| Principal Nigel Brown
| Character Information
Principal Brown is a slug with a thick coat of brown fur that covers his entire body, except for his eyes. He wears thick round glasses. In "The Mystery", some of Principal Brown's fur was burnt off, revealing his tan-tinted skin. At the end of "The Mystery", he has sharp fang-like teeth, but while in the nurse's office, he has regular teeth. Principal Brown speaks in a soft-spoken tone of voice with a slight British accent.
Despite being the principal of Elmore Junior High, he is shown to have a massive crush on Gumball's teacher, Miss Simian, and they are constantly flirting, much to everyone else's dismay. Because he spends most of his time thinking about and trying to please Miss Simian, he doesn't pay much attention to the students. In addition to this, Principal Brown has also been shown to get into The Wattersons' personal business, like in "The Painting". Although in "The Genius," he didn't care at all that The Wattersons would never see their son, Darwin, again. He's also very proud of his appearance as shown in "The Meddler".
The gallery for Principal Brown can be found here.
- "The Third": He can be seen briefly in the schoolyard.
- "The Painting": Concerned that Anais' family is dysfunctional, he orders them all to change.
- "The Mystery": Principal Brown is found wrapped in toilet paper, shaved, painted green, and stuffed in Gumball's locker.
- "The Party": He and Miss Simian ambush Rachel's party.
- "The Sock": He gets caught up in Gumball and Darwin's honesty shenanigans.
- "The Genius": He breaks the news to the Wattersons that Darwin is being sent away.
- "The Curse": He forces Gumball to wear an outift more suitable to the school's dress code after his clothes get torn into sheds. He then gives Gumball detention for hurting his feelings.
- "The Meddler": He gives Gumball detention for 8 hours from who Gumball ruined his face and judges the cheerleader tryouts with Mr. Small.
- "The Remote": He appears in the parking garage of the Elmore Mall.
- "The Fridge": He appears in the school gym on Gumball's flashback.
- "The Flower": Gumball tries to get him to bust Leslie.
- "The Job": He is briefly seen in his car.
- "The Apology": Gumball and Darwin have to help him keep his relationship with Miss Simian.
- "The Words": He sends Darwin to Mr. smalls office for reckless behaviour.
- "The Skull": Gumball, Darwin and Clayton are sent to his office for causing damage to school property.
- "The Bet": Punishes Gumball, Darwin and Bobert for messing with the deflibulator and making fun of the Nurse's mother.
- "Christmas": He is seen driving his car, carrying a Christmas Tree on top of it.
- "The Flakers": Richard dashes by, causing Miss Simian to accidentally shave off a line of his fur.
- "The Authority": In Richard's flashback, his car got rammed by Richard's car.
- "The Hero": In Gumball's flashback, Richard dances in front of him.
- "The Storm": Appears outside his office with Banana Joe, Carrie, Leslie, Ocho, Teri and Tobias
- "The Lesson": He finds out that Gumball and Darwin have cheated on their math test and sends them to detention class.
- "The Boombox": He flirts with Miss Simian.
- "The Tape": He appears in one of Gumball's videotapes.
- "The Sweaters": He asks Gumball and Darwin to introduce transfer student Sarah to Elmore Junior High, and later he advises the boys how to win the fight with the Richwood High students.
- "The Internet": He is one of the drivers involved in a massive pile-up.
- "The World": He is walking on a sidewalk when his eyeglasses begin singing, causing him to bump into a bus stop sign.
- "The Finale": He states that Gumball and Darwin has to restart school from kindergarten.
- "The Phoney": His first major role.
- "The Rex"
- As shown in "The Genius", he screams like a little girl.
- In some episodes, a cyan colored character that closely resembles him can be seen in the lunch room.
- A recurring gag in Season 2 is Mr. Brown having to stop his car, usually to make way for the Wattersons. This has occurred in "The Remote", "The Job", and "Christmas".
- He seems to be more friendly to The Wattersons in Season 2.
- Despite his feelings for Miss Simian, he threatened to fire her if she kept framing Gumball and Darwin in "The Apology".