- To edit the transcript, click here.
||"OMG, OMG, UF2HLP!"|
This article is a stub. Please help the Gumball Wiki by expanding it.
- [The episode begins with Richard opening a mirror cabinet to get shaving cream. He closes it, and a reflection of his beard is shown. He yawns, then inhales deeply. He screams while putting shaving cream on himself, then shaves it off with an hatchet. He splashes hot water on himself, then puts slices of cucumbers on his eyes, then applies a green face mask. He pulls a nose hair out, then tears the face mask off. He looks at himself beautifully, then roars. He points to himself.]
- Richard: (whispering) You still got it.
- [Gumball and Darwin go up to the mirror and grabs a toothbrush. They brush their teeth.]
- Richard: Hey, kids. Do I look old to you?
- [They put the toothbrushes back.]
- Gumball: Uh, It's hard to say. I guess that's the good thing about being fat- It fills out all the wrinkles!
- Richard: Agh! Well, guess my age.
- Gumball and Darwin: Uh...
- Darwin: Ooh! Ice Age!
- Richard: What?! Are you kidding me? When do you think I was born?
- Gumball: Uh, I don't know. 1592?
- Richard: What?!
- Gumball: Minus a hundred!
- Richard: 1492? That's when America was discovered!
- Gumball: Aw, come on! Help us out here. Was it B.C. or A.D.?
- Richard: Hmmph!
- [Richard turns his back on the boys and leaves the bathroom. Nicole enters with a towel wrapped on her head and a bathrobe on.]
- Nicole: What did you say to your father?
- Gumball: It's not our fault! It was a trap!
- Nicole: Ooh, was he fishing for compliments again?
- Gumball: Yeah. [chuckles] Some reality got caught in the net.
- Darwin: But you know what it's like, Mrs. Mom. You're pretty old, too.
- Nicole: [giggles] I'm old?
- Gumball: Yeah, I mean that you're so old t- that you learned to drive on a horse!
- [Gumball and Nicole laugh.]
- Darwin: You're so old that you ate dodoes your first Thanksgiving!
- [Laughter from Gumball, Darwin, and Nicole.]
- Gumball: You're so old that if you had kids now, they'd be born middle-aged!
- [They all laugh.]
- Darwin: Yeah, I mean, that you're so old that-
- Nicole: ALRIGHT!
- [Nicole grabs her eyelids and pulls them.]
- Nicole: No one stays young forever, you know. You'll see how it feels when it happens to you.
- [Nicole leaves the room. Gumball and Darwin snicker.]
- Darwin: Aw, I think we'll be fine.
- Gumball: Yeah, dude. I've been twelve like... [Gumball counts.] Forever, now!
- Darwin: I think we can safely say that we'll be young forever and never [disorted.] cha-a-a-a-ange!
- [Darwin covers his mouth.]
- Gumball: [gasp] Dude! Are you [deep voice, everything shakes] alright?
- Darwin: What's happening?
- Gumball: I think [deep voice, everything shakes] our voices are broke!
- Darwin: Dude, I think you made some of my organs move inside...
- [Gumball and Darwin are sitting on the couch silently and then they look at each other]
- Gumball: Okay that was weird, but I'm not gonna let it ruin our day. I'll call Penny and see if she wants to go to the mall.
- [Gumball gets off the couch, picks up the phone, dials numbers and puts it up to his ear. It rings for a second and then the screen splits to Gumball and Mr. Fiztgerald.]
- Mr. Fitzgerald: Fitzgerald residence!
- Gumball: [in squeaky voice] Hi, can I speak to Penny [voice changes to whisperish deep voice] pleeeease...
- Mr. Fiztgerald: Is this a joke?
- Gumball: [still with whisperish deep voice] No.
- Mr. Fitzgerald: This better be a joke.
- Gumball: No, wait, I don't think you understand-
- [Mr. Fitzgerald's half of the screen gets bigger and bigger, crushing Gumball.]
- Mr. Fitzgerald: I don't think you understand. You think you can call my house and freak us out? You think you've got a scary voice? [in deep, scary voice] This is a scary voice. Now listen to me. I have a very specific set of skills. Skills I've acquired over a very long career. In real estate. If you never call by daughter again, that, will be the end of it. But if you do, I will look for you. I will find you. And I will build a house around you. With no doors.
- Gumball: [with squeaky voice] Ok, bye!
- [Gumball puts the phone back, and now has a triangular head due to getting crushed. Darwin stares at the ceiling.]
- Gumball: What are you looking at?
- Darwin: I dunno, what are you pointing at?
- Gumball: Come on, [takes Darwin's hand] let's just go together. [the two walk out]
- [Scene then shows Gumball and Darwin, with Gumball's head back to normal, as they watch the bus stop and get on. Darwin then speaks to the driver.]
