To edit the transcript, click here
- [The Wattersons' house hallway, morning, Anais, Nicole, Darwin, and Richard are lined up waiting at the bathroom door]
- Nicole: [Anais yanking her clothes] Anais, for the last time, we just can't afford it.
- Anais: But why?
- Nicole: Ugh, Richard, tell your daughter why we cant go to Daisyland.
- Richard: We're going to Daisyland?
- Nicole: No.
- Richard: But why?
- Nicole: Because money doesn't grow on trees, and Daisyland tickets don't just fall from the sky.
- Darwin: But you always say that if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.
- Richard: Ughhghghghggghhh...
- Anais: Dad, what are you doing?
- Richard: [puts hands on head] I'm getting tickets using the power of my mind.
- Anais: That's not gonna-
- Richard: Shh! Ughghhhhgghghghg...
- [Darwin does the same thing as Richard]
- Anais: I hate to break it to you guys, but it's not gonna happen, the world doesn't work like that.
- Nicole: Ahh... Gumball Watterson!!, Get out of this bathroom!!!
- [Bathroom, seconds later, Gumball is in the shower]
- Gumball: It is going to be a wonderful day, because I got in the shower first! La la la la la la la la la- [The shower stops, Gumball takes a look] Huh? [pushes the tiling, causing a clunk, looks right at the shower head, which then continues flowing water] AHHHH! [slips on the soap bar in the shower, rips the shower curtain off, falls out of the tub, and lands in the toilet, the bar of soap landing and flushing him down]
- [The Wattersons', outside, later. Gumball pushes the manhole cover off, and gets out, covered in sewage]
- Gumball: Ahhhhhh...
- [The school bus goes up]
- Darwin: [runs with Anais] Hey, wait for us, wait for us!
- Gumball: [hops on one leg with his pants] Rocky! Ugh, ugh, ugh... [pulls up pants] Wait for me! [jumps up, but gets his finger stuck in bus door] Aw! [Bus goes off, dragging Gumball with it] Uh, Rocky? ROCKY!!
- [School outside, minutes later]
- Gumball: Ow! Ugh! Ugh! Ow! [Bus pulls up, Gumball hits a pole, and his finger stretches, then the finger finally comes out of the door] Aghh. [gets up and dusts himself off] Well, it seems like it's just not my day, but that's ok, because it's nothing a good song wont fix! [singing] When life hands you lemons, you gotta make lemonade... [breathes in, about to sing louder, but is stepped on by Hector]
- [School hallways, later]
- Darwin: [with his hands still on head] Neeeeee...
- Anais: Darwin, stop it already, it's getting embarrassing.
- Gumball: [still on Hector`s feet, being pushed against the floor as Hector walks] Agh! Ow! Ow! [comes off Hector's foot, flat as a pancake, and his clothes are ripped and torn]
- Darwin: Gumball! How's it going?
- Gumball: Ah, is great...EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THIS IS STARTING OUT TO BE THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! [gets up] It's like I'm cursed or something.
- Principal Brown: Watterson! This school has a dress code. These rags are obscene! Get to the Lost and Found, They'll provide you with something more suitable.
- Gumball: But Principal Brown-
- Principal Brown: Uhp!
- Gumball: [Sigh]
The Lost and Found
- Rocky: There you go, much better.
- Gumball: [hands over a pair of swim trunks] You've got to be kidding me.
- Rocky: I'm sorry dude, but this isn't the department store you know.
- Gumball: [whispering] But Rocky, there's gotta be something else.
- Rocky: [rummages through box] You're in luck! [Places a hat on Gumball]
- Gumball: Ughhh! [walks away in anger]
- [School hallways, moments later, some students are talking. As Gumball walks through, all the students look at him. Tobias drops his books and gasps.]
- Banana Joe: Eh, some people think I'm a fruit, but I'm also classified as a herb.
- Idaho: [Gasps]
- [Gumball walks in]
- Banana Joe: Haha, where did you get your clothes, the lost and found? Hahaha!
- Gumball: Well, actually, yes, I did.
- Banana Joe: Uh, where did you get your clothes, the circus? Haha!
