To edit the transcript, click here
In the Morning
- Anais: [impatient, in front of the door] Gumball, Darwin! C'mon, we're gonna be late for school!
- Gumball: [on the second floor] Be there in a second.
- [Gumball and Darwin are on the top of the house stairs, Gumball is naked and both of them are covered with ice cubes]
- Gumball: [excited] Ok. By my calculations, these ice cubes will allow us to glide down stairs at almost the speed of light! Go!
- [They "glide" down the stairs, both get hurt]
- Gumball: Awesome!...
- [Both go to the door with Anais]
- Gumball: Ready!
- Anais: You can't go to school like that! You're naked!
- Gumball: [shrugs] But I can't find my clothes.
In the Garden
- [Scenes changes to the back garden. Richard is sleeping on the grass]
- Gumball: Dad!
- Richard: [startled awake] Morning, son!
- Gumball: Why are you sleeping in the garden?
- Richard: Because I've been up all night doing the laundry, just like your mother asked me to.
- [Flashback to Nicole and Richard]
- Nicole: Whatever you do, don't do the laundry.
- Richard: [salutes] Aye, aye, captain!
- [Back to the present]
- Gumball: Great! Can I have my clothes?
- Richard: Of course. [grabs Gumball's pants and sweater off the line. They've shrunk enough to fit in the palms of his hands] Here you go!
- Gumball: They're so tiny.
- Richard: [rubbing his face against them] And so clean.
- Gumball: [has squeezed into the tiny clothes] Kinda tight, too. [He takes one step, and the clothes immediately tear off him, leaving him naked again.]
- Richard: [Quickly grabs Gumball and sticks him in his shirt] Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa,whoa, whoa... whoa! You know how your mom feels about public nudity!
Only Outfit Left
- [Gumball is wearing a Daisy Flakes box; Richard is on a stool picking something from the top of a wardrobe]
- Richard: Not to worry. I’ve got just the thing!
- [Gumball calmly munches flakes from the box he is wearing]
- Richard: [The stool turns over and Richard is forced to hang on the wardrobe] Oh. Here you go!
- Gumball: What? Mom’s wedding dress? I can’t wear that!
- Richard: But everything else is in the wash!
- Gumball: I’d rather go naked!
- Richard: But if you do, your mother will know I’m a terrible father-slash-husband! Please son! [puppy eyes] Do this for your own dad! [drops a tear]
- Gumball: [gives in] Okay, I’ll wear the dress...
- Richard: Thanks son!
- Gumball: I can’t believe this!
- Richard: I can’t believe this wardrobe’s still standing... [The wardrobe starts trembling] Ohhh!! Here we go!
- [The wardrobe door opens and throws Richard out of the house window]
Waiting for the School Bus
- [Gumball comes out from behind a fire hydrant he has been hiding out to be unnoticed]
- Anais: [notices Gumball wearing the dress] Gumball! [Gumball shrieks nervously] What are you wearing?
- Gumball: Shhh!!! Dad ruined all my clothes and made me wear that stupid dress! I can not let anyone recognize me.
- [Tina, Penny and other students approach the bus stop]
- Tina: Who are you?
- Gumball: [observing his surroundings trying to come up with a fake name] Um... Ahhh... My name is... Quick! Think the name... Think the name... Gum, ball-- Oops! Uh... Egg... Wobble-- Underpants!
- [Anais facepalms]
- Penny: Is that a foreign name?
- Gumball: Yes! Yes! I’m... uh... from... uh... Europe!
- Tina: Where in Europe?
- Gumball: [observing his surroundings again trying to construct the name of the place in the same manner] Uh... Gum... Bald... No! Um... Wig! ...Battleaxe? ...Ninja!
- [The school bus arrives and everyone gets into it. Anais for unknown reason stays at the bus stop. Darwin, who stayed too, comes up.]
- Anais: Can you believe that, Darwin?
- [Darwin notices a big pink button on the ground and stares at it in amazement]
- Anais: Darwin?
- Darwin: She dropped her button... [picks up the button and skips down the road]
- Anais: Oh, boy.
- [The bell rings; the scene cuts to Mrs. Simian's class]
- Miss Simian: Ok, Ok. Settle down and take out your math homework.
- [They take out their homework, except Gumball and Darwin, who is drawing Gumball in the dress like a french girl.]
- Gumball: Tss. I forgot to do my homework. Can I copy yours?
- [Darwin's eyes become heart-shaped]
- Alan: You can copy mine.
- Leslie: No, mine!
- Bobert: How about mine?
- Miss Simian: [referring to Gumball] Well, well, well. You are not trying to cheat, are you Gum...? [perplexed] Who are you?
- Gumball: [sweating] I'm... a... I'm...
- Banana Joe: [raises his hand] That's GumBallOopsEggWobbleUnderpants!
