This is a Featured Article. This page was selected as Featured Article on the main page. A new article will be elected soon.
Thank you for supporting the Gumball Wiki.
| Character Information
Teri is a slightly crumpled paper cutout of a bear. Her design resembles that of a school kid doodling on a piece of folder paper, and then cutting it out – some parts of her coloring are messier. She is usually seen wearing a blazer, which is commonly used for school uniforms or formal occasions and she has three blush lines permanently drawn on her cheeks.
In Season 2, she acquires eyebrows, though the rest of her design remains unchanged.
In "The Origins: Part Two," she is shown to be smaller and her facial features are crudely drawn, resembling a child's drawing.
In her early design, she appears to be male wearing only underwear and visible nipples.
Teri is a hypochondriac, and her hypochondriac tendencies seep into many facets of her personality. Teri is a hypochondriac to the point she is fairly delusional, believing that she has contracted a number of ailments based on one or two flimsy and exaggerated pieces of evidence. This is especially apparent in "The Virus" and "The Allergy;" in both episodes, she believes that she has fallen ill to a multitude of diseases, causing her to make a fool of herself, much to the irritation of others. This habit of hers lands her in the nurse's office nearly everyday.
Hypochondria and germaphobia go hand-in-hand with each other, and Teri is no exception. In much of her free time, Teri can be caught with a spray bottle in hand, disinfecting everything and everyone in her path. Even those who she views as friends, such as Gumball and Darwin, are not safe from her wrath of cleanliness, as evidenced by "The Virus," in which she and Gumball have an argument about Gumball's refusal to wash his paw after Penny high-fived it.
Her hypochondria does pay off, however. Because she is so fearful of the microscopic world, she has dedicated much of her study time to learning how to fend off the vile creatures. This makes Teri one of the more intelligent members of her class.
When she puts aside her fears, Teri is one of the nicer characters on the show, willing to befriend everyone that gives her a chance.
- Early reel: Her debut. She is blown into the women's room.
- "The Third”: She is in the schoolyard.
- "The End": She is at the park.
- "The Dress": She is among the students worshiping Gumball while he is in a dress.
- "The Pressure": She is with the other treehouse girls.
- "The Ghost": She is scared by Carrie.
- "The Mystery": She is in the library.
- "The Gi": She laughs at Gumball.
- "The Kiss": She cheers for Gumball.
- "The Party": She is at the party.
- "The Genius": She reads a book.
- "The Mustache": She is in class.
- "The Date": She appears on Penny's painting.
- "The Ape": She is in class.
- "The Curse": She is in a photo on the wall.
- "The Meddler": She is in class.
- "The Fight": She wants to watch the fight.
- "The Fridge": She has bees almost sting her.
- "The Flower": She helps Penny get up after she falls.
- "The Phone”: She plays a xylophone.
- "The Apology": She wants to watch a Gumball and Darwin
- "The Words": She is in class.
- "The Skull": Clayton imagines that she cheers for him.
- "The Virus": Her first major role. She annoys Gumball by being a hypochondriac.
- "The Hero": She says that her father can beat rock.
- "The Storm": She says that Alan and Masami both float.
- "The Game": She is in class.
- "The Tape": She is in the tape.
- "The Coach": She is surprised by Jamie apologizing to Gumball.
- "The Joy": She is in class and Miss Simian burns a hole in her face. Later, she is a zombie and Miss Simian rips off her arms.
- "The Recipe": She is on the bus. Later, she says hi to Anton.
- "The Void": She is ripped up by Carmen.
- "The Move": She pours water on Tobias' face.
- "The Allergy": She is in the nurse's office and is blown out a window by Darwin. Later, she is in the schoolyard and gets hit in the face by Sarah's head.
- "The Bros": She sees Darwin in the women's locker room.
- "The Mirror": She is in class.
- "The Lie": She is on the bus.
- "The Saint": She tells someone to give Tobias CPR.
- "The Safety": She appears on one of the monitors.
- "The Society": She is part of the school play, and is later in the fake secret society.
- "The Spoiler”: She is on the bus.
- "The Countdown": She is in class.
- "The Nobody": She walks by Gumball, Darwin, and Rob.
- "The Triangle": She is in the school band.
- "The Money": She is on the bus and disintegrates.
- "The Return": She is on the bus.
- "The Pest": She is turned sideways by Gumball.