- Gumball: Dude, we kinda just went over this already. Lost and found.
- Banana Joe: Where did you get your clothes, the swim shop and the hat shop? Hahaha!
- Gumball: [enraged] UGH! [Principal Brown opens the door] WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR BRAIN FROM? THE DOLLAR STORE?! [sees Principal Brown and is shocked]
- [Banana Joe and Idaho walk away, Gumball smiles at Principal Brown]
- Principal Brown: Seven hours detention, for hurting my feelings.
- Gumball: WHAT? But-
- Principal Brown: [hands over a pink sheet] I'll see you after school.
- Gumball: FINE! OW, PAPERCUT! [starts crying as Principal Brown reenters the room]
- Darwin: Uh, Gumball, are you okay?
- Gumball: Everything`s great, everything's just peachy.
- Darwin: Oh, Okay!
- Gumball: Darwin, don't take everything I say so literally!
- Darwin: Okay, what about what you just said now, should I take that literally?
- Gumball: Yes. No. Yes. No. I don't knowohohohoh... [starts crying again]
- Darwin: [grabs Gumball's cheeks] Talk to me.
- Gumball: I think I'm cursed.
- Darwin: Hmm, then what you need is a good luck charm.
- Anais: Guys, there are no such things as lucky charms, curses, or tickets falling from the sky, there must be a scientific explanation for whats happening to Gumball, like there is for everything!
- Darwin: Oh yeah? How does your science explain the magic of rainbows then, huh?
- Anais: Diffraction of light through moisture in the atmosphere.
- Darwin: It's a sad world you live in, come on Gumball. [walks away with Gumball]
At the School Field
- [Gumball and Darwin are looking for lucky clovers]
- Gumball: Darwin, how will I know if its a four leaf clover?
- Darwin: Simple! They've got four leaves and are extremely rare.
- Gumball: Rare?
- Darwin: They're 1 in a million! Rarer then the rarest... Found one!
- Clover: Top of the morning to ya!
- Gumball and Darwin: Ooooo! [Darwin hands Gumball the clover]
- Gumball: I can already feel my luck changing. [A football is thrown near him, he picks it up] Hey look! A lucky ba- [is kicked, and hits a goalpost, which then falls on him]
- [Gumball walks over and sits at the table Anais is at]
- Gumball:I'm ready to take your advice now.
- Anais: I knew you'd come around eventually.
- Gumball: Now please help me, WHAT'S THE SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION FOR ALL OF THIS?!
- Anais: Oh, there's no explanation, whats been happening is just a coincidental series of unfortunate events.
- Gumball: Huh?
- Anais: Look, I'm just going to have to show you.
At the Gym
- [Anais has set up a ladder, a mirror, and an umbrella]
- Anais: Ok, opening an umbrella indoors, breaking a mirror, and walking under a ladder are all considered to bring extremely bad luck. Ha, nonsense, and to prove it, you're going to do all three tasks at the same time!
- Gumball: You sure about this?
- Anais: Mathematically, the chance of anything else happening to you, is miniscule.
- Gumball: Ohhkay! [inhales] Here it goes! [grabs the umbrella, hits the mirror and breaks it, opening the umbrella, then runs under the ladder] Wow, I guess you were right! [A storm cloud appears over him, thundershocks him, turning him into a pile of ashes, and dissappears]
- Anais: I guess logic and reason just went down the drain.
- Darwin: Hey guys, guys! I've been thinking scientifically, and I think I've figured it out! Yesterday evening, Gumball and I were setting the table for dinner...
- [Flashback: Watterson house dining area, Gumball and Darwin walk up to the table with plates, glasses, and silverware, and a vase. Gumball slips on a rollerskate, and all the dinnerware falls on the table without a scratch, then Darwin places a flower in the vase]
- Gumball and Darwin: Wow.
- [Back to present time]
- Darwin: It was probably the luckiest thing I've ever seen, so, according to my findings, Gumball used up all his good luck in one day, and that's why today, he is left with nothing but bad luck!
- Gumball: [still a pile of ashes] Of course!