- Anton: From GumBaldNoWigBattleaxeNinja!
- Penny: [raises her hand] That's in Europe!
- [The whole class starts talking]
- Miss Simian: Quiet! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! [stares at Gumball, notices the fabulous dress] But you're wearing a beautiful dress, so it must be true. [comforts Gumball] Why don't you sit there and look pretty? [goes to the front of the class] While the rest of us get on with class!
- [The whole class sighs]
- Gumball: [confused] What just happened?
- [The bell rings, class is over, Darwin leaves the classroom quickly]
- Darwin: [dancing, excited] Woohoo! I'm so happy! [runs up to Anais, who is at her locker, and grabs her face] Anais! The most wonderful, incredible, amazing thing has happened!
- Anais: What?
- Darwin: [face turns pink] I'm in looove! She's the most beautiful, most wonderful, most amazing, most wonderful, most... Ohhhh! [hides behind Anais] Here she comes!
- [Gumball appears walking haughtily, the whole class is surrounding him.]
- Masami: Can I sit next to you?
- [There's a puddle a few steps ahead.]
- Banana Joe: [stops everyone] Stop! There's a puddle! We can't let you walk through that! [takes his peel off, and puts it on the puddle] Let me help...
- Masami: No! [makes a little demonstration] Let my fly you over...
- Clayton: I could build you a bridge...
- Tina: [steps on Clayton] No! Let me carry you in my mouth! [opens her mouth, it can be seen that her breath stinks]
- Gumball: Uh... I can just walk around... Like this [does it while saying it]
- Tina: Oh! She's so clever...
- Penny: So independent!
- Masami: What a free thinker!
- [The whole class goes away]
- Gumball: [confused] What was all that about?
- Anais: It's the dress.
- Gumball: What?
- Anais: They think you're a beautiful girl. People'll do anything for a beautiful girl! Anything!
- Gumball: [realizes the situation, smiles, goes to Anais' locker to look at the mirror] You're right! I am beautiful! [closes the locker, that reveals Darwin hiding behind the locker door. He stands there impressed and holds a camera] You really go once for a genius, sis!
- Darwin: [takes a photo, looks at it: it's Gumball's back] [whispering] She will be mine! [sticks the picture to his face and leaves quickly]
- Gumball: [confused] That was weird... [shrugs] Oh, well! Today is gonna be awesome!
- [We see Gumball's day while Fine Lady is playing: first Gumball goes to the cafeteria and they give him roast-beef while the rest get meat stew, then the whole class is going to have a race at the P.E. class and they help him to win. Darwin catches a towel with which Gumball has wiped his forehead and squeezes his sweat from it, then stores that drop of sweat in a heart-shaped necklace]
- [The class carries him to the hallway where Anais stands at her locker again]
- Gumball: Thanks, guys!
- Tobias: Yeah, no problem!
- Bobert: Any time!
- [The class leaves]
- Anais: Gumball, what's going on?
- Gumball: It's just like you said! Only long people have been bending over backwards for me!
- Mister Small: [literally bended over backwards] Hey, new girl! How's it going?
- Gumball: [sighs] I love being beautiful! You should give it a try!
- Anais: [with a "are you kidding me" face] Darwin asked me to give you this... [gives a note]
- Gumball: [reads the note; it has hearts, flowers and a rainbow drawn on it] "Meet me at the stomach destroyer roller coaster at 6PM". Then he put three "X"s, to show how extreme it will be!
- Anais: [worried] It's a love letter! He thinks you're a girl... [Gumball quiets her]
- Gumball: You'll give yourself worried lines with all that nagging. And you'll never be beautiful, like me! [smiles proudly]
The Roller Coaster
- [Gumball gets into a car]
- Darwin: [appears in the car shyly] She came, she actually came! [is gonna touch Gumball]
- Gumball: Hey, you ready, Darwin?
- Darwin: [sweaty and amazed] She knows my name!
- [The ride starts]
- Gumball: This is gonna be awesome! [excited while the car is going up a looping] Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait...!
- Darwin: [doubts] I know this is kinda sudden, and I hope you won't think I'm a fool.
- Gumball: Yeah, this is really cool!
- Darwin: But, who am I to deny fate?
- Gumball: I know! This is gonna be great!
- Darwin: What I really mean is...
- [The car arrives to the top, it goes slowly]
- Gumball: What?
- Darwin: [whispering] I love you.
- [The car goes down quickly, Gumball shouts being terrified of Darwin's words]
- [Anais is holding a photo of Darwin trying to kiss Gumball at the roller coaster]
- Anais: So, now you see the real price of beauty.
- Gumball: [holding a pillow] Ah, he really thinks I'm a girl and he thinks he love me! [cover his head with the pillow]
- Anais: You'll just have to tell him the truth, won't you, beautiful?
