To edit the transcript, click here
I can't eat
- [Gumball and Darwin are sitting at a table in the cafeteria, Carrie is next to them. Gumball and Darwin eat their food, they're both pleased by its flavor. Gumball gives Darwin a try of his food, Darwin does the same]
- Carrie: [sighs] That's just so insensitive. You know ghosts can't eat! [eats a lump of food, it falls through her body back onto the plate; she sighs] Watching you two at lunchtime makes my afterlife a misery!
- Gumball: But Carrie, you like being miserable.
- Carrie: That's not the point. I'm hungry.
- Gumball: So, why do you come to the cafeteria every day?
- Carrie: Because it brings out the only feeling I have left: [flips her hair] pain.
- Gumball: [has a sad look for a moment, then cheerfully] Can I have your lunch then?
- Carrie: [sighs] Whatever... [Gumball starts eating it] I wish I still had a body...
- Darwin: [cheerful] Why don't you use Gumball's?
- Gumball: [spits the food out] What?! Me?
- Carrie: [impressed] Really? You would do that for me?
- Darwin: Sure! Gumball's always there for a friend in need.
- Gumball: I am?
- Carrie: Great! Thanks!
- Gumball: No, wait! [Carrie possesses his body]
- Gumball: [possessed by Carrie] I can breathe! [grabs food] I can feel! I can eat! [eats] Nom, nom! [grabs Darwin's face] I need more! [throws Darwin on the floor, walks through the cafeteria, making all the students scared, leaves the cafeteria, someone screams behind the door.]
- Darwin: [satisfied] Another happy ending!
1st Eating Rampage
- [Carrie in Gumball's body runs to "Joyful Burger", throws money to Larry, eats all the food, grabs a burger, takes a pickle out from the burger before eating it. Then she runs to the dumpster, takes a turkey leg from The Hobo, eats all the hot dogs from the Pantsbully's hot dog cart. Then Doughnut Sheriff arrives and Carrie bites him.]
- Doughnut Sheriff: [into his walkie-talkie] We've got a man down! We've got a man down!
- [Carrie, inside Gumball's body, runs away and the scene disappears in black]
- [Gumball wakes up on the sidewalk, in front of his house, confused, surrounded by junk food; Darwin and Richard come to him]
- Richard: There you are! What happened?
- Darwin: It was Carrie! She made Gumball go on a crazy junk food spree.
- Richard: You've got to eat all that food? Awesome!
- Gumball: No, it [gets up from the ground, he's quite fat] wasn't.
- Richard: [laughs at him for being fat] Muffin top! [laughs and then stops, realizing he has the same one too] It's only funny when it's someone else's body! [runs off crying]
- [Gumball and Darwin are sitting at a table, Darwin is eating a sandwich but Gumball isn't eating anything]
- Darwin: [notices that Gumball isn't eating and points at his food]
- Gumball: [crosses his arms] I can't eat a thing after last night. Carrie's got a real problem! She made me eat until I passed out. I can not let that happen again.
- Carrie: Hey, Gumball, [Gumball turns around and looks at Carrie] feel like helping me eat this sandwich?
- Gumball: Ugh, sorry Carrie, I'm not sure I wanna do that again.
- Carrie: [moves the sandwich away from her face] The cafeteria doesn't do refunds, Gumball.
- Gumball: [sighs] Okay, but just for this one single... [the scene suddenly goes to the food rampage and Carrie eating all the food again]
The Street (Again)
- [Gumball appears on the sidewalk again surrounded with food]
- Darwin: Hey, Gumball.
- Gumball: It's happened again, hasn't it?
- Darwin: Yep, but I think I have an idea. [cunning face]
- [They are in the kitchen]
- Darwin: If Carrie likes going inside your body so much, we should make your inside somewhere she won't like.
- Gumball: How?
- Darwin: By drinking this! [Darwin shows his filthy fishbowl water] Dum, dum, dum, dum!
- Gumball: Your rancid fishbowl water?
- Darwin: And the sweaty juice of Tobias's headband [squeezing and twisting Tobias' sweat from his headband], a generous sprinkle of Miss Simian's dandruff [sprinkling the dandruff over the water], fifteen-day old underpants...
- Gumball: What? Where are you gonna get...? [Darwin pulled Gumball's fifteen-day old underpants out from his pants] Oh.
- Darwin: And fizzy fish gas [Darwin burps into his bowl].
- Gumball: It's disgusting.
- Darwin: It's ghost-proof.
- Gumball: [drinks a little as it tastes awful] Finished?
- Darwin: Come on, Gumball. You've got to drink it all. [Gumball drinks it slowly, Darwin helps him] Nearly there, buddy!
