The Shape People are minor characters in The Amazing World of Gumball. They made their first appearance in "The End." They can be seen standing across the street for a split-second before the bus pulls up, and obscures the audience's view of them. They get a larger role in "The Extras." They reappear in "The Law."
There are three of them, a triangle, a rectangle, and a pentagon. The triangle is colored blue, and is the tallest, mainly because of his long legs. The rectangle is colored black, and is the shortest, being only as tall as Idaho. He also only has one eye. The pentagon is in the middle, according to height. He, like the rectangle, is also colored black.
- The Black Rectangle
- The Blue Triangle
- The Teal Square
- The Blue Pentagon
- The Yellow Triangle
- The Black Pentagon
- The Blue Square
- "The End" (debut)
- "The Extras" (first major role)
- "The Law"
- "The Allergy"
- "The Shell"
- "The Butterfly"
- "The Oracle"
- "The Spoiler"
- They bear a slight resemblance to the Mr. Men and Little Miss characters by Roger Hargreaves.
- One of the triangles is named Ed.
- They also have many similarites with the titular character of the arcade game, Q*bert.
- It is revealed in "The Misunderstandings" that showing your thumbs to the Shape People is culturally insensitive to them.