- Anais: [sighs] That doesn't make sense, but it's the best we got, so the logical conclusion to your nonsensical theory, is that if he can survive today, everything should be normal by tomorrow!
- [Gumball sits down, smiling]
- Principal Brown: [sharpens pencil, looks at clock, and sighs] I'll be right back, Watterson, I've got some important business to attend to. [walks out]
- Gumball: What? No, don't leave me!
- Principal Brown: You're staying right there because you're in detention!
- Gumball: No, you don't understand! I'm in great danger!
- Principal Brown: You're in great danger of getting another three hours detention!
- Gumball: Principal Brown, please! [The ceiling lights begin to shake, Gumball whimpers, then looks at sharp pencils] I gotta get out of here! No, wait, just do nothing, do nothing, just do... [looks up, the lights have stopped shaking, Gumball sighs with relief]
- Principal Brown: [looks in] Sorry, I forgot to slam the door in anger! [slams the door]
- [The slam makes the ceiling light fall down, hitting the pencil holder, which makes the pencils shoot out, Gumball ducks, and the pencils hit the class photo, in a circle around Gumball's head, Gumball whimpers in fear. A pencil falls down, hitting the button on a control, which makes the fan next to Gumball's seat start blowing, knocking the books on the windowsill, hitting a globe, causing it to fall over, hitting a vase, which then pours water onto an electrical socket, the electrical socket short circuits, and causes a burst of smoke, knocking the broken pieces of the socket plate to hit the radiator, filling the room with steam]
- Gumball: Ok, I think I might go and do something somewhere else!
- [School hallways, seconds later. Principal Brown is playing a portable game console]
- Principal Brown: I'm so glad I confiscated this. [Gumball sneaks out of the room] Watterson! What are you do-
- [The room explodes, Gumball falls into a janitor's cart, which is then bursted forward. Gumball pops his head out of the water in the cart, and spits out water]
- Gumball: Come on bad luck, let's get this over with, give me your best shot!
- [Gumball is thrown out of the exploding school, along with the cart]
- Gumball: [bounces on the street with the cart] Ow, ow, ow! [the cart falls down a hill] Ow, I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! [The cart falls on the highway, him happy that he survived] I'm alive! [Car horn, Gumball tries to push a truck back with a mop, Gumball looks forward, a latch on another truck comes off, and tires come at Gumball] Ah, give me a break! [dodges the tires] Ah, ahh! [looks back, as the truck behind him runs into trees, knocking down a "chain" of powerlines. Gumball watches the powerlines fall down like dominos, then looks back, and sees the truck in front of him brake abrubtly, to avoid being crushed. Gumball screams, and ducks, going under the truck, Gumball's cart goes under a falling powerline right before it hits the ground] Hahahaha! In your FACE, bad luck! I am invincib- [hits a sign with his head, then looks up, and sees the unfinished freeway, and screams] No, I can make this! [accelerates by rowing the mop] I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna make it! [falls through the gap] I'm not gonna make it!
- [Gumball is on a bed, with his family watching him]
- Gumball: Uh, Ugh, what happened?
- Nicole: The doctor said you were very lucky to survive, very lucky indeed.
- Gumball: Uh? Lucky? This means my good luck has finally returned!
- Darwin: Thus proving my scientific hypothesis to be correct.
- Anais: And since science and reason have gone out the window, I suggest we all use the power of our minds to get tickets for Daisyland.
- [Everyone puts their hands at their heads, making a "Neeeee" sound]
- [Daisyland, Tobias and Rachel's family are at the ticket window]
- Tobias' father: One Family pass to Daisyland, please. [The wind blows his ticket away] Oh, no, my ticket! Hmm, I wonder to where the wind will take it.
- [Highway, the ticket goes into a truck-drivers windshield]
- Truck Driver: Hey look, a Daisyland ticket! [The wind blows the ticket away] I wonder to where the wind will take it.
- [The ticket flies into a plane's wing]
- Boy: Look mother, a Daisyland ticket. [The wind blows the ticket away] Mother, I'm wondering to where the wind will take it.
- [Hospital, the ticket blows into the window, and the Wattersons watch, until the fan cuts it into little pieces]
- Darwin: Yay! I wished for snow!
