| Miss Simian
| Character Information
Miss Lucy Simian is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. She teaches at Elmore Junior High and has been doing so since the Stone Age. Miss Simian absolutely despises Gumball and will do anything to ruin his mischievous plans. Principal Brown has a maddening crush on her, and she gladly returns the feeling.
Miss Simian is a very, very old baboon