It is not a unique vehicle to the Fitzgeralds, as the model provides a frequently-used stand in for scenes requiring vehicles, possibly due to limitations in the show's animation.
The Fitzgeralds' Car is black in colouration and is adorned with a red trim on the sides.
- The car resembles the 1983–1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria.
- The interior is also based on the same car, with minor differences such as round gauges.
- The front bumper is loosely based on the 1980–1990 Chevrolet Caprice Classic.
- In "The Knights," the car is revealed to have a driver's airbag installed, although the use of airbags in cars did not become widespread until the 1990s.
- The model seen driven by characters from Season 2-onward replaces another sedan from early Season 1 episodes, an LTD Crown Victoria featuring a thinner grille, more exposed chrome, and a rear end inspired by the 3rd generation Dodge Monaco. It has made sporadic appearancences since.
- The different colors of the car include black, blue, gold, khaki, red and wine red with white vinyl top.
- There is also a police car variant.
- The front and rear license plates read "X23 TU", and is shared among all the sedans of the same model.