- Gumball: [looks terrible]
- Darwin: Now close your eyes and open wide, here comes dessert! [Gumball opens his mouth, expecting another disgusting thing, then hears Darwin's champing. He opens his eyes and sees that it's really a dessert of ice cream] This is so good...
- Gumball: [sighs]
- Gumball: Hi, Leslie [blows a stinky breath to Leslie, who gets disgusted by his breath and withers]
- Gumball: How're you doing, Bobert? [Gumball does the same thing to Bobert and Alan. Bobert malfunctions and Alan deflates completely]
- Gumball: [Gumball does it to Sussie three times] Hey, Sussie, how's your hot chocolate? [Sussie vomits the hot chocolate].
- Carrie: Hey, Gumball. [smells Gumball's breath] Oh! That smell!
- Gumball: I know, [blows his stinky breath to Carrie] horrible, isn't it? [Carrie shakes her head up and down saying yes]
- Carrie: [in a seductive voice] Mmmm! I love it, smells like the undead, makes me [flips her hair] hungry! [grins]
- Gumball: [sighs]
- [The same music from the rampages starts playing]
- [Richard is sitting on the sofa, eating popcorn and watching TV. Gumball, looking much fatter than the last time, approaches the sofa]
- Richard: Hey, son! What's up?
- Gumball: What do you [crawls onto the sofa] do when someone asks you for something, [tries to sit up straight] and you don't wanna do it?
- Richard: Well, people ask me to do things all the time, but do you ever see me doing anything?
- Gumball: Not really.
- Richard: Exactly! Son, it's time I taught you about, "weaseling".
- Gumball: "Weaseling"?
- Richard: Allow me to demonstrate. Ask me for something.
- Gumball: Okay. Can you tell me how to stop Carrie from using my body?
- Richard: Well, I'd love to, but I have to go and take the meatloaf that I've been baking out of the oven. [Richard runs to the backyard and jumps over the fence] End of lesson!
- Gumball: Well, I'd love to, Carrie, but unfortunately, I have to go check on my meatloaf.
- Carrie: Your meatloaf?
- Gumball: Yeah, I left it in my locker.
- Carrie: You mean this locker? [slams Gumball's locker with her elbow]
- Gumball: Ugh, no, my, my gym locker [points to Carrie to show that he has a gym locker].
- Carrie: You don't have a gym locker.
- Gumball: Yes! I meant... Jim's locker.
- Carrie: Who's Jim?
- Gumball: He's, uh, my doctor...?
- Carrie: You mean, your meatloaf is in your doctor's locker, here at school?
- Gumball: Yeah, It's because we're having thanksgiving here and... Oh, whatever, you can have my body.
- [Nicole is in the kitchen doing the dishes, Gumball appears in front of the kitchen window, creating a shadow]
- Gumball: Mum! I think I might be putting on weight...
- Nicole: Oh, no. It's just baby fat, dear... Come on inside, we'll have a chat.
- [Gumball enters the kitchen rolling like a ball]
- Nicole: Oh! Perhaps you have gained a little.
- Gumball: I know! It's Carrie! I don't know how to get her to stop.
- Nicole: [points to the living room] Go and sit down, honey. We need to talk.
- [Gumball leaves the kitchen rolling]
The Living Room
- [Gumball and Nicole are sitting on the sofa]
- Nicole: So, have you actually tried saying "NO" to Carrie?
- Gumball: Hum? No! [slaps himself] Why didn't I think of that?
- Nicole: But, when you say "NO", you have to mean it. Let me show you: Richard, can you come here please?
- Richard: [just woken up from his nap in the backyard] Yeah?
- Nicole: Could you get me the bowl of sausages from the kitchen, dear?
- Richard: Oh! [excited and running to the kitchen to get the bowl of sausages, brings it] Can I have one?
- Nicole: No. You'll have to wait. [places the sausage on Richard's nose, he looks disappointed] Now, once you've made your position clear, you have to...
- Richard: Can I have it now?
- Nicole: No! [to Gumball] You have to stand firm and make sure you never...
- Richard: [desperate] What about now?
- Nicole: NO! That would be a bad Richard, wouldn't it? [to Gumball] What I'm trying to say is: just say "NO" and mean it.
- Gumball: Awesome. So, can I have a sausage?
- Nicole: [gets up of the couch] No, we're putting you on a diet. [eats a sausage and leaves]
- [The bell rings, Gumball and Darwin are walking along a corridor]
- Darwin: Careful, Gumball! Carrie may be hanging around!
- Gumball: Don't worry, this time, I know what I'm doing.
- Carrie: Hey, Gumball, can I borrow your...?
- Gumball: No!
- Carrie: [shocked] "No"? What do you mean "no"?
- Gumball: I mean you can't use my body anymore! [Darwin nods]
- Carrie: But, you don't know what it's like. [begging] Please, Gumball!