- "The Gift": She tries to get a gift for Masami. Later, she tries to figure out what Masami wants, and is later at her birthday party.
- "The Upgrade": She is in gym class. Later, she is in class and passes out after playing a flute for too long.
- "The Comic": She sings Laserheart's theme song.
- "The Uploads": She turns over William's paper.
- "The Origins: Part Two": She is scared by Darwin.
- "The Girlfriend": She is in gym class.
- "The Advice": She tears in half twice.
- "The Bus": She is on the bus and thinks Richard, Dexter Keane, Principal Brown, and Harold are hijackers.
- "The Night": She draws on her face to go to sleep. Later, she has a dream about being naked at school.
- "The Compilation": She sings part of "Weird Like You And Me" and is blown away by the wind.
- "The Stories": She is on the bus.
- "The Guy": She goes under a door to avoid being friends with Anais.
- "The Vision": Gumball imagines that she steals Clayton's idea.
- "The Potato": She sings happy birthday to Idaho in a flashback.
- "The Matchmaker": Her second major role. She is forced to fall in love with Darwin.
- "The Grades": She is in class.
- "The Sorcerer": She is in gym class and gets mad at Clayton.
- "The Uncle": She bets with Masami that Gumball will ask Ocho to marry him.
- "The Singing": She sings "Filth, Filth, All Around."
- "The Best": She has her phone broken by Gumball.
- "The Petals": She is in the hallway in a flashback. Later, she is practicing with the other cheerleaders.
- "The Cringe": She is on the bus in a flashback.
- "The Neighbor": She is in class.
- "The Pact": She is on the bus and tears in half so Principal Brown cannot sit with her.
- "The Shippening": Sarah ships her with Alan.
- "The Stink": She is in class.
- "The Awareness": She tells Gumball and Darwin that Bobert is participating.
- "The Buddy" (mentioned)
- Teresa Gallagher (US/UK)
- Christiane Monteiro (Brazil)
- Chihiro Takada (Japan)
- Borbála Csuha (Hungary, Season 1)
- Adrienn Pekár (Hungary, Season 2 and "The Uploads")
- Zselyke Szabó (Hungary, Season 3-present)
Much like her relationship with Gumball and Darwin, Teri always collides with Joan, critizing her treatment of the students and overreacting with her, which makes the nurse ignore Teri more than she usually does the other students.
Click here to view the gallery.
- Her name is a pun on the fact that paper tears easily.
- In her concept art, Teri was wider, and un-crumpled. She also lacked a collar and buttons on her dress.
- In the early reel, Teri was male, as he was blown into the girls' bathroom, eliciting quite a commotion. Gumball also refers to Teri as "Paper Boy."
- A writer of the show suggests that Teri is skilled at paper craft and origami. This is supported by her reading a book on origami on three occasions: in "The Quest," "The Mystery," and "The Vision."
- Because Teri is made out of paper, she is very fragile and physically weak. An example was when she "slapped" Gumball in "The Party."
- She may like Leslie, since she was with him in "The Party." She may also like Clayton, since she blushed at him in "The Skull."
- She can use a pencil to draw anything on her face or body, such as a teardrop or a face mask in "The Virus," or clothes in "The Night."
- In the latter episode, she is also shown to draw a sleep mask before going to bed.
- She likes to scribble fake tattoos on her arm, according to James Lamont's Formspring.
- In "The Phone," it is shown that Teri plays the xylophone (the marimba, specifically).
- In "The Flower," Teri was unaffected by the rain, despite being made of paper.
- She is also in Coach Russo's swimming class.
- In "The Words," it is revealed that if Teri stands in the sunlight, you can see "inside of her."
- In "The Virus," it is revealed that Teri's mother is a doctor, which may explain why she is such a germaphobe.
- In "The Mystery," if you look closely in the yearbook, you can see that Teri is in her early reel design.
- It is revealed in "The Origins: Part Two" that when she was younger, her face was crudely drawn, most likely referencing a children's drawing.
- Her parents made their first appearance in "The Potato," although they were seen as origami because of Gumball and Darwin.
- She appears to have almost complete control of her body, folding her head all the way backwards to protect herself from being decapitated by a buzzsaw blade in "The Virus" and crumpling herself up and tossing herself in a trashcan to hide from Gumball and Darwin in "The Night."
- She seems to be a fan of J-pop as seen in "The Singing."