This is a Featured Article. This page was selected as Featured Article on the main page. A new article will be elected soon.
Thank you for supporting the Gumball Wiki.
| Character Information
Sussie is a chinikin with googly eyes which she can take off and put on any time (as shown in "The Voice" and "The Weirdo"). She wears a blue plaid dress with white shoes. She is completely bald, unlike most characters on the show.
Sussie is shown to be a little odd and somewhat obnoxious. In "The Ghost," she spits out her hot cocoa because of Gumball's bad breath, and in "The Party," Penny and Masami give her annoyed looks because of her sloppy eating habits. She apparently likes eating, a trait that can be seen throughout Rachel's entire party. In "The Pony," she is shown to be rich. She also tends to talk a lot, as shown in "The Words." Despite this, Sussie is apparently good friends with some of the cheerleaders, since she was sitting with them in "The Party." In "The Bet," Miss Simian refers to her as a freak. Despite her oddness, Sussie can also be surprisingly profound as seen in "The Question," where she was the only character to give Gumball and Darwin a proper answer to what the meaning of life is.
She is also unaware of bullying, as in "The Weirdo," she thinks Julius gave her chewed bubblegum as a gift, and thanked him for it. She seems oblivious to the fact that people judge her, and does whatever she feels like doing.
Despite others viewing her as strange and weird, Sussie does not care as she desires to live her life to the fullest and not worry about how people perceive her. This is first evidenced in the episode "The Question" where she tells Gumball and Darwin that the search for the meaning of life gives life meaning and that it is simply important to enjoy life by doing what makes a person feel happy. She also helps Gumball and Darwin see things from her perspective in "The Weirdo", demonstrating a more creative and insightful side to her personality. She is also very friendly and appreciative, giving gifts to her classmates and friends as a sign of friendship, kindness, and so they can also see things from her point of view in "The Weirdo".
- "The Ghost": Gumball tests out his bad breath by talking to her. It works - she regurgitates her hot chocolate upon smelling his breath.
- "The Mystery": During the discussion regarding who harmed Principal Brown, she inputs that she saw him after school, meaning that the perpetrator must be someone who stayed after school.
- "The Party": Gumball considers her as a date, but as he asks her, she burps in his face, causing him to wince at the smell. She is later seen at the Wilsons' house, standing in the same spot, and eating for the duration of the party.
- "The Sock": Sussie has a small appearance in the first scene, where Miss Simian is disgusted by her drooling on her homework.
- "The Apology": She gives a disgusted look at Miss Simian's butt.
- "The Words": She annoys Darwin on the bus, and is later seen in Miss Simian's classroom where Darwin insults her.
- "The Skull": Darwin holds up a photo of her, and reveals that Gumball once kissed her while he was on morphine.
- "The Bet": She is seen in Miss Simian's classroom, offended by Miss Simian telling her she is a freak-show owner.
- "The Pony": She is at her birthday party, waiting for someone to come.
- "The Dream": In the second dream, she is in Penny's face, and Darwin unwillingly kisses her.
- "The Sidekick": Darwin comments on her sloppy eating habits.
- "The Photo": She is seen in the hallways turning off and on the lights because she thinks it's "night and day."
- "The Storm": She is seen on the playground screaming "Names! Names! Names!"
- "The Voice": Gumball and Darwin apologize to her, despite having never done anything wrong to her.
- "The Promise": She offers her seat to Gumball in the school bus.
- "The Joy": She is one of the students who get infected by the Joy Virus.
- "The Bros": She is on the playground eating chicken skins while talking to Penny.
- "The Question": She feeds mayonnaise to pigeons and discusses the meaning of life with Gumball and Darwin at the park.
- "The Triangle": She is part of the school's marching band.
- "The Nemesis": She is on the public bus.
- "The Uploads": She is in a video teaching the viewers to to remove blemishes.
- "The Origins: Part Two": She is seen as a baby with her parents while Darwin asks them if they saw Gumball.
- "The Bus": She is on the hijacked school bus.
- "The Night": She is dreaming.
- "The Blame": She yells during the "Books Are Violent" segment.
- "The Compilation": She sings in "Weird Like You And Me."
- "The Scam": Her dress gets blown up, revealing a face underneath.
- Aurelie Charbonnier (US/UK, Seasons 1-2 and Season 5)
- Fergus Craig (US/UK, Seasons 2-4)
- Ben Bocquelet (US/UK, screams and laughs)
- Miriam Ficher (Brazil, "The Mystery"-"The Question", "The Uploads"-present)
- Rie Takahashi (Japan, Season 1-present)
Click here to view the gallery.
- Sussie is actually a chin (see first image in the gallery). This style of character is called a chinikin. However, many people confuse her for a thumb or a potato.
- In an early storyboard drawing for "The Quest," Sussie was originally going to be the one throwing Anais' doll around with Tobias, but for some reason, the storyboard artists switched her with Carrie.
- Sussie is performed by Ben Bocquelet's girlfriend, Aurelie Charbonnier. British comedian Fergus Craig provided the voice of Sussie until "The Weirdo", when Charbonnier herself took up the role, while Ben Bocquelet provides the wails, screams, and laughs.
- For the reason above, Sussie is one of Ben's favorite characters, and because Ben finds Sussie "elusive and funny."
- On Gumball's date list paper in "The Party," Sussie's name is spelt as "Susy."
- She is the fourth Elmore Junior High student who didn't first appear in "The Third." The first three were Colin and Felix, who first appeared in "The End", and Anais, who first appeared in "The Responsible."
- Sussie is filmed by having Aurelie lay down on something, like a bed, against a green screen with her head upside down between it, and her chin being the only thing seen, as her head is covered with Sussie's clothes and body.
- Her name is spelt as "Saucy" in the closed captions for "The Party," which is incorrect when it should be Sussie. This also happens with the subtitles.
- While Sussie does not have a profile on the American website, on the Japanese website, she does. Her profile can be viewed here.
- She tends to repeat the last thing people say, as shown in "The Words."
- In "The Bros," it is revealed that she loves chicken skins when Penny gives her some.
- In "The Question," it is revealed that she behaves the way she does intentionally in her attempt to live life to the fullest.
- In Season 1, she is slightly taller than Tobias. In Season 2 onwards, she is the same size as Miss Simian.