand of my promised!
Gumball: [hissing] What the heck do you want, dude?!
Tobias: I demand... a duel.
Gumball: I don't want to duel. Leave us alone. I'm not doing this.
[Tobias continually slaps Gumball with one glove.]
(Scene changes to front of house, the boys are wearing medieval-costumes.)
Gumball: If I do this, you're gonna leave us alone, right?
Tobias: Only if you win. If you lose, Lady Penny is mine.
Penny: No, I'm not.
Gumball: Yeah, did you consider Penny's feeling in any of this?
Tobias: In time, she will learn to love me.
Penny: No I won't.
Tobias: Let the joust commence.
(Gumball and Tobias runs towards each other)
(Gumball's skateboard hits a rock.)
Gumball: Ahhh, woah!
(And then he bumps right into Tobias.)
[Tobias gets up, albeit hurt]
Tobias: A worthy foe but how are you at hand-to-hand combat? En garde!
[Gumball turns around, one of his eyes are red]
Gumball: You're a complete nutcase, man! I don't want to fight you anymore.
Tobias: Then victory is mine and I shall take the hand of my lady.
[Tobias grabs the hand of Penny.]
Gumball: Never! [Hits tobias's hand of pennys with his broom] oh sorry. Oh, are you ok?
[Tobias gets angry and attacks him again]
Tobias:[Swinging broom under gumballs legs] Dance for me, jester dance!! faster jester faster!!
(Penny gasp as she throws her book at Tobias' face)
Gumball: Thanks Penny!
Penny: Tobias, stop it!
Tobias: I'll stop in exchange for a kiss.
(Gumball accidentally throws his broom at Penny, knocking her over.)
Gumball: Oh! Sorry.
Penny: It's okay.
Gumball: Wait. Ok go. That's better. Penny!
Gumball: Can you throw me my sword?
Penny: You mean your broom?
Penny: Come on can we just do the assignment now please?
Gumball: Yeah, just give me a second, i think he's getting tired.
Mr. Fitzgerald: She better not be around here. I hate this lousy neighborhood.
Gumball: Penny get back, you're gonna get hurt.
Penny: I wouldn't have to help if you weren't losing.
Gumball: I'm not losing. I'm just catching my breath.
Tobias: Step aside, woman!
Mr. Fitzgerald: That little punk again.
[As tobias watches, Gumball jumps in front of Mr. Fitzgerald's car, Penny looks and gasps. Mr. Fitzgerald gasps, and as Gumball pushes Penny out of the way, Mr. Fitzgerald swerves. Tobias now looks shocked, so does Mr. Fitzgerald. As Mr. Fitzgerald heads towards the house, past Tobias, his mirror breaks off again, then Mr. Fitzgerald crashes off screen.]
Tobias: Ok, you win. bye!
Mr. Fitzgerald: Are you kids okay?
Gumball: We're fine.
Mr. Fitzgerald: Thank you so much, Gumball. You saved my little girl's life. I can't believe I took you and your family for such a bunch...
Richard: [angrily] WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! NICOLE, GET OUT HERE! THIS CLOWN NEARLY RAN OVER OUR KID!
Nicole: [also angrily] WHAT?!
Mr. Fitzgerald: [nervously] I-It's not what it looks like.
Nicole: I don't want you, near my family, ever again.
Mr. Fitzgerald: Please. Here, let me just pay you.
Nicole: I don't want your money! You come around here....
[Mr. Fitzgerald is now nervous as the entire Watterson family angrily complain, yell and protest at Mr. Fitzgerald, while Gumball and Penny do nothing but turn around and innocently shrug]
The Knights is the third episode of season two of The Amazing World of Gumball.
Gumball and Tobias compete for Penny's affection by putting on the lamest duel in history.
The episode begins with Gumball rushing his family to get the house cleaned up for Penny's arrival. As Richard is taking a shower, Gumball notices that his breath is bad, throwing his father out and cleaning his mouth with a bar of soap as they are out of toothpaste.
Meanwhile, Penny and her father are driving to the Watterson's home. On the way, Mr. Fitzgerald asks of his daughter's decision of doing her Medieval project with Gumball, suspicious of him and the neighborhood, to which she still says yes. As they pass the Watterson's, they see Anais falling off of a ladder, Richard completely nude and giving himself a shower with a hose outside, Nicole covered in garbage bags, Darwin with a tray of badly burnt cookies, and Gumball hurrying to greet them with a mouth full of green soap suds. Mr. Fitzgerald quickly drives away to her daughter's contempt, while Gumball runs after them until he collapses.