- Darwin: Hello, two kids-price [deep voice] tickets, please. [covers his mouth]
- [The bus driver is revealed to be a stout viking dwarf]
- Bus Driver: You digust me!
- Gumball: Wait, what? [deep voice] Why?
- Bus Driver: Where is your pride? Where is your beard? WHERE IS YOUR AXE?! [draws out a large axe]
- Gumball: [deep voice]Wait,why are you driving with an axe?
- Bus Driver: Oh i use it to push the pedals.
- Darwin: [deep voice]Sir I think you confuse. We're not what you--
- Bus Driver: Your manly warrior voices gave you away our people will wonders in the mines of Esmaradell and here you are, pretending to be children to scrounge your bus fare! Shame on you.
- Gumball:[deep voice] Dude we're not cheating anyone. We're kids.
- Bus Driver: I should report you to the Council of Elder
- Gnome 1: You dont need a discount. Your mouth is full of gold and wisdom!
- Gnome 2: How can someone be so ill and mean so evil?
- '[Gnomes throw food and rubbish at Gumball and Darwin while they step off the bus]'[Bus Driver throws his axe at them]
- Gumball: Do you feel like walking? I feel like walking.
- [Gumball and Darwin walk off the scene]
Gumball: See it wasn't that far.
[Camera zooms out to show that Gumball and Darwin's legs have been burnt off by walking]
Darwin:Look! [Darwin points to "Buy one get one free on 2-sided tape"]
Gumball: Oh wow. Buy one get one free on two-sided tape. Thats like four sided tape.
Darwin:No [Grows legs] look! Half price on double choclolate chip cookies! Thats like quadruple chocolate! [Darwin runs off]
Gumball:[Attempting to catch up with darwin]Hey wait!
Darwin: Hmm. Where are the cookies? [To Larry] HEY!
Larry: Oh? Hey yourself young man. I know im just a clerk here, but that is not a way to speek to people.
Darwin: OH! SORRY! [Darwin covers his mouth]
Larry: Oh i see. Now im getting attitude. You know there is a policy here for disrespectful costumers
Darwin: It's not MY fault.
Larry: Oh ho ho. So now its my fault.
Darwin: Dude CHILL OUT! [Darwin covers his mouth]
Larry: You refrigerate yourself mister. All right thats it. [On radio] Security, we have a code orange st aisle 13
Darwin: No! Please its not my fault. [Gumball approaches]
Gumball: Dude whats going on?
Darwin:I cant get through BECAUSE OF MY VOICE and now Larry's angry at me
Gumball: Ah dont worry, i'll take care of it [Security guard approaches]
Guard: Sir im gonna need you to calm down.
Gumball: WE ARE CALM![Darwin covers his mouth]
Guard: Dont force me to use force! You need to take it down a notch!
Gumball: I CAN'T
Guard: Fine! You asked for this! [Pulls out object]Actually im not allowed to anything but ask you to leave the premisies peacefully.
[Gumball kicks a can of cola and darwin lies down on the ground crying]
Gumball: Mabey i'll just call Dad for a ride home.
[Gumball runs off and comes back onto the scene]
Gumball: He didn't understand a word i sait and told me that he dosn't speak fax machine [Gumball punches his laranx(Voice box)] Aww stupid voice! [Distorted by voice changes] What is wrong with you!? [No voice, subtitled] Well that didn't work.
[Penny approaches in her car]
Penny: Gumball where have you been? Why didn't you call me?
Gumball: [No voice, not subtitled] Penny my voice is broke. [Penny's window rolls up]
Mr Fitsgerald: Waterson are you giving my daughter some kind of weird silent treatment? [Scary voice]Because if you are, I have a very spicifc set of skills, Skills ive aqu-- [Gumball sighs, opens the door and rolls the windows up]
Gumball: [No voice, subtitled] I think we need a doctor.
'Darwin: What? Oh hold up. [Darwin punched himself]'[No voice, subtitled] I think we need a doctor.
Gumball: [No voice, subtitled] That's what i said!
Gumball: And sometimes its perfectly fine but the next thing you know its [Voice squeaks] all over the place.
Darwin: [Deep voice]Are you makeing fun of us because our voices are broke?
Doctor: Your voice is not broken there breaking, it means your growing up.
Make The Most of It!
- Gumball and Darwin: We enjoy it while we can. We enjoy it while we're kids. We enjoy it while there's still time. To make the most of it. We go around the block and we loiter by the mall. The people think we're thugs, so they give the cops a call. But we can get away with it 'cuz it's a public space. Turns out we weren't loitering, just standing in one place.
