This is a Featured Article. This page was selected as Featured Article on the main page. A new article will be elected soon.
Thank you for supporting the Gumball Wiki.
| Character Information
Penny Fitzgerald is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. She was an antlered peanut who is in Miss Simian's class at Elmore Junior High. Gumball and Penny had always had massive crushes on each other, but the two of them had always struggled to express their feelings, that is, until the events of the episode "The Shell," when Gumball finally confessed his feelings for her, and kissed her. She was part of The Treehouse Girls club, until it disbanded due to the tree being cut down by Tobias and Banana Joe.
From Season 1 to "The Shell," Penny was an anthropomorphic peanut. Like the rest of her family, she had a set of antlers that grow out of her head. In Season 3, the episode "The Shell" revealed that Penny underneath her shell is a shape-shifting fairy-like creature. She can transform into any animal, and every time, the animal has a set of antlers.
In Season 2, the design of Penny's shell had been altered. Previously, it was straighter, and shaped more like her father's shell, but then it was curved to resemble her sister's and her mother's. Her antlers became also darker and smaller. Also, the holes of the shell on her arms are missing.
Penny does not normally wear much clothing, aside from a pair of orange sneakers with knee socks, and some red and white arm bands. However, she is often seen carrying white pom-poms.
In Season 3, her design is the same as Season 2 until in "The Shell." After breaking free of her shell thanks to Gumball, the contents of her shell are revealed. She can shape-shift into any creature, depending on her emotions, but her default form seems to be an orange, fairy-like creature with antlers. Her body takes on the shape of her shell, and the upper half of her body gets progressively lighter shades of orange in coloration. Her real eyes and mouth are now seen, and also has visible white eyelashes connected to her eyes. She also has wings, which she can use to hover above the ground. According to story writer Guillaume Cassuto, Penny will no longer be in her shell, and will remain in her fairy-like form. 
Penny is very nice and friendly. She sticks up for her friends often, implying she has a strong sense of integrity.
She is one of the few people to understand Gumball, whom she has a crush on. The feeling is mutual, but neither of them have ever had a chance to properly express their feelings, despite that it is clearly evident, that is, until "The Shell."
She has represented independent signs of getting annoyed on occasion, like becoming angered (even resorting to deception) to her father in the episode "The Knights," when he forbid her from seeing the Wattersons, and tiring of the conflict between Gumball and Tobias in the same episode. But, she is exceedingly grateful and ecstatic when Gumball saves her from accidentally getting hit by her father's vehicle, and relieved when she realizes her father is okay as well, showing that she is self-sufficiently forgiving and caring.
She also seems to be athletic, as she is a very good cheerleader, and was/is part of the synchronized swimming club. Also, in "The Dress," she was one of the first people to finish running around the track.
Without her shell, she is very self-conscious, running away at the first sign that someone believes her to be a monster. Even worse, she transforms into the said monster as she runs away, fulfilling their expectations. After coming to terms with herself, though, she has become more open and enthusiastic.
Because Penny is a fairy-like shapeshifter, she can transform into any creature based on her emotions. In every form, she has a set of antlers.
- Main article: Penny Fitzgerald/Relationships
- "The Third" (debut)
- "The End"
- "The Dress"
- "The Pressure" Her first major role. She and Masami are two of the important Treehouse Girls.
- "The Ghost" (cameo)
- "The Mystery"
- "The Gi"
- "The Kiss" (cameo)
- "The Party" Her second major role. She tries to get Gumball to be her date for Rachel's party.
- "The Robot"
- "The Picnic" (cameo)
- "The Sock" (cameo)
- "The Mustache"
- "The Date" Her third major role. She invites Gumball to Mr. Cuddles's funeral while he thinks of it as a date.
- "The Club"
- "The Ape" (cameo)
- "The Curse" (cameo)
- "The Meddler"
- "The Helmet" (cameo)
- "The Fight" (cameo)
- "The Knights" Her fourth major role. Tobias and Gumball fight for her affection.
- "The Fridge" (cameo)
- "The Flower" Her fifth major role. She is hanging out with Leslie, causing Gumball to become overcome with jealousy.
- "The Banana" (cameo)
- "The Phone" (cameo)
- "The Apology" (cameo)
- "The Words" (cameo)
- "The Skull"
- "The Bet" (cameo)
- "Christmas" (cameo)
- "The Watch" (cameo)
- "The Bumpkin" (cameo)
- "The Virus" (mentioned)
- "The Hero" (cameo)
- "The Dream" Her sixth major role. She is kissed by Darwin in one of Gumball's dreams.
- "The Sidekick" (cameo)
- "The Photo"
- "The Storm" Her seventh major role. Darwin challenges her to do everything he does while Gumball deals with Masami.
- "The Voice"
- "The Promise" (cameo)
- "The Boombox" (cameo)
- "The Tape" (cameo)
- "The Sweaters"
- "The World" (cameo)
- "The Finale" (cameo)
- "The Kids"
- "The Fan" (cameo)
- "The Coach" (cameo)
- "The Joy"
- "The Recipe" (cameo)
- "The Name"
- "The Extras" (cameo)
- "The Fraud (cameo)
- "The Void" (cameo)
- "The Move"
- "The Allergy" (cameo)
- "The Mothers" (cameo)
- "The Shell" Her eighth major role. Her shell is cracked open by Gumball, revealing her true form.
- "The Burden"
- "The Bros" Her ninth major role. Darwin attempts to destroy her relationship with Gumball.
- "The Mirror"
- "The Butterfly"
- "The Safety" (cameo)
- "The Society" (cameo)
- "The Spoiler"
- "The Countdown" (cameo)
- "The Downer" (mentioned)
- "The Return"
- "The Others" (cameo)
- "The Pest" (cameo)
- "The Romantic" Her tenth major role. It is still unknown what will happen.
- "The Uploads"
- "The Apprentice"
- "The Hug"
Click here to view the gallery.
- Main article: Penny Fitzgerald/Quotes
- Penny is allergic to blueberries, as seen and revealed in "The Dream." She mentions this allergy again in "The Voice."
- In Project Exonaut, Penny is available as an exosuit for 1,000 coins.
- As seen in "The Club," Penny is enrolled in the synchronized swimming club that also includes Darwin, Leslie, and an unnamed dog.
- Early in her development, she had darker antlers.
- In "The Flower," it is shown that she has not had her tonsils taken out yet.
- In "The Void", it is shown that her limbs can fall off if she falls from a great height.
- In "The Romantic", it is revealed that Penny and Gumball first met on the school bus.
- In the episode "The Shell," it is revealed that without her shell, Penny is a shape-shifting fairy-like creature.
- After the events of "The Shell," Penny's physical form was permanently changed to her shape-shifting fairy form.
- In many countries, Penny's medusa-like form is censored.