The following day at Elmore Junior High, Idaho and Tobias are discussing the Medieval assignment. Tobias is dressed in a very flamboyant outfit and speaks in an exaggerated accent, which Idaho indicates, stating that he is taking the assignment too seriously. Tobias say nonsense and Penny passes, commenting on Tobias tights. Penny goes over to Gumball to apologize to him for the other day and to explain how her father feels, which Gumball completely misunderstands. Noticing Mr. Fitzgerald driving up by the kerb, Gumball tries to make amends, but inadvertently knocks off one of his rear-view mirrors and accidentally deploys his airbag. Mr. Fitzgerald sternly tells Gumball to leave both his car and daughter alone.
Distraught about Mr. Fitzgerald's dislike for him, Gumball resolves to show his worth. His efforts have him offering Mr. Fitzgerald a cake and a mix tape, following him on his jogging routine and wiping the sweat off with a washcloth, conversing with him at work, much to the chagrin of him and his co-workers, and vandalizing a billboard as a gesture of their "friendship". The last attempt causes Mr. Fitzgerald to lose his focus and accidentally crash his car into the Doughnut Sheriff's, resulting in a traffic ticket. Gumball's final attempt is singing him a song about how he wants to study with Penny, but he rejects Gumball's song and irately drives him away. Moments later, Tobias arrives at the doorstep to voice his interest in doing the assignment with Penny. Mr. Fitzgerald responds by slamming the door and injuring Tobias' foot in the process, immediately calling out to Penny regarding the boys' infatuation over her. No response is heard.
Upon returning home, Gumball finds Penny sitting on his doorstep, who was permitted by her mother to come. Gumball is overjoyed, but his excitement is short lived as Tobias soon enters the scene, who wishes to take Penny for his own. Tobias challenges Gumball to a duel, which ends in a stalemate after both forces collide with one another. The duel turns into hand-to-hand combat at Tobias' demands, which Gumball refuses. After being taunted that Tobias wins by default, he reluctantly accepts the challenge.
As the 'duel' progresses, the tide turns to Gumball's favor through Penny's help, but turns towards Tobias' after putting a garbage can over Gumball's head and smacking it repeatedly. Penny strives to break the conflict, giving Gumball a window of time to throw his broom at Tobias. The broom hits Penny by mistake, continuing the fight. Back on her feet, Penny tries one more time to subdue Tobias, who throws her off in the middle of the road. At this moment, Mr. Fitzgerald's car makes the turn towards the street. Noticing this, Gumball pushes Tobias off and dives in front of Mr. Fitzgerald's car in the nick of time to save Penny from harm, while Mr. Fitzgerald swerves to avoid hitting her at the same time, crashing into the Wattersons'. He races out of his car in a daze. Frightened, Tobias departs, leaving Gumball with Penny. Mr. Fitzgerald thanks Gumball for saving his daughter, in time for Richard to come out in his underwear, angrily telling Nicole that his driving endangered their son. Mr. Fitzgerald nervously tries to reason with them, but Nicole, Richard and their children, yell and complain for the wreckage. Gumball and Penny shrug this off nonchalantly.
- This was the first episode of Season 2 in CN Philippines and CN Latin America.
- This episode has more errors than any other episode, with a total of 12 errors.
- A short clip of this episode was shown at Comic-Con as a preview of season two.
- Penny and Tobias get a redesign in this episode.
- The scene where Tobias frees his foot and makes the "sssss.....ahhhh" noises is a parody to a Family Guy scene where Peter hurts his knee.
- Penny saying that Tobias's tights looked nice is not irony, but sarcasm.
- When Gumball runs to Mr. Fitzgerald's car, Penny is in the front of the car but in the next shot she is in the back.
- The Wattersons' Car disappears and reappears on the Watterson's lawn throughout the episode.
- When Mr. Fitzgerald's car approaches The Wattersons' house, Gumball knocks over Darwin to greet them, yet there was no possible way he could've done this since he didn't run out the door and the door was closed. The space between the door and the end of the right side of the porch is too small to have Gumball sprint as quickly as he did, moreover he wasn't there in the first place.
- The paint on the roof disappears in the scene of Gumball introducing his house.
- When Gumball is running after the Fitzgerald's car, the background clearly shows that nothing is in the Watterson's front yard.
- When Gumball first attempts to put the mirror back on the car, his waist is too high because in the next shot of him trying to ram it in, his body is significantly smaller than the car.
- When Darwin explains that Gumball will pass the medieval assignment, he casts a shadow over Gumball, which technically the sun is not in the right position to do.
- When Gumball throws the stick at Penny, he casts a twelve o'clock shadow, but when he fights in the next scene, both Tobias and Gumball make three o' clock shadows.
- When Richard calls down Nicole near the end, Nicole's footsteps are heard running but she doesn't come out the door. She comes from the right side of the porch, which again, can't happen because there is nowhere to run from.
- During slow motion, Gumball lost his tail.
- Tobias ends up at a different place, after he charges at Gumball.