| Character Information
Ocho is a recurring character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He is a spider designed in 8-bit graphics. He is in Miss Simian's class at Elmore Junior High. Along with Anton, Ocho was also brought into Tina's group by Jamie, but rarely appears as a member. He has an intense temper, as revealed in "The Phone."
Ocho is a small, black 8-bit spider. His design is either a tribute to the design of the alien ships in the arcade game Space Invaders, or one of the Jelectros from Super Mario Bros. 3. Like the alien ships in Space Invaders, Ocho can levitate, and shoot rays that disintegrate objects into cubes, and people (although in "The Phone," Gumball and Darwin are shown to have many lives, like in Space Invaders).
Ocho is mostly nice and friendly when interacting with others. However, agitating him enough causes him to become erratically angry, and begin shouting at and attacking other people.
- "The Third": When Gumball and Darwin consider Tina for their third friend, they witness her squashing him, along with Anton and Idaho.
- "The End": He is seen passing by Gumball's "wedding."
- "The Dress": He was in front of Gumball in the lunch line. He got mad because his lunch was gross.
- "The Spoon": He appears on a poster.
- "The Pressure": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Party": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Refund": He appears on a poster in Ripley 2000.
- "The Picnic": He comes with the rest of the school to the picnic.
- "The Mustache": He is seen at Elmore Park.
- "The Club": He is featured in this episode as a member of the Reject Club.
- "The Curse": He sees Gumball in his clothes from the lost & found.
- "The Flower": He briefly appears on a poster in Carrie's bedroom.
- "The Phone": He is seen attacking Gumball and Darwin for them yelling at him on the phone. This is Ocho's second major appearance in an episode to date, as well as his first speaking role.
- "The Words": He is a background vocal in the song "What He Thinks About Us!".
- "The Watch": He is seen on the school bus.
- "The Bumpkin": He appears on a poster.
- "The Pony": He is seen inside Ripley 2000.
- "The Dream": A giant version of him walks in Gumball's dream, and he is later seen in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Sidekick": He is seen in line.
- "The Storm": He speaks once more in Miss Simian's class.
- "The Photo": He appears in the school hall.
- "The Promise": He and Gumball are fighting outside Ripley 2000.
- "The Boombox": He is seen with the students celebrating Miss Simian's (false) retirement.
- "The Tape": He appears in one of Gumball's videotapes, and is shown using the Konami Code for various things.
- "The Void": He appears briefly in the school yearbook.
- "The Procrastinators": He can be seen on a magazine cover.
- "The Pizza": He appears on a poster in Laser Video.
- "The Saint":
- "The Safety": He appears in the school cafeteria on one of Darwin's surveillance monitors.
- "The Spoiler": He appears in a magazine.
- "The Countdown": He appears again on a poster in Laser Video.
- "The Downer": He appears on yet another poster.
- "The Money": He can be seen in a magazine.
- "The Gift": He is one of the students running to the mall to get the Mic Graves for Masami.
- "The Wicked": He is on one of the TV screens in the mall.
- "The Points": His picture can be seen in the computer game Tobias is playing.
- "The Night": He is seen sleeping with a pause button up his head.
- "The Blame": He is seen in the picture Mr. Small had and can later be seen running into the auditorium with the other students.
- "The Compilation": He is seen singing "Nobody's A Nobody."
- His name is a gag, as "Ocho" means eight in Spanish, which refers to him being a spider and having an 8-bit design.
- Even though he is a spider, he only has six legs. This is probably because of the limits of 8-bit graphics.
- Ocho has his first speaking role in "The Phone."
- Despite his stature, Ocho is strong enough to lift people, as seen in "The Club," when he was hoisting up Gumball.
- The episode "The Phone" was the first episode that revolved around him, though he played a recurring non-speaking role in "The Club."
- Ocho can use cheat codes in real life, as shown in "The Tape."
- He is shown using the Konami Code in the episode.
- Judged by the fact he has been seen on magazines in numerous episodes, he could be famous.
- His only speaking roles are in "The Phone," "The Storm," "The Promise," "The Tape" and "The Gift."
- Minus a brief cameo in "The Safety," he had no physical appearance in Season 3, other than appearing in books, magazines, and posters.
- In "The Blame," it is suggested that Ocho used to look like a human being (which resembled Jacob Hopkins, Gumball's current voice actor) and that his 8-bit graphic form is a result of excessive gaming. However, this is probably a non-canon joke.
- Even though it was his first major appearance in an episode, he does not speak in "The Club."
Click here to view the gallery.