- Gumball: No, Carrie, you can not borrow my body.
- Carrie: Then, then, [demonic voice and face] I'LL TAKE IT! [flies to Gumball and enters straight into his mouth, possessing him]
- Darwin: [screams and goes running]
- [possessed Gumball leaves looking for food]
- Gumball: Carrie, get out of my body!
- Carrie: It's no use resisting, Gumball!
Gumball VS Carrie
- [The possessed Gumball goes into the cafeteria, everyone looks at him]
- Gumball: Everyone, run! Your lunch is in danger! FOOD! [Carrie makes him climb the wall and crawl on the ceiling]
- Anton: [is about to eat a sandwich, Gumball's spittle falls on it] Hey! [Gumball's head rotates 180º, grabs the sandwich with his tongue and eats it; Anton screams terrified]
- [The possessed Gumball starts eating every single piece of food he finds]
- Gumball: Stop it! You're freaking our friends out! [Carrie slaps him against the table]
- Carrie: Don't care, must eat!
- Gumball: Ok, you asked for this!
- [They fight]
- Carrie: You shouldn't've done that!
- Gumball: You're crazy! [Carrie makes him to slap himself, Gumball grabs his hand stopping this, then Carrie makes him to kick himself] Cut that out or I'll tell... [Carrie makes him to grab himself by his nose and slaps him against another table, Carrie tries to eat a sausage with a fork but Gumball stops her with another one, then they fight with the forks. Gumball is about to win the fork battle, but finally fails and Carrie throws Gumball's fork away]
- Carrie: Stand down, Gumball!
- Gumball: NEVER! [throws salt to Carrie's eyes]
- Carrie: Ah! My eyes! [jumps to the trays of food and eats all the food] [to Rocky] Give me more food!
- Rocky: You ate it all. You can lick the ladle if you like.
- Carrie: [jumps onto Rocky]
- Rocky: Ah! GET OFF ME!
- [Everyone is looking at Gumball, that, apparently, is fighting against himself]
- Carrie: What are you looking at?!
- [They leave scared]
- Gumball: [Carrie is bending his arm] Ow! That doesn't bend that way. Help me, Darwin! I can't do this on my own! You're gonna have to beat this ghost down for me...
- Darwin: But I'm a "pacifish"
- Gumball: Please, do it for me! I'm your friend! Ahhhh! [Carrie causes Gumball to jump out of the window, eats all the garbage and drinks from the puddle]
- Gumball: [looking at Carrie in the puddle] Carrie, stop doing this! You've got a serious problem.
- Carrie: No I haven't.
- Gumball: You're drinking dumpster water and eating garbage. Look! [shows a bitten flip flop]
- Carrie: What's that?
- Gumball: It's a flip flop, Carrie. A FLIP FLOP!
- Carrie: Eww, maybe I have gone a bit too far...
- Gumball: Ugh, yeah.
- Carrie: [comes out of Gumball's body and flips her hair]
- Gumball: Anyway, listen, Carrie, I was thinking... [Darwin appears and smacks Gumball's head with a garbage can cover]
- Darwin: Spirit begone, spirit begone, spirit begone, Oh, hi, Carrie, spirit begone, spirit... [realizes] Oh...
- Gumball: Ow...
- Carrie: I'm sorry I put you through all that. I guess I'll just go back to my painful food-less eternity [floats sadly away]
- Gumball: No, wait! [straightening his back and Carrie turns to Gumball] I think I know someone who can help.
- [Richard is sitting on the sofa with the sausage still on his nose. Gumball, Darwin, and Carrie enter the house]
- Gumball: Dad, this is Carrie.
- Richard: [muffled] Hey.
- Gumball: Is it OK if she borrows your body for a crazy junk food spree?
- Richard: [muffled voice] I don't understand what that means
- Gumball: That sounded like a "yes" to me [Carrie smiles and enters Richard's body, eats the sausage from Richard's nose]
- Richard: [possessed by Carrie, then eats a sausage that Nicole gave him before] More food [runs to the kitchen]
- Nicole: No, Richard! Richard, no! No, that's a bad Richard! STOP IT, RICHARD, STOP IT!
- Darwin: [satisfied] Another happy ending.
- [episode ends]
The Ghost is the twelfth episode of season one of The Amazing World of Gumball.
Carrie keeps borrowing Gumball's body so she can eat with it.