- [Episode ends]
The Curse is the thirty-second episode of season one of The Amazing World of Gumball.
Gumball tries to survive a day filled with bad luck after he uses up all his good luck.
It starts out with the family waiting in the hallway for Gumball to get out the shower. While waiting, Anais
asks if the family can go to Daisyland. When Nicole
explains that they can't because the tickets are expensive, Richard
start to concentrate very hard in an attempt to get Daisyland tickets out of nowhere. In the shower, Gumball slips into the toilet and gets flushed down into the sewer. Later on, Gumball, Darwin, and Anais try to catch the bus. Much to Gumball's dismay he misses his chance to enter the bus and instead is dragged by the finger by the bus the entire way. Shrugging off his early streak of bad luck, he tries to cheer himself up with a song, only to get stomped on by Hector
His clothes now torn, Gumball goes off to talk to Darwin and Anais until Principal Brown demands he wear something more appropriate to the school dress code. At the lost-and-found, Rocky gives him short trunks and a fedora, much to the humor of his classmates. Gumball then retaliates to Banana Joe's insults but Principal Brown accidentally walks in and gets offended, thus landing Gumball in detention.
Gumball and Darwin then realize that Gumball is cursed, so they try to fix it. Their first solution was to find a four-leaf clover; however, Gumball grabs onto a nearby football which is then kicked, launching Gumball along with it. He lands on goal post and is smashed by it. As a last resort, Gumball then goes to Anais for advice, in which she attempts to explain why the idea of ‘bad luck’ is a myth and attempts to disprove it by having Gumball perform 3 tasks known for causing bad luck. When Gumball is struck by a random indoor thunderbolt, Anais admits that logic and reasoning wasn't going to work this time. Darwin then hypothesized that Gumball ran out of good luck for the day, to which Anais and Gumball agree.
Meanwhile in detention, Gumball is being stared down by Principal Brown. Once the Principal leaves, Gumball becomes more aware of potentially dangerous things in the classroom. Seeing that the items aren't doing anything, he relaxes as he sighs in relief. However, Brown slams the door in anger, which leads to the light cover falling on books which launched sharpened pencils at Gumball that he quickly dodges. A fan in the classroom then pushes some things over which break a cap on the radiator that then begins to leak gas in the room.
Gumball then runs out in fear as the room explodes, launching him into a mop bucket. Dodging another explosion, Gumball is sent over a cliff and ends up riding down the Elmore Expressway while a series of ‘bad luck’ events literally blow up around him as he dodges dangers on the street. After surviving the ordeal, Gumball comes across an unfinished part of the expressway. Knowing that he couldn't stop his momentum in time, he attempts to push his luck and jump the overpass—a gamble that instead sees Gumball falling into a gorge below.
Gumball then wakes up in the hospital, barely escaping death. His family then decides that since logic and reasoning didn't seem to apply for the entire ordeal, they should all concentrate hard enough for Daisyland tickets to appear.
At Daisyland, Tobias' Dad tries to hand their family pass to the booth but the ticket slips out of his hand and is carried away by the wind. After traveling across the freeway and even onto an airplane, the ticket finally floats into the room where the Wattersons were at. The family then rejoices at its arrival before its destroyed by a fan. As the family gapes in shock, Darwin reveals that he wished for snow, and the pieces flying over was a great substitute for it.
Anais: Dad, what are you doing?
Richard: I'm getting tickets using the power of my mind.
Darwin: Yay! I wished for snow!
Gumball: I'm going to make it. I'm going to make it. I'm going to make it ... I'm not going to make it!
- If you look carefully at the class photo that was behind Gumball, you can see all of the classmates use old designs except for Gumball and Darwin.
- Multiple clips of this episode were viewable months before it actually premiered.
- This episode aired on Valentine's Day in the US, and on April Fool's Day in the UK in 2012.
- Gumball regained his clothes when he goes to detention, despite them being torn to shreds and being forced to wear another outfit.
- Principal Brown in the scene where he talks to Gumball about the dress code is drawn differently than his rather usual animation form.