Recipe Run is an online game based on The Amazing World of Gumball. It is exclusive to the CN Asia Pacific.
Gumball and Darwin have made another infamous dish for Anais to try and the rest of the campus seems out to stop him! Leap, duck, and dash your way through the school corridors and collect every weird and wacky new ingredient you can for the perfect zaniest plate. But keep an eye on the crowd meter, or your run might end too soon!
As you chase Anais through the hallway, there are several different obstacles to look out for. Most are classmates that happen to be in the hallway. Gumball must either jump or duck to dodge them, depending on how high the obstacle is (jump if the obstacle is on the ground, duck if it's flying at him in midair). To jump, the player must click and drag the mouse up. To duck and slide, the player must click and drag the mouse down. In addition to this, Darwin may be tagged in every once in a while. Calling him in provides temporary immunity to obstacles. Gumball may still jump to collect food items that are in mid air.
Failing to avoid an obstacle results in Gumball staggering for a second, allowing time for the angry mob behind him to catch up. Ducking also slows down Gumball, letting the mob catch up to him. If the mob reaches Gumball, they suck him in, and the game ends.
Also in the hallway are additional ingredients that can be added into Gumball's tray. The added ingredients give more points, and different responses from Anais. There are eight categories of food items: corn, meat, fish, sandal, shoe, soda, potato, and bread. Collecting ten of each of these items total amongst all games played will result in a random shop item being unlocked.
You can access the shop on the main menu which will bring you to Rocky's store that sells power-ups and other characters to be used in the game. The power-ups can be bought using the CN Site currency and it is a one-time use and must be bought again the next time while purchasing characters will add obstacles in the game.
The ingredients collected throughout the game can be used to redeem random rewards in the Ingredients section of the Student Handbook. The reward can be redeemed once you have 10 of every collectable ingredients and a white lunch box will appear which contains your reward.
NOTE: Badges can only be earned on the Cartoon Network Asia Pacific websites, and you must have an account and be logged in to claim them.
Avoid Jamie! - Ducked from Jamie five times.
Avoid Banana Joe! - Jumped over Banana Joe five times.
Avoid Leslie! - Jumped over Leslie five times.
Avoid William! - Avoid William five times.
Avoid Bobert! - Jump to avoid Bobert five times.
Avoid Clayton! - Ducked to avoid Clayton five times.
- This is the first Gumball PC game where you can purchase upgrades using out-of-game currency. This currency is called CN Beans, which are earned from playing other games and activities on the site.
- The idea for this game seems to be based on the scene in "The Responsible," where Gumball and Darwin make Anais a disgusting meal. Many of the items they used for this meal can be seen, such as the shoe, the potato, and the mackerel.
- The badges mention a Carrie and Ocho obstacle, however, neither character can be seen, in the shop or in the game.
- This game has more badges than any other Gumball game, with a total of 42 badges.
- The game became available on the iTunes app store on February 24, 2013.
- The iTunes version uses a virtual currency called CN Coins to purchase the characters and upgrades.
- If characters are obstacles and the mop comes some characters appear twice.