To edit the transcript, click here
You're being bullied
- [Gumball, Darwin, Anais and Richard are sitting on the couch watching a thumbwrestling game on TV]
- Anais: [turns around and notices Gumball with lasagna all over his face] Huh? Are you OK?
- Gumball: Yep! School was awesome! shows flashback I was hanging out with Tina! She taught me how to donate to charity! [shows Tina holding Gumball upside down, shaking out his spare change]
- Gumball: Who is this for, again?
- Tina: Me!
- Gumball: [narrating] Then, she helped me "tear" through my homework. [shows Tina tearing Gumball's homework, and a "F" pops up on it] And finally, we had lunch together!
- Gumball: Hmmm, what should I try first? [Tina pushes Gumball's face into the lasagna] Mmmm! Lasagna!
- Gumball: It was great! [Anais stares un-approvingly at him] What?
- Anais: I think you're being bullied.
- Gumball: Nah, we're just having fun.
- Anais: Hmmm... Nope, you're definitely getting bullied.
- Gumball: Ah! What am I gonna do?
- Anais: Don't worry, bro, I'll take care of this for you. [pulls out a large cell phone, and calls Tina] Hey Tina, you've been picking on my brother, and I think it's time, you guys, talk about this face to face!
- [Tina roaring can be heard over the phone]
- Anais: Tommorrow?
- Tina: [roars]
- Anais: 4:00 pm?!
- Tina: [roars]
- Anais: Behind the school?! [Tina roars again] No, wait, that's not what I meant! [phone buzzes] Oopsies!
- Gumball: Well?
- Anais: It looks like your face to face turned into more of a... face to fist...
- Gumball: What the... What?!
- Anais: I think she wants to have a fight with you...
- [Wrestling bell rings]
- Richard: Come on son, It's time I showed you how to deal with bullies.
The Bunny Hop
- [Gumball and Richard are at the backyard]
- Richard: There's a day in every man's life where he has to stand up for himself! But that's okay, 'cause daddy's here to teach you an old technique that got me out of trouble many times.
- Gumball: Ooooh, a secret fighting technique? [shining eyes]
- Richard: Yes, it's called The Bunny Hop! [wrestling bell rings again] But remember, you must never use it in anger!
- Gumball: I promise, father.
- Richard: Alright, you be the bully.
- Gumball: Okay.
- Richard: Come on, don't be shy, go on and take my lunch money! [Gumball makes a tiny step, Richard freaks out] DON'T HURT ME, DON'T HURT MY FACE, HERE'S MY LUNCH MONEY, AND MY LUNCH, PLEASE TAKE IT, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! That was step one, and here comes the Bunny Hop! [freaks out again, jumps around, and hits the fence; Darwin and Anais came to see what happened]
- Gumball: Well, that wasn't much help.
- Anais: You're right, I think you need help from a real adult.
Mr. Small's office
- Mister Small: School counselor, pretty scary title, huh? But don't you worry, think of me as a friend, a companion, a fellow pilgrim, on a mad journey we call... life! So tell me, what's shaking?
- Gumball: Oh, I'm fine! [smiles]
- Anais: No, he's not! He's being bullied!
- Mister Small: Oh, the big "B"... You know, more often than that, conversation beats confrontation. Hands down, lets meditate on this.
- Gumball and Mister Small: Ommmmm... Ommmmmm...
- Mister Small: So tell me, who's bullying you?
- Gumball and Anais: Tina Rex.
- Mister Small: TINA REX?! [all of his colours fall off of his body, throws Gumball and Anais out of his office] DON'T TELL HER YOU SAW ME!
- Anais: Well, that wasn't much help.
- Tobias: No way! Gumball's gonna fight Tina?
- Idaho: She's gonna mash him!
- Anton: He's toast!
- Banana Joe: She's gonna skin him alive!
- Tobias: This will be the greatest fight eveeer!
- Gumball: [whispering] This is getting out of hand.
- Anais: Don't worry, I'll fix this. [to everybody] Come on, what is wrong with you, guys? How many of you've being bullied by Tina? [Gumball's schoolmates mumble confused and raise their hands] Don't you realize we could all join forces and we can stand up to Tina once and for all? [Gumball's classmates mumble again, cheery music in the background] And no student will ever be bullied again!
- Everybody: Yeah!
- Anais: And also stop global warming!
- Everybody: Yeah!
- Anais: And bring peace to the world!
- Everybody: Yeah!
- Anais: And build schools for the dolphins and the rain forests so they can cure baldness!