The episode starts in the School Cafeteria
, on a table with Carrie, Gumball, and Darwin, each with trays of food in front of them. Gumball and Darwin
are loudly and visibly enjoying their food. Carrie is offended by this, explaining that ghosts can't eat or taste. She demonstrates by putting a lump of food in her mouth, only to have it fall through her body and back onto the plate. She wishes she still had a body to use, but, at this point, Darwin tells her that she could use Gumball. Gumball is taken aback by this suggestion but before he could say anything, Carrie had already possessed him. After admiring how she was able to breathe and feel, she finally gobbled the food from Gumball's tray. She was still hungry for more and took off on a wild junk food spree, eating anything she could find. The next morning, Gumball, free of Carrie, was found underneath a pile of leftover food. Richard
found him pugdy and laughes at him, but realized he was the same as well before crying back home.
Back at school, Gumball lost his appetite, remembering what happened. He finds Carrie with a sandwich she bought from the cafeteria and asks Gumball if she could use his body again (not to mention emphasizing that she could not ask for a refund). Reluctant at first, he agreed for this one small gesture, but soon enough, Carrie's self-indulgence gets the best of her. Gumball finds himself in the same spot, and worst for ware.
Darwin decides to help create a drink from his fishbowl water with Tobias' headband sweat, Miss Simian's dandruff, Gumball's 15-day-old underwear, and Darwin's fish belch. Gumball and Darwin were sure that this disgusting blend would prevent Carrie from possessing Gumball again. At school, however, Carrie is in fact the only one not revolted by the smell. She loved the smell as it reminded her of the undead and made her hungry...
After another possessed eating spree, a fat Gumball asks his dad what he could do. Richard teaches him the skill of weaseling. He asks Gumball what he wanted. When he asked him how to stop Carrie from using his body, he responded that he needed to take some meatloaf out of the oven. Gumball sees him escaping out of the backyard. He figured what to do.
He used the meatloaf excuse on Carrie the next day, saying that he needed to check his locker. When she points it out, he said it was his gym locker. Carrie responds that he doesn't have a gym locker, making him reiterate that it was "Jim the doctor's" locker. He eventually ran out of excuses and gave up.
One more food spree later, he returns home and asks his mom for help. In the living room, Nicole tells him that all he needs to do is say no and mean it. To illustrate, she calls out Richard to bring her a bowl of sausages. When he asked her if he can have one, she says "no" and placed it on his nose. As she leaves the room, Richard is still waiting.
At school the next day, Gumball finally makes his stand and refuses to let Carrie borrow his body. The ghost is shocked to hear this, and after a few pleading attempts to get him to change his mind, Carrie decides to forcefully enter Gumball's body, fully intending to stay there forever. After a moment of binging, Gumball tries to fight back, but he is failing. He begs Darwin to beat Carrie out of him, but the fish points out that he's a "paci-fish". Carrie crashes outside the school and starts pigging out on garbage. At this point, Gumball has finally had enough and points out the ghost's problem to her. Carrie realizes this and finally decides to rid the cat of herself. But a moment later, Darwin arrives walloping Gumball with a trash lid before seeing that he was already free. Seeing Carrie depressed once more, Gumball came up with a solution.
Returning home, he introduced her to his dad, who was still holding the sausage with his nose. Carrie quickly possesses him and chows down on not only the sausage, but the food in the kitchen, with an angry Nicole constantly telling her husband to stop.
[after Carrie possesses Gumball's body and walks away; someone screams off-screen]
Darwin: Another happy ending.
Richard: [to Gumball after Carrie made him eat too much food] Haha! Muffin top! [laughs and then stops, realizing he has them too] It's only funny when it's someone else's body! [runs off crying]
Darwin: I'm a pacifish.
Darwin: Now close your eyes and open wide, here comes dessert!
Richard: Well, people ask me to do things all the time, but do you ever see me doing anything?
Gumball: Not really.
Gumball: [Carrie is bending his arm] Ow, that doesn't bend that way.
Carrie: That is just so insensitive. You know ghosts can't eat! Watching you two at lunchtime makes my afterlife a misery!
Gumball: But Carrie, you like being miserable.
Carrie: That's not the point, I'm hungry.
- The closed captions misinterpret Darwin's "Spirit begone! Spirit begone!" chant as "Scary ghost! Scary ghost!"
- This episode shows that Gumball's locker is small, but in "The Mystery", it is big enough to fit Principal Brown inside.
- This is the second time in the series Richard seen in his underwear.
- When a Carrie-possessed Gumball is clinging to the ceiling and turns his head around, this is a reference to a scene from the movie Trainspotting.
- Carrie's eating rampages are a homage to the music video for Smack My Bitch Up by The Prodigy.
- During the weaseling lesson, the popcorn on Richard's lap disappears.
- When Darwin eats his sundae, Gumball's right ear goes missing.
- When Carrie says that ghosts can't eat, her food is brown, but when Gumball asks to eat it, it turns green.
- When Gumball is shown fat, the button on his pants expands, as if it were made of cloth. In The Laziest it is shown to be a regular button.