- Gumball: I don't wear a suit or a-
- Gumball and Darwin: Stupid tie!
- Gumball: I dress with my eyes closed and-
- Gumball and Darwin: I still look fly!
- Old Mouse: (spoken) It looks like you got a leg transplant from a wiener dog.
- Gumball: (spoken) Yeah well you- *groans* And when I don't have a comeback I can always cry.
- Gumball and Darwin: We enjoy it while we can. We enjoy it while we're kids. We enjoy it while there's still time. To make the most of it.
- Gumball: I'm allowed to eat candy, it's okay to be chubby. It's called baby fat, that's how my momma likes me. I don't need to worry about the calories I ate. 'Cuz I'm just a kid with a crazy metabolic rate. [turns skinny] (spoken) Too far.
- Darwin: Don't you ever worry about the cavities in your teeth?
- Gumball: Who cares if these fall out, I've got new ones underneath!
- Darwin: I'm getting tonnes of loot, 'cuz I look so cute. Where are these presents from? It just doesn't compute.
- Gumball: We don't have to worry about makin' ends meet. We just throw things in the buggy that we like to eat. 'Cuz when you're still a kid, everything is magic. You don't know it yet.
- Gumball and Darwin: Life can get pretty tragic.
- Gumball and Darwin: We enjoy it while we can. We enjoy it while we're kids. We enjoy it while there's still time. To make the most of it
- Gumball: We don't have to worry, 'cuz we don't have jobs. We can sit around all day and hang out just like slobs.
- Gumball and Darwin: We don't freak out about resumes or skills. 'Cuz we don't have either, we got no bills. We got all the time that we wanna kill.
- Newspaper Employee: (spoken) What time is it?
- Gumball and Darwin: It's time to chill!
- Red Construction Man: (spoken) What do you think you're doing?
- Gumball: (spoken) Just enjoying not having a job.
- Red Construction Man: (spoken) Well, you can't stay here!
- Gumball: (spoken) Why? Does the sight of freedom hurt your adult feelings?
- Red Construction Man: (spoken) No, kid! You're gonna have to move, because-
- [A truck horn blares, along with a crash.]
- Gumball: When you're still a kid, being sick is cool. Mom gives you hugs, and you don't have to go to school. Stay at home, watch TV, all day slackin' off. If someone checks on you, just give them a little cough
- Richard: (spoken) Are you alright?
- [Gumball coughs]
- Richard: (spoken) Aww!
- [Richard hugs Gumball, as he gives a demonic glare at the viewer.]
- Gumball: It's not my fault if I behave like a dummy. I do a lot of stupid things, 'cos I find it funny.
- Gumball and Darwin: We don't need an excuse, 'cuz we've got imagination. We're using it right now to escape the situation. Because when you're a kid, you dream of many things. Like being a Ninja Dentist, or a Wizard Cop with wings. We could fight a shark-bear-gator with a sword made of swords!. Be the best at everything and win awesomeness awards. See an underwater castle with a seahorse made of crystal. Saving mermaids from sharkpeople using golden laser pistols. Plunder the universe in our pirate spaceship. Go back in time to teach cavemen how to kick-flip. Don't need to worry about our future plans for college. Super powers, robot arms, that's a substitute for knowledge
- Gumball: It's okay for me to dream that I'm a cowboy from the west!
- Darwin: And for me to keep hopin' that there's still a change to grow a (deep voice) chest!
A New Start
is the first episode of Season Three of The Amazing World of Gumball
Gumball and Darwin's voices may be breaking but they're showing no signs of growing up.
The episode begins with Richard washing his face to prepare for the day. Gumball and Darwin walk in, and make fun of him for being fat. Nicole comes in and asks what they said to him. They say it was a trap and start making fun of her for being old. Nicole then leaves angrily. The boys begin to notice how they are not growing up and agree that they will be young forever. Darwin says they will never change, but as he says "change", his voice rapidly begins to change pitch. Gumball asks if he is alright, only to have his voice become so low that the bathroom shakes. Gumball concludes, in an extremely low voice that destroys the bathroom, that their voices are broken.
Gumball then decides to call Penny. Her dad answers the phone, and Gumball asks if he can speak to Penny while his voice is cracking. Penny's dad assumes that Gumball is prank caller who is trying to freak him out. Mr. Fitzgerald talks in a scary voice and warns Gumball. While he is talking, the left side of the screen enlarges and squishes Gumball's head on the right side of the screen. He hangs up, and decides that he and Darwin should just go to school.
When they go inside the school bus, Darwin asks for tickets in a deep voice. The bus driver then gets mad and they can't go without weapons. Gumball tells the driver that he and Darwin are just kids, but says it in a deep voice, which causes the driver to believe they're not kids. Gumball and Darwin then decide to just walk to school. They then stop by a store and Darwin sees a poster of a double chocolate sundae, and wants to buy the sundae.