- Everybody: Yeah!
- Gumball: Uh, Anais?
- Anais: [everyone carries her away] Sorry Gumball, the power's gone to my head! See ya!
- Darwin: There you are!
- Gumball: [screams] DARWIN! You're supposed to be here when your best friend up to get banged by... [Darwin covers his mouth]
- Darwin: Shhh! Just follow me!
The School Gym
- [Darwin turns the lights on]
- Darwin: Behold, the Super Bully Protecting Suit of Power! [echoes, Darwin shows it to Gumball]
- Gumball: WHOAAAAH! [the arm on the suit falls off] I LOVE IT!
- Darwin: [puts the suit on Gumball, buzzes] Lookin' good. Now check this out! It's got bouncing rubber pants and has a MP3 player as standard! [turns the MP3 player on, Gumball and Darwin dance] And that's not all: this string here operates the Super Counter Attack Device. [Gumball tries to use it] No, wait! You only got one shot, so you must wait for the right moment.
- Gumball: Okay.
- Darwin: And last, but not least: the tassels!
- Gumball: What do these do?
- Darwin: Move your arm around. [Gumball does it]
- Gumball and Darwin: Oooooh, tassels!
- Darwin: Ok, time to put it to the test! Ready?
- Gumball: Ok!
- [Darwin hits Gumball with a hockey stick]
- Darwin: Can you feel anything yet?
- Gumball: NOOO!
- Darwin: Ok, I'll keep going.
- Gumball: [tries to stop Darwin, who finally stops; Gumball pulls the "Super Counter Attack Device", it's confetti]
- Darwin: What did it feel like?
- Gumball: [gibbers]
- Darwin: What?
- Gumball: [puts off the helmet of the suit, he's hurt] Like I'm being hit with a stick! [throws the helmet away] That wasn't much help...
- Darwin: That's Ok! We could rebuild it, better, faster, stronger! Lets get to work!
- [Ring bell sounds]
- Darwin: Oh! Too late.
- Gumball: You know what? Maybe it won't be so bad. I'll just meet Tina in quite calmed atmosphere and talk things like civilized people.
- Gumball and Darwin: Yeah!
- Gumball: This is a great idea!
- [Gumball and Darwin are at the schoolyard in the middle of a crowd that are cheering Gumball by shouting "Fight"]
- Gumball: This, is a terrible idea.
- Miss Simian: What's going on here? [everyone stops] I'll have no fighting on my watch. Oh, Gumball Watterson. I might have known!
- Gumball: Ahh, thank you Miss Simian! Uhh, I was gonna fight a T-Rex. Please, send me to detention!
- Miss Simian: Well, I suppose I could... after my coffee break!
- Gumball: But Miss Simian! Tina's gonna
- Miss Simian: [Stops Gumball] Coffee. Break? [Slurps on coffee and walks away]
- Gumball: But Miss Simian, you're my last hope! Please! [Crys]
- [Gumball's classmates continue to shout "Fight". Tina then stomps onto the schoolyard.]
- Tina: Where's Gumball?!
- Everyone but Gumball: Here! [Runs away]
- Gumball: What am I gonna do, what am I gonna do? [Frightened]
- Richard: [Echoed] Use The Bunny Hop, son. Son. Son [Back to normal] Son. Son. Son.
- Gumball: Dad? What are you doing here?
- Richard: Well, I wasn't gonna miss the big fight!
- [Tina roared and both Gumball and Richard are terrified]
- Tina: [Runs after Gumball] Gumball!
- Gumball: Alright! Time to deal with this like a man!
- [Scene changes to the school hall, where Gumball is doing The Bunny Hop, while Tina chases after him]
- Tina: Gumball, STOP RUNNING!
- Juke: [Beatboxing]
- Rocky: Dude, I've no idea what you're saying.
- Gumball: [Cuts across Juke and Rocky] Sorry!
- [Gumball then use a tray and glide through the canteen while Tina is still chasing him. Gumball screams and runs into the school swimming pool. A squid was swimming inside the pool when Tina is chasing Gumball, which the squid then squirt colorful ink. Gumball then comes out of the pool and runs away]
- Tina: [Comes out of the pool] Gumball!
- Gumball: [Runs into the girls' room] [Girls scream] [Gumball comes out of the girls' room] Sorry! [Sees Tina still chasing him] Oh man.
