| Mrs. Fitzgerald
| Character Information
Mrs. Fitzgerald is a minor character in The Amazing World of Gumball. She is the mother of Penny, and is married to Patrick. She first appeared for a brief moment in "The DVD" during the chase scene.   She makes another appearance in the episode "The Date," where she gets upset when Gumball destroys her younger daughter's memorial picture of Mr. Cuddles.
Mrs. Fitzgerald is presumably a shape-shifting rainbow fairy like her daughter Penny, but she is still in her peanut form, is taller, has smaller antlers, has an hourglass figure like her other daughter and Penny, and we have not seen her in her fairy form, unlike Penny, of which we see in the episode, "The Shell." She also wears light brown and white cowgirl boots, suggesting she may be from the Midwest.
In the storyboard for "The Date", her shell was oval, like her daughter's Season 1 design.
Not much is known about her personality. However, she seems to be extremely generous, as she was willing to give Gumball and Darwin large amounts of money, her boots, her ring and even her kidney when she felt they needed help, as seen in "The Gripes."
- "The DVD": Gumball and Darwin hop on her to escape Nicole.
- "The Date": She appears at Mr. Cuddles' funeral.
- "The Knights" (mentioned)
- "Christmas": She is sad when Gumball unplugs the Fitzgeralds' Christmas lights in Christmas is Cancelled.
- "The World": She is scared by the Creatures.
- "The Finale": She is horrified when Richard and Patrick fight.
- "The Gripes": Her first speaking role. She donates to the Hobo but then gives the donations to Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Mothers": She fights Nicole and the Crocodile Woman.
- "The Shell": She watches Gumball and Penny's play.
- "The Bros": She watches her house burn down.
- "The Butterfly": She is knocked over by Gary and Sarah.
- "The Saint": She tries to help Martin Peaches.
- "The Oracle": She wants to be the millionth customer at the mall.
- "The Romantic" (mentioned)
- "The Wicked": She runs from Mrs. Robinson.
- "The Love": She is on a date with Patrick, and is grossed out by Sussie's mom and dad.
- "The Awkwardness": She is on the public bus.
- "The Misunderstandings" (mentioned)
- "The Blame": She is at the PTA meeting, and is scared when her daughter shapeshifts into a wolf.
- "The Fury": She drives her car in the traffic jam.
- "The Scam": She is outside Elmore Junior High.
Click here to view the gallery.
- She plays the bagpipes, and is apparently skilled at them.
- She gave Penny permission to go after Gumball in "The Knights," suggesting that she, unlike her husband, approves of their relationship.
- According to Penny in "The Romantic," she is inept at technology, as she once took a broken computer mouse to a veterinarian.