Darwin then walks in to ask Larry something, and yells, "HEY!" which startles Larry and causes him to get mad. Darwin keeps yelling, and Larry threatens to call the security guard. Gumball asks what's going on, and Darwin tells him that he can't control the volume of his voice. Gumball yells, and the security guard comes, asking him and Darwin to leave. They leave, and Gumball gets angry at his voice, causing him to punch himself until he can only wheeze. A car comes with Penny and her dad in it. Penny asks Gumball what's going on, and Gumball tries to talk to her, but he can only wheeze. Penny's dad then talks to Gumball in a scary voice on how he has a set of skills. Gumball closes the window and shuts the door since he's already heard this from the phone call. Gumball then tells Darwin that they might need to go to a doctor. Since Gumball wheezed and Darwin can't understand him, he punches himself and repeats what Gumball said while wheezing.
Gumball and Darwin then go to the hospital and asks him why their voices are broken. The nurse laughs and says that their voice are breaking, not broken, and tells them they are growing up, and only a small percentage of people in the world never grow up. Shortly after that, Gumball and Darwin are seen walking home, and Darwin asks him what he would do if he knew if his childhood days are over. Gumball says he would lie on the ground and cry, which is exactly what he does. Darwin then slaps Gumball in the face, says no, and that they should make the most of it. Then they sing the rap, "Make The Most of It", and they are shown doing typical kid stuff. After the rap, Gumball and Darwin's voices go extremely low. They then rap in their deep voices. A kid and his mother assume that Gumball and Darwin are short men pretending to be kids. After hearing this, Gumball and Darwin walk in a gray area. Gumball cries, and Darwin says it's over and they're not kids anymore.
They then sing another song in their deep voices. When they triumphantly start singing about the benefits of growing up, the area turns colorful and their voices change so that they sound younger than before. Gumball is confused, and Darwin then realizes that he and Gumball are in the 1% of people on the earth who never grow old. The episode ends with them extremely happy that they're going to be kids forever, but then suddenly realize how boring it would be and lost their enthusiasm.
- This episode was confirmed by Ben Bocquelet on November 5, 2013.
- Originally, the episode was scheduled to be aired on May 27, 2014 in US but Cartoon Network delayed it to June 5, 2014.
- This is the last episode that Logan Grove and Kwesi Boakye voice Gumball and Darwin, and the first episode Jacob Hopkins and Terrell Ransom, Jr. represent their voices as the two main characters.
- This is the first episode of the show to be produced and aired first, unlike Season 1 and 2.
- "Make The Most of It" is currently the longest song to be ever sung on the show.
- The animation during portions of the "Make The Most of It" song was done by the crcr collective, the same collective that worked on the Cartoon Network 2013 Summer Ident.
- This is the third time in the series Darwin is seen wearing pants. The other instances were in "The Gi" and "The Castle".
- Gumball and Darwin's "manly warrior voices" were provided by Stefan Ashton Frank.
- Gumball breaks the fourth wall by saying that he's been 12 forever, referencing how cartoon characters don't usually show age development.
- Running gag: Gumball kicking objects on the ground.
- Gumball breaks the fourth wall during his phone call with Mr. Fitzgerald when he is crushed into the corner of the screen as it zooms in.
- Darwin breaks the fourth wall by saying that "they are the 1% of people who never grow old", implying that they are "people on TV", which was said by the nurse earlier.
- Despite their voices only beginning to break in-show, Gumball and Darwin's "normal" voices are noticeably lower than in previous episodes. This is due to their voice actors beginning puberty between seasons.
- The shark-bear-agator from "The Gi" is referenced in the song.
- This is the fifth time we see Darwin's butt (sixth time if you count the trailer).
- Mr. Fitzgerald's threat to Gumball over the phone is a reference to a quote in Taken.
- Manly Warrior, the bus driver, resembles Gimli of The Lord of the Rings series.
- In "Make The Most of It " one line of the song says "everything is magic!" This may be a reference to the title of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".
- During Richard's morning routine, he puts cucumber slices on his eyes, and closes his eyes before applying a facial mask. When he opens his eyes, the cucumber slices disappear.
- During "Make the Most of It", there is a specific lyric: "We have all the time that we wanna kill". Darwin's mouth moves, but he makes no sound.
- When Gumball calls Penny, he presses the phone as if there were buttons on it, although there are no buttons on the phone. They are on the phone jack.
- Gumball and Darwin go to the Elmore Hospital, but the interior is an exact copy of the Elmore Jr. High clinic.
- Donut Sheriff has no hole in his centre.