- Gumball: [completely under the pillow] I can't do that! He'll be heartbroken! Besides, he might tell everyone about the dress and I'll lose my powers! [gets up on the couch, still with the pillow on his head] But, maybe if I keep up that, then in a few years Darwin will move on and meet another girl! [smiles]
- Anais: And if he doesn't?
- [Gumball imagines what would happen: Gumball is ironing clothes surrounded by kids that look like Gumball and Darwin]
- Darwin: [opens the door] I WANT MORE KIDS!
- [Gumball cries, both in his imagination and in reality]
- Richard: [is sitting on the couch] Hum? Who's your pretty friend, Anais?
- Gumball: It's me, dad...
- Richard: Hello, "It's-me-dad"! Is she foreign?
- Anais: [facepalms]
The darling of Elmore High leaves
- [Gumball, Anais and the whole class are at the bus stop]
- Gumball: [holding his arm] Hi, everyone! This is quite difficult for me to say, but what I'm trying to say is... is... [Anais holds a goodbye banner] I'm leaving.
- [Everyone is shocked]
- Penny: But, why?
- Gumball: Because the king of Europe has been kidnapped... [Anais looks at him] and they need my help 'cuz I'm so beautiful?
- [Everyone buys it]
- Anais: You better get on that bus before you blow the whole thing! Have you got the balloon?
- Gumball: [whispering] Check! [takes out a balloon with his face poorly drawn on it] This a great idea of yours. Staging a grand farewell for [strikes a pose] the darling of Elmore High!
- Anais: Remember, this isn't about you!
- Darwin: [out of scene] Hey, everybody!
- Anais: Here he comes! Quick, get on the bus! [Gumball rapidly gets on the bus] [to herself] This plan already reeks of failure.
- [Darwin comes to the rest of the class, whistling]
- Darwin: [with heart-shaped eyes] What a perfect new girlfriend day! Just for having a new girlfriend, don't you think, fellas? [sees the banner] Ah! She is leaving? [his heart-shaped eyes break to pieces]
- Gumball: [inside the bus, sees Darwin's frustration] Well, here it goes.
- [The bus door opens and the balloon with Nicole's dress comes out]
- Gumball: Hello, Darwin!
- Darwin: [kneels] You get more beautiful every time I see you. But why are you leaving?
- Gumball: I'm sorry my love, but Europe needs me.
- Darwin: Then take me with you! A love this special only comes around once in a lifetime. We must nurture it, take care of it, let it grow and blossom like a... a... a...
- Idaho: A potato?
- Darwin: A potato!
- Gumball: You are a true poet, my love. And although we'll never see each other again, my heart and all my other internal organs will always belong to you.
- Rocky: All aboard!
- Gumball: Uhh, I have to go now. Bus is leaving, bye!
- [Gumball opens one of the windows on the other side of the bus, then jumps out naked]
- Gumball: Nggh... Ow!
- [The bus door closes, cutting off the string of the balloon with the dress from the bus, then Darwin and the others watch it fly up. Then the bus leaves.]
- Gumball: Uh oh.
- Darwin: [still looking up at the balloon, gasping] She's an angel...
- [The balloon flies up towards the Sun]
- Penny: Look out for the Sun!
- [Everyone tries to tell the balloon to evade the Sun...]
- Everybody: Go left! Go left!
- [...but it doesn't and explodes.]
- Everybody: Oh!
- Darwin: NOOOOOOO! [cries] Why? WHY?
- Anais: Gumball, go to him.
- Gumball: [comforting him] I'm so sorry, Darwin. She was really special. [The balloon falls in his hands, he throws it away] But think of it this way, it's better to have loved, and watched that love be burned before your very eyes, than to have never loved at all. So, why don't you and me head home, cover ourselves in ice cubes and jump from the biggest top of stairs we can find. What do you say, buddy?
- Darwin: [cheers a bit] Okay...
- Gumball: Woo hoo! [the dress falls on a hydrant]
- Darwin: [goes to the hydrant] Excuse me. I know this is a bit sudden, I mean, we hardly know each other, but, I think I love you. [happy] Your silence says a thousand words.
- Gumball: I guess some people just can't help making fools of themselves.
- Tina: Look, there's Gumball!
- Masami: And he's naked!
- [Everyone laughs at him]
- Gumball: AWWW! DON'T MOCK ME! [sobbing] I used to be beautiful. [goes away]
- [Darwin hugs the hydrant as Gumball walks past, episode ends]
| Broadcast number:
| Production Code:
| Cartoon Network US premiere:
|| May 23, 2011
| Cartoon Network UK premiere:
|| September 19, 2011
| Written by:
|| Ben Bocquelet |
| Storyboarded by:
|| Chris Garbutt
| Fine Lady
is the sixth episode of season one of The Amazing World of Gumball
After Richard shrinks Gumball's normal clothes, Gumball is forced to wear Nicole's wedding dress to school.
