This is a Featured Article. This page was selected as Featured Article on the main page. A new article will be elected soon.
Thank you for supporting the Gumball Wiki.
| Nicole Watterson
| Character Information
Nicole Watterson is one of the main characters in The Amazing World of Gumball. Nicole is the mother of the Watterson family. She is the only truly responsible member of the family. She is very dedicated to her family, and would do anything in her power to keep them comfortable and safe.
Nicole greatly resembles her oldest son, Gumball, who is, like her, a cat. She has light blue fur, and is somewhere between Richard and Gumball in height. Her head is shaped similarly to Gumball's, except Nicole's whiskers are shorter than her son's, and she has visible eyelashes. The inside of her mouth is light pink and her tongue is pink, and her nose is pink.
Her usual outfit consists of a white collared shirt with a button that symbolizes the Rainbow Factory, where she works. She wears a short, light gray skirt to go along with it. Like the rest of her family (excluding Anais and Darwin), she spends most of her time barefoot.
In her Season 2 redesign, she has tucked in her shirt, and her body has gotten much slimmer. Her mouth got rounder, and the shadows from her shirt and skirt are entirely gone as well, and her whiskers have gotten shorter.
In Season 3, Nicole's eyes are permanently round along with the rest of her family.
Nicole cares deeply for her family, so much that she would do anything to express her love for them. She is also very protective of her family, as seen in "The Ape." Since she is the only truly responsible member of the family, Nicole does most of, if not all the household chores, and in addition, she works long hours at the Rainbow Factory just to put food on the table.
Unfortunately, Nicole also suffers from a tremendous amount of emotional stress because of her many duties. She is also quite the demanding mother, and sometimes has an extremely nasty temper that can turn her into a very scary person when upset sometimes. In fact, on one occasion, Gumball decides it'd be easier to face a giant T-rex than an angry Nicole. Despite all that, Nicole is still very benevolent, kindhearted, sweet, and has a softer side at times, and she still loves her family very much, especially her son, Gumball.
Nicole can be quite stern when provoked, and occasionally vindictive, as was shown on the episode "The Ape" after Miss Simian called her and her family "losers." On top of this, she has also proven be very resourceful and inventive, a trait she most likely passed on to her daughter Anais, who has demonstrated similar talents, in this case, strategically setting a mine-like trap in a paintballing arena/forest merely using environmental supplies and whatever she took with her. Winning seems to be a necessity for her at times, possibly indicating that she is slightly obsessive. Though, despite her somewhat ruthless faults, she is able to accept defeat, acknowledge her mistakes, and even find humor in them.
Nicole is very athletic, and is fully capable of chasing her children across the neighborhood when they are in trouble, as shown in "The DVD." On one occasion, Gumball compared her to a ninja. In "The Remote," she displayed great skills in martial arts, that allowed her to defeat Richard and her sons, and jumping between roofs. Also, in "The Fight," Nicole defeated Mr. Rex and destroyed his house, and in "The Pizza," she defeated some apocalyptic Elmore citizens when they turned against her and her family.
When angry, she is very strong, enough to destroy a door, and can fight and defeat anyone, and completely scare people with her rage. In "The Egg," she can completely transform herself into a red demon-like being and eat any person. Along with this, Nicole can make people fear and do what she wants without a question. Like in "The Castle" and "The Limit," just with one penance stare reduces her victims into a horrified state. In "The Vacation," she can completely burn Richard's marshmallow by just looking at it. In "The Finale" and in "The Money," she can also transform into a hulking version of herself.
