School House Rush is a 2D side-scrolling platform game that takes place in the The Amazing World of Gumball universe. It was released on January 30, 2012.
While at school, Principal Brown calls Gumball and Darwin to tell them that Elmore Junior High is flooded. He tasks them with checking on Miss Simian, saving the students trapped underwater, and fixing the pipe leak outside of the school. Gumball and Darwin resolve to save the school in order to impress Penny.
In this game, you play as Gumball. The left and right arrow keys move him left and right, the up and down buttons expand your vision either up or down, and the space bar makes him jump. The up arrow key is also used for entering doors, when you encounter one that opens as you stand in front of it.
Many parts of the game also require Darwin's help to progress. Usually he appears out of manhole covers (and disappears down them, as well). When you have him as a companion, you can bounce on his head to jump higher. Because he usually follows your jump, you can achieve a second bounce in mid-air to soar even higher. Aside from his bouncy head, Darwin also helps you by destroying obstacles and, in the underwater level, opening gates.
There are also two power-ups - the bubble power-up, which negates the next damaging hit you take, and the Gi, which gives you invulnerability, speed, and higher jumps. Also, the signs with Principal Brown's face on it are checkpoints. Passing through one of these automatically activates it, allowing you to restart from there if you wish.
Throughout the levels, there are objects that you can interact with. Ropes, when jumped into, will cause you to swing back and forth. The lower you are on the rope, the farther you will go. Ropes with metal handles allow you to hang onto them, dangling above the ground. Often they are grouped going diagonally up, allowing you to use them as sort of an upside down staircase. Carmen will damage you on contact, because she's a cactus. Barbed wire does the same thing. Alan, when grabbed onto, will allow you to fly around for a bit until he pops.
There are three levels total. In between levels, there are minigames. The first one involves dodging Miss Simian's detention notes, while causing the students around you to receive them instead. The second one involves popping the bubbles encasing students, while dodging Darwin, for some reason. The third one involves dodging Hector.
All throughout the game, there are sun stickers scattered about. Collecting these is optional, but they boost your score at the end, and a badge on the CN US site is awarded for collecting 1000 in a single game. The yellow ones add one to your counter, while the orange ones add ten.
- Sal Left Thumb (Title Only)
- Tina (Title Only)
- Anais (Instructions Only)
- Principal Brown
- The Sun
- Banana Joe
- Mr. Small
- Miss Simian
NOTE: Badges can only be earned on the Cartoon Network websites only and you must be logged in with your account in order to claim your badges.
- This is the lowest rated Gumball game, only gaining 3.5/5.
- This game seems to run on exactly the same engine as the My Gym Partner's a Monkey game Hall of the Wild and The Big Field Trip. Their similarities include:
- In a promo for this game, Rocky is not blocked in the last scene where it shows the title.
- In level 2, Gumball is swimming even though he can't swim.
- In level 2, when Gumball goes through a pipe, his swimming trunks turn into his normal clothes
- On the CN Asia site, this game does not give any badges.
- Sal Left Thumb makes a very minor appearance in the title screen background underneath Darwin's arm. He does not appear to be wearing his mask.
- The game sometimes thinks for itself. This happens when Gumball moves and looks without you moving the arrow keys. To remove this effect, press the left, right, up, or down arrow keys twice, as fast as you can.