| Nicole Watterson
| Character Information
Nicole Watterson is a main character in The Amazing World of Gumball. Nicole is the mother figure of the Watterson family and is the only truly responsible member of the family. She is very dedicated to her family and would do anything in her power to keep them comfortable and safe.
Nicole greatly resembles her oldest son, Gumball. She has light blue fur and is somewhere between Richard and Gumball in height. Her head is shaped similarly to Gumball's, except Nicole's whiskers are shorter than her son's and she has visible eyelashes.
Her usual outfit consists of a white collared shirt with a button that symbolizes The Rainbow Factory, where she works. She wears a short, light gray skirt to go along with it. She, like most of her family, does not wear shoes.
In Season 2, she has now tucked in her shirt and her tail goes through her skirt instead of under it.
Nicole cares deeply for her family, so much so that she would do anything to express her love for them. She is also very protective of her family as seen in The Ape. Since she's the only truly responsible member of the family, Nicole does most of, if not all the household chores, and in addition she works long hours at The Rainbow Factory just to put food on the table.
Unfortunately, Nicole also suffers from a tremendous amount of emotional stress because of her many duties. She is also quite the demanding mother and has an extremely nasty temper that can turn her into a very scary person when upset. In fact, on one occasion, Gumball decides it'd be easier to face a giant T-rex than an angry Nicole.
Nicole is also very athletic, and is fully capable of chasing her children across the neighborhood when they're in trouble. She's also been shown to be competitive and strong enough to tear down a door. She was practically capable of giving Mr. Rex a massive beat down with ease.
Nicole can be quite stern when provoked and occasionally vindictive, as was shown on the episode "The Ape" after Miss Simian called her and her family "losers". On top of this she has also proven be very resourceful and inventive, (a trait she most likely passed on to her daughter Anais, who has demonstrated similar talents), in this case strategically setting a mine-like trap in a paintballing arena/forest merely using environmental supplies and whatever she took with her. Winning seems to be a necessity for her at times, possibly indicating that she is slightly obsessive. Though despite her somewhat ruthless faults she is able to accept defeat, acknowledge her mistakes, and even find humor in them.
- Main article: Nicole/Relationships
Episode Appearances Edit
- "The DVD" (debut)
- "The Responsible"
- "The Third"
- "The End"
- "The Spoon"
- "The Painting"
- "The Laziest"
- "The Ghost"
- "The Prank" (cameo)
- "The GI"
- "The Kiss"
- "The Party" (non-speaking cameo)
- "The Robot"
- "The Goons"
- "The Sock"
- "The Genius"
- "The Poltergeist"
- "The Mustache"
- "The Date"
- "The Club"
- "The Ape"
- "The Car"
- "The Curse"
- "The Microwave"
- "The Meddler"
- "The Helmet"
- "The Fight"
Season 2 Edit
- "The Remote"
- "The Knights"
- "The Fridge"
- "The Job"
- "The Treasure"
- "The Bumpkin"
- "The Flakers"
- "The Authority"
The gallery for Nicole Watterson can be found here.
Angry doesn't begin to cover it!
You see boys, sometimes in life you really have to face the consequences of your actions, and sometimes you just RUN!
Put your pants on and get in the car!
Five minutes is all I'll need.
I feel so relaxed!
I feel so proud of her yet... really scared at the same time.
What does a winner do when life gives him lemons!?
I wish we were a normal family, my husband could talk some sense into you instead of running around the neighborhood like a maniac.
The longer the better, honey! Even when you're 80, you'll still be my Gummypuss!
- She may be a tabby cat, because when everyone turned into their literal selves "The Job", she turned into a tabby cat instead of turning into a blue cat while Anais turned into a pink rabbit.
- She sometimes wishes for a normal family, as said by her in "Christmas".
- She is very athletic, as shown in "The DVD" when she chased Gumball and Darwin across their neighborhood.
- Nicole is voiced by British actress Teresa Gallagher. Although Gallagher does a quite believable American accent, her original native accent sometimes sneaks through.
- Nicole seems to approve of Gumball's relationship with Penny, as both kids seem to genuinely like each other, as seen in "The Gi".
- She was named and based on creator Ben Bocquelet's mother, Nicole Bocquelet, a working mother.
- She graduated sometime in the 1980s as shown in "The Ape", further solidifying the fact that she is in her forties.
- Because of Miss Simian calling her a "loser" all throughout her life, Nicole utterly despises the word and Miss Simian as well.
- She was the first character in the series to ever speak (if you don't count Early Reel) and, along with Gumball, be shown.
- An episode detailing the origins of her athleticism, as well as her shady past in general, is in development.
- In her yearbook photo seen in Richard's flashback in "The Wand", it is revealed that Nicole's maiden name starts with a G.
- Nicole has been falsely arrested for weird reasons, such as robbing a store with a hotdog in "The Spoon" and stealing her own car in "The Flakers".
- Teresa Gallagher (US/UK)
- Beatrice Margiotti (Italy)
- Rossy Aguirre (Mexico)
- Mai Yamane (Japan)
- Yolanda Quesada (Spain)