| Character Information
Ocho is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He is a spider designed in 8-bit graphics. He is in Miss Simian's class at Elmore Junior High. Along with Anton, Ocho was also brought into Tina's group by Jamie, but rarely appears as a member. He acts very intense as revealed in "The Phone."
Ocho is a small, black 8-bit spider. His design is either a tribute to the design of the alien ships in the arcade game Space Invaders or one of the Jelectros from Super Mario Bros. 3. Like the alien ships in Space Invader, Ocho can levitate and shoots rays that disintegrate objects into cubes, and people (although in The Phone, Gumball and Darwin are shown to have many lives, like in Space Invader).
Ocho is mostly nice and friendly when interacting with others. However, agitating him enough causes him to become erratically angry and begin shouting at and attacking other people.
- "The Third": When Gumball and Darwin consider Tina for their third friend, they witness her squashing him, along with Anton and Idaho.
- "The End": He is seen passing by Gumball's "wedding".
- "The Dress": He was in front of Gumball in the lunch line. He got mad because his lunch was gross.
- "The Spoon": He appears on a poster.
- "The Picnic": He comes with the rest of the school to the picnic.
- "The Refund": He appears on a poster in Ripley 2000.
- "The Mustache": He is seen at Elmore Park
- "The Club": He is featured in this episode as a member of the Reject Club.
- "The Flower": He briefly appears on a poster in Carrie's bedroom.
- "The Phone": He is seen attacking Gumball and Darwin for them yelling at him on the phone. This is Ocho's second major appearance in an episode to date, as well as his first speaking role.
- "The Words": He is a background vocal in the song "What He Thinks About Us!".
- "The Watch": He is seen on the School Bus.
- "The Bumpkin": He appears on a poster.
- "The Pony": He is seen inside Ripley 2000.
- "The Dream": He is seen in Miss Simian's class.
- "The Sidekick": He is seen in line.
- "The Storm": He speaks once more in Miss Simian's class.
- "The Photo": He appears in the school hall.
- "The Promise": He and Gumball are fighting outside Ripley 2000.
- "The Boombox": He is seen with the students celebrating Miss Simian's (false) retirement.
- "The Tape": He appears in one of Gumball's videotapes, and is shown using the Konami Code for various things.
- "The Void": Appears briefly in the school yearbook.
- "The Procrastinators": He can be seen on a magazine cover.
- "The Pizza": He appears again on a poster in Laser Video.
- "The Safety": He appears in the School Cafeteria on one of Darwin's surveillance monitors.
- "The Spoiler": He appears in a magazine.
- "The Countdown": He appears on a poster in Laser Video.
- "The Money": He appears on magazine.
- His name is a gag, as Ocho means eight in Spanish, which refers to him being a spider and having an 8-bit design.
- Even though he is a spider, he only has six legs. This is probably because of the limits of 8-bit graphics.
- Ocho has his first speaking role in "The Phone".
- Despite his stature, Ocho is strong enough to lift people, as seen in "The Club" when he was hoisting up Gumball.
- The episode "The Phone" was the first episode that revolved around him, though he played a recurring non-speaking role in "The Club".
- Ocho can use cheat codes in real life, as shown in "The Tape".
- He is shown using the Konami Code in the episode.
Click here to view the gallery.