- [Gumball then runs across the girls' room while the girls throw stuffs at him. Gumball climbs out of the window and Tina smashes her out of the room and roars. Gumball then enter another part of the hall and then use stuffs to block the door and runs away. Tina, however, smashes through the door and continues to chase after Gumball]
- Banana Joe: Ha ha, scaredycat!
- [Gumball then stops at Banana Joe, peel off his skin, and toss it to Tina, which she then slipped on it and fall onto another side of the hall. Gumball runs away while Banana Joe laughs at her, and then covers his naked self]
- Gumball Mr. Small! Please... let me in!
- Mister Small: [Sees Tina chasing Gumball] TINA! NO!
- Gumball: PLEASE! LET ME IN!
- Mister Small: NO!
- Gumball: MR. SMALL!
- Mister Small: GO AWAY!
- [Gumball rushes to the door of Mr. Small's door. However the door is closed and Gumball's face hits the door as the scene goes black]
Mom to the Rescue
- [Scene changes to the Wattersons' dining room, where the whole family stares at Gumball during dinner. Gumball is then seen wearing sunglasses while having dinner]
- Nicole: Would you mind removing your glasses when you're at the table?
- Gumball: Err... yes? [Swallows food]
- [Nicole sighs and removes Gumball's sunglasses, revealing that he has got a black eye]
- Nicole: [Gasp] What happened to you?!
- Gumball: I... ran into a door? [Smiles sheepishly]
- Anais: That's not true, he's being bullied!
- [The whole family stares at him. Scene then changes to the highway where Nicole is driving along with Gumball]
- Gumball: Seriously, I did run into a door!
- [Nicole stares at him angrily and accelerates her car. Scene then changes to the junkyard, where Tina lives. Nicole then stomps up to her house]
- Gumball: [Chases after Nicole] Mom, calm down!
- Nicole: I'M PERFECTLY CALM! I just need a word with Mr. Rex, Honeypie!
- Tina: Gumball!
- [Gumball gasps and Nicole stare in anger. Tina then rushes to Gumball]
- Nicole: SIT!
- Tina: [Stops and sits]
- Nicole: You guys, make up!
- [Nicole then opens up the doors of Mr. Rex's house]
- Nicole: Mr. Rex.
- [Mr. Rex stares at Nicole]
- Nicole: Hi Mr. Rex! We need to talk about your daughter.
- [Mr. Rex roars at Nicole]
- Nicole: So it's gonna be like that, is it? [Push up her sleeves and stomps into Mr. Rex's house] Well that's fine by me! [Slams the doors shut]
- [Scene changes to where Gumball and Tina are making up]
- Gumball: Your dad is pretty scary.
- Tina: So is your mom.
- Gumball: Err, Tina, is it true that you're bullying me?
- Tina: What? No. I thought we were just having fun.
- Gumball: So, why were you chasing me?
- Tina: I only wanted to speak to you, but you ran away!
- [Scene changes to Mr. Rex's house as it is being thrashed by Nicole. Scene quickly changes back to where Gumball and Tina is]
- Tina: Everyone thinks I'm a brute... just like my dad. BUT I'M NOT! [Kicks scrap car away]
- Gumball: I don't think you are a brute!
- Tina: Really?
- Gumball: Of course! You're just a dangerous friend with a terrifying amount of strength.
- Tina: Thanks!
- Gumball: Come on, gimme five! [Sees Tina's small arms] Oh. Err, how about a friend hug? [Tina hugs and crushes Gumball] Oww! Too... friendly!
- [Scene changes back at Mr. Rex's house, completely thrashed by Nicole]
- Nicole: [Stomps out of Mr. Rex's house] Well, I'm glad we've finally reached to an agreement. Goodbye Mr. Rex!
- [Nicole walks away, while Mr. Rex's house falls apart]
- [Scene changes to Elmore Junior High as the bell rings. Scene changes to the school canteen]
- Anais: So everything is okay between you and Tina?
- Gumball: Yup! [Tina then slams his face onto his food tray] [Licks his food on his face]: Everything is just fine. [Thumbs up]
- [Episode ends]
- [End of Season 1]
The Fight is the thirty-sixth episode and season finale of season one of The Amazing World of Gumball.
When Tina starts bullying Gumball, she demands to have a fight with him after school.
The episode begins with Richard
, and Gumball
sitting on the couch watching television. Anais notices that her brother smells odd and is covered in cheese, so she asks him about it. Gumball then tells her all about his fun day with Tina
, where she held him upside-down in order to take his lunch money, tore his homework to shreds, and shoved his face into his lunch.
