| Character Information
Teri is a slightly crumpled paper cutout of a bear. Her design resembles that of a school kid doodling on a piece of folder paper, and then cutting it out – some parts of her coloring are messier. She is usually seen wearing a blazer, which is commonly used for school uniforms or formal occasions.
In Season 2, she acquires eyebrows, though the rest of her design remains unchanged.
In "The Origins: Part Two," she is shown to be smaller and her facial features are crudely drawn, resembling a child's drawing.
Teri is a hypochondriac, and her hypochondriac tendencies seep into many facets of her personality. Teri's a hypochondriac to the point she is fairly delusional, believing that she has contracted a number of ailments based on one or two flimsy and exaggerated pieces of evidence. This is especially apparent in "The Virus" and "The Allergy"; in both episodes, she believes that she has fallen ill to a multitude of diseases, causing her to make a fool of herself, much to the irritation of others. This habit of hers lands her in the nurse's office nearly everyday.
Hypochondria and germaphobia go hand-in-hand with each other, and Teri is no exception. In much of her free time, Teri can be caught with a spray bottle in hand, disinfecting everything and everyone in her path. Even those who she views as friends, such as Gumball and Darwin, are not safe from her wrath of cleanliness, as evidenced by "The Virus", in which she and Gumball have an argument about Gumball's refusal to wash his paw after Penny high-fived it.
Her hypochondria does pay off, however. Because she is so fearful of the microscopic world, she has dedicated much of her study time to learning how to fend off the vile creatures. This makes Teri one of the more intelligent members of her class.
Like the other cheerleaders, she makes up for her lack of kind by being kind (ironic given she's a cheerleader). When she puts aside her fears, Teri is one of the nicer characters on the show, willing to befriend everyone that gives her a chance.
- The early reel (debut)
- "The Third" (cameo)
- "The End" (cameo)
- "The Dress" (cameo)
- "The Pressure"
- "The Ghost" (cameo)
- "The Mystery" (cameo)
- "The Gi" (cameo)
- "The Kiss" (cameo)
- "The Party"
- "The Genius"
- "The Mustache" (cameo)
- "The Date" (on Penny's painting)
- "The Ape" (cameo)
- "The Curse" (photo on the wall)
- "The Meddler" (cameo)
- "The Fight" (cameo)
- "The Fridge"
- "The Flower" (cameo)
- "The Phone" (cameo)
- "The Apology" (cameo)
- "The Words"
- "The Skull" (cameo)
- "The Virus" (1st major role)
- "The Hero"
- "The Storm" (cameo)
- "The Game" (cameo)
- "The Tape" (cameo)
- "The Coach" (cameo)
- "The Joy" (cameo)
- "The Recipe" (cameo)
- "The Void" (cameo)
- "The Move"
- "The Allergy"
- "The Bros" (cameo)
- "The Mirror" (cameo)
- "The Lie" (cameo)
- "The Safety" (on one of the monitors)
- "The Society"
- "The Spoiler" (cameo)
- "The Countdown" (cameo)
- "The Nobody" (cameo)
- "The Triangle"
- "The Money" (cameo)
- "The Return" (cameo)
- "The Pest"
- "The Gift"
- "The Upgrade" (cameo)
- "The Comic" (cameo)
- "The Uploads"
- "The Origins: Part Two"
- "The Girlfriend"
- "The Advice"
- "The Bus"
- "The Night"
- "The Compilation"
Much like her relationship with Gumball and Darwin, Teri always collides with the nurse seeing her treating to the students wrong and overact with her, which makes the nurse usually ignore Teri more than she usually does with the other students.
Click here to view the gallery.
- Her name is a pun on the fact that you tear paper easily.
- In her concept art, Teri was wider, and un-crumpled. She also lacked a collar and buttons on her dress.
- In the early reel, Teri was male, as he was blown into the girls' bathroom, eliciting quite a commotion. Gumball also refers to Teri as "Paper Boy."
- A writer of the show suggests that Teri is skilled at paper craft and origami. This is supported by her reading a book on origami on three occasions: in "The Quest," "The Mystery," and "The Vision."
- Because Teri is made out of paper, she is very fragile and physically weak. An example was when she "slapped" Gumball in "The Party."
- She may like Leslie, since she was with him in "The Party." She may also like Clayton, since she blushed at him in "The Skull".
- She can use a pencil to draw anything on her face or body, such as a teardrop or a facemask in "The Virus," or clothes in "The Night."
- In the latter episode, she is also shown to draw a sleep mask before going to bed.
- She likes to scribble fake tattoos on her arm, according to James Lamont's Formspring.
- Her first major role is in "The Virus," and her second major role is in "The Matchmaker".
- In "The Phone," it is shown that Teri plays the xylophone (the marimba, specifically).
- In "The Flower," Teri was unaffected by the rain, despite being made of paper.
- In "The Words," it is revealed that if Teri stands in the sunlight, you can see "inside of her."
- In "The Virus," it is revealed that Teri's mother is a doctor, which may explain why she is such a germaphobe.
- In "The Mystery," if you look closely in the yearbook, you can see that Teri is in her early reel design.
- It is revealed in "The Origins: Part Two" that when she was younger, her face was crudely drawn.
- Her parents made their first appearance in "The Potato", although they were seen as origami because of Gumball and Darwin.