One morning Gumball wakes up, and decides to cover himself in ice cubes. He tries to glide down the stairs with Darwin
, but they fail and land right in front of Anais
naked. Anais tells Gumball that he cannot go to school naked, so he tries to find his clothes. Gumball soon finds Richard
asleep in the garden. Richard tells Gumball that he was doing the laundry when Nicole
told him not to do so. Gumball's clothes have shrunk and they no longer fit him, forcing Gumball to wear Nicole's wedding dress to school. When Gumball's class sees him outside, they don't recognize him, so he makes up a fake name "GumballOopsEggWobbleUnderpants" and country of origin "GumbaldNoWigBattleAxeNinja." They all believe him and head off to school
When they get to class, Miss Simian falls for the act as well. Gumball is confused. When they all leave class, there is a puddle in the hallway and everyone is offering Gumball a way across as an act of love, but he decides to walk around it to avoid any complications. Still confused, he asks Anais what is going on, and she tells Gumball that anyone will do anything for a beautiful girl, which the students believe he is. Gumball realizes this, and abuses the power in a montage. Darwin is shown to fall in love with Gumball, not knowing it is his brother. Gumball receives a love letter from Darwin, requesting him to meet him on The Stomach Destroyer roller coaster after school. Anais informs Gumball that it is a love letter, but he is ignorant and believes Darwin just wants to hang out with him in a platonic way. He goes on the coaster with Darwin, where Darwin tells Gumball (as a girl) that he loves "her" and tries to kiss her. Gumball comes home terrified, and has a thought of what would happen if Darwin didn't move on and married him. Gumball and Anais come up with a scheme to stop Darwin from loving Gumball and start moving on.
They stage a good bye act for the "Darling of Elmore High" with a bus. When Darwin comes, Gumball hides in the bus and proceeds to attach the dress to a balloon with his face poorly drawn on it. He jumps out of a window on the bus while naked, but the balloon does not go into the bus. Instead, it flies toward the sun and pops. This leaves Darwin sad and crying. Gumball goes and cheers Darwin up. Just when he feels better, Darwin immediately falls in love with a fire hydrant that the dress landed on. Gumball remarks that some people can't help but make fools of themselves, just everyone makes fun of Gumball for being naked. He walks away, humiliated.
Gumball: [observing his surroundings while trying to come up with a fake name after being questioned for his name] "Ahhh, my name is... Quick! Think the name, think the name... Uh... Gum, ball-- Oops! Egg... Wobble-- Underpants!"
Penny: "Is that a foreign name?"
Gumball: "Yes! It's from... uh... Europe!"
Tina: "Where in Europe?"
Gumball: [observing his surroundings again while trying to come up with a fake place to be from] "Uh... um... Gum... Bald...No! Wig! ...Battleaxe? ...Ninja!"
Gumball: [Gumball irons clothes surrounded by kids that look like Gumball and Darwin]
Darwin: [opens the door] "I WANT MORE KIDS!"
Gumball: "AWWW! DON'T MOCK ME! [sobbing] I used to be beautiful."
- Despite the size of Nicole's wedding dress, it somehow fits Gumball perfectly.
- Darwin drew a sketch of Gumball using his left hand, but in later episodes, he is seen drawing with his right hand, hinting that he may be ambidextrous.
- Nicole's wedding dress reappears in Richard's flashback in "The Wand" and in the episode "The Ape".
- This is the first of several times that Gumball is seen naked.
- Before Gumball imagined what would happen if Darwin married him, he had a pillow, but afterwards, the pillow disappeared.
- When Gumball was hiding under the pillow, the pillow was large enough to completely cover him, but when he sat up, it was only about as big as his head.
- Even though the dress does not appear to have any buttons, Darwin claims that a button he found on the ground belonged to it.
- When Gumball and the others walk through the Hallway the puddle appears but after Gumball asks Anais what is going on, the puddle disappears.
- When Gumball walked away with the dress, the stool that Richard used to grab it was still visible. After the close up of Richard , the stool disappears.
- In the beginning of the episode, the picture of Darwin kissing Gumball on The Stomach Destroyer can be seen at the top of the staircase, even though this hadn't happened yet.
- Before Richard starts crying, his mouth is discoloured.
- The clothes from the wash were all of the same size. If all the clothes really shrunk up to size, the socks would be a little bit smaller than his shirt and pants.
- While the class was blowing on Gumball so he would go faster on the rollerskates at the track, Tobias has no arms.
- When Gumball is explaining why he has to go, Anais is holding onto a pole, though in some scenes her hand is infront of the pole.