Anais tells Gumball that he is being bullied, so she calls Tina and threatens her to quit picking on him. However, Tina misunderstands her and believes that she is challenging Gumball to fight her, so she schedules a fight between her and Gumball after school the next day. Gumball is horrified at the thought, so Richard decides to take him out back and share an old fighting technique of his with him; The Bunny Hop.
Richard attempts to demonstrate the Bunny Hop to his son by asking him to pretend to be a bully for him. As part of his demonstration, Richard curls up into a ball and throws his lunch money and his lunch at Gumball. For the second phase of the Bunny Hop, Richard hops around making an odd noise with his mouth, before running into a wall and passing out. Anais recommends that Gumball should seek help from a real adult instead.
The next day, Gumball and Anais visit Mr. Small's office for assistance with Gumball's bullying problem. They attempt to explain the issue to him, but as soon as they mention Tina Rex all the colour is drained from Mr. Small and he shoves them out the door and informs them not to mention that they saw him.
Outside, Tobias and some other kids are discussing the upcoming fight between Tina and Gumball and declaring it to be the best fight ever. Anais disproves of this behaviour and tries to convince the others that bullying is wrong, but she soon gets carried away (literally) and is unable to assist Gumball.
Just as Anais leaves, Darwin comes up to Gumball and tells him to come to the School Gym with him. Inside the gym, Darwin shows his brother a specially designed bully-proof suit of armour (which is really just a suit of cardboard boxes and an upside-down trash can). When Darwin decides to show off the suit's defensive abilities with a baseball bat, they prove to be quite lacklustre and the suit is destroyed.
Gumball then tries to build self-confidence and convince himself that the fight will not be so bad, but he is soon proven wrong as his entire class will be watching him fight in the Schoolyard. Tina soon shows up, and the whole class runs away, leaving Gumball defenseless against her.
She immediately begins to chase after him, so he runs through the entire school while she chases him. In one of the hallways, Gumball sees Mr. Small in the doorway of his office in the distance, and tells him to let him in. However, Mr. Small is still terrified of Tina, so he refuses and runs into his room, making Gumball run into his door.
Later that night, Gumball comes home with a black eye. Nicole asks where it came from, and Anais informs her that he has been being bullied by Tina. Nicole is instantly furious and she drives off to the Junkyard with her son to sort things out.
As soon as they enter the place, Tina sees Gumball and immediately starts to run towards him, but Nicole stops her and forces them both to make up while she speaks with Tina's father. Nicole attempts to reason with him, but is incapable of doing so because Tina's father seems to not like reasoning, forcing Nicole to have to resort to physical means.
Elsewhere, Gumball remarks to Tina that her father seems pretty scary, and Tina says that Gumball's mother does as well. Gumball asks Tina if she was really bullying him, but she is shocked and tells him that she was just having fun. Gumball is relieved, and they both embrace in a friendly hug. The next day, Tina shoves Gumball face-first into his lunch again, but Gumball does not mind saying "Everything's just fine".
- This was the last episode of Season 1 to air in the US.
- It was revealed that Mr. Small is deathly afraid of Tina in this episode.
- When Anais ask students about Tina, Alan raises his arm, but in the episode "The Mystery", he did not.
- Some of the students Gumball slips under in the cafeteria have never appeared elsewhere in the show.
- This episode has reused animation from "The Spoon".
- This was the second episode in which Gumball meows. The first one is "The Picnic".
- The scene where Darwin puts a helmet on Gumball is a reference to Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, where Darth Vader's helmet is put on in a similar manner.
- Darwin's line, "Better! Faster! Stronger!" is a reference to the TV series The Six Million Dollar Man. In it, the narrator states that the titular character has been rebuilt to be "Better...stronger...faster".
- In Fusion Fall, one of nano Gumball's moves is "The Bunny Hop," which is the technique Richard showed Gumball in this episode.
- Gumball wears sunglasses to hide his black eye, just like Daniel did in The Karate Kid.
- When Anais says "Huh?" at the beginning of the episode, her mouth doesn't move.
- During the flashback when Gumball hits the table and swallows his food, his whiskers disappear.
- One of Mr. Small's fingers is transparent in one scene.
- When Gumball takes off Banana Joe's skin, it is still seen on him for a split second.
- When Nicole is driving along with Gumball, one of the stars in the sky can been seen slightly overlapping a lightpost for a split second.
- When Miss Simian interrupts the chanting of the school kids before the fight, one of Banana Joe's eyes can be seen floating underneath Penny for a second.