- Main article: Nicole Watterson/Relationships
- "The DVD" (debut)
- "The Responsible"
- "The Third"
- "The Debt" (mentioned)
- "The End"
- "The Dress" (flashback)
- "The Spoon"
- "The Painting"
- "The Laziest"
- "The Ghost"
- "The Prank"
- "The Gi"
- "The Kiss"
- "The Party"
- "The Robot"
- "The Goons"
- "The Sock"
- "The Genius"
- "The Poltergeist"
- "The Mustache"
- "The Date"
- "The Club"
- "The Wand" (flashback)
- "The Ape"
- "The Car"
- "The Curse"
- "The Microwave"
- "The Meddler"
- "The Helmet"
- "The Fight"
- "The Remote"
- "The Colossus" (mentioned)
- "The Knights"
- "The Fridge"
- "The Job"
- "The Treasure"
- "The Watch" (mentioned)
- "The Bumpkin"
- "The Flakers"
- "The Authority"
- "The Hero"
- "The Tag" (non-speaking cameo)
- "The Game"
- "The Limit"
- "The Castle"
- "The Tape"
- "The Internet" (mentioned)
- "The Plan"
- "The World"
- "The Finale"
- "The Kids"
- "The Puppy"
- "The Recipe"
- "The Name"
- "The Gripes"
- "The Vacation"
- "The Fraud" (mentioned)
- "The Void" (head outline)
- "The Allergy"
- "The Mothers"
- "The Password"
- "The Procrastinators"
- "The Shell"
- "The Bros" (cameo)
- "The Mirror"
- "The Man"
- "The Pizza"
- "The Lie"
- "The Question"
- "The Friend"
- "The Oracle"
- "The Safety"
- "The Spoiler" (cameo)
- "The Nobody"
- "The Downer"
- "The Egg"
- "The Money"
- "The Mom"
- Teresa Gallagher (US/UK)
- Beatrice Margiotti (Italy)
- Rossy Aguirre (Latin America)
- Mai Yamane (Japan)
- Yolanda Quesada (Spain)
- Priscila Amorim (Brazil)
- Prunelle Rullens (France)
- Vilma Kartalska (Bulgaria)
- Jeehan Malla (Middle East)
- Canan Çiftel Özacun (Turkey, Season 1, 2 and 3 until ''The Safety'')
- Devrim Zeynep Ateşer (Turkey, Season 3 starting with ''The Nobody'')
- Bea Vadasz (Hungary)
- Yang Jeong-hwa (South Korea)
Click here to view the gallery.
- Main article: Nicole Watterson/Quotes
- She is very athletic, as shown in "The DVD," when she chased Gumball and Darwin across their neighborhood, and avoided various obstacles.
- Nicole is voiced by British actress Teresa Gallagher. Although Gallagher does a quite believable American accent, her original native accent sometimes sneaks through. One of the best examples happens on the episode "The Job," in which Nicole says they must stop Richard of executing his new job so the universe as we know it cannot be destroyed.
- Nicole seems to approve of Gumball's relationship with Penny, as both kids seem to genuinely like each other, as seen in "The Gi" and "The Meddler."
- She was named and based on creator Ben Bocquelet's mother, Nicole Bocquelet, a working mother.
- She graduated sometime in the 1980s as shown in "The Ape," further solidifying the fact that she is in her forties.
- Because of Miss Simian calling her a "loser" all throughout her life, Nicole utterly despises the word and Miss Simian as well.
- Nicole is known to get very angry at times. Examples include:
- "The Club": It is revealed that Nicole goes to an anger management club.
- "The Fight": Nicole beats up Mr. Rex.
- "The Knights": Nicole yells at Patrick for nearly running over Gumball and Penny.
- "The Limit": Nicole rampages through the store.
- "The Castle": Nicole gives Harold a penance stare that forces him to clean up the house.
- "The Finale": Nicole prys a door open by gaining massive muscles and turning into a hulking monster.
- "The Pizza": Nicole manages to defeat a group of angry citizens.
- "The Egg": Nicole turns into a demon when angered.
- "The Money": Nicole turns into a hulking monster again.
- "The Signature": Nicole partially breaks the glass at the Town Hall and a Xenomorph emerges from her mouth, threatening the Cupcake Man.
- In her yearbook photo seen in Richard's flashback in "The Wand," it is revealed that Nicole's maiden name starts with a G.
- She may be a tabby cat, because when everyone turned into their literal selves in "The Job," she turned into a tabby cat instead of turning into a blue cat, while Anais turned into a pink rabbit.
- She sometimes wishes for a normal family, as said by her in "Christmas."
- Nicole has been falsely arrested for weird reasons, such as "robbing" a store with a hot dog wiener in "The Spoon," and "stealing" her own car in "The Flakers."
- Nicole is very skilled in martial arts, as mentioned in the Water Sons game.
- She also proved this in The Remote, as she easily blocked all of her husband and children attacks on her with karate-like moves.
- As seen in "The Club," she goes to an anger management club, yet she still cannot seem to control her temper when provoked.
- "Kickbuttus Hystericus," one of Nicole's nicknames, is a reference to the fake Latin used famously in the original Wile E. Coyote/Road-Runner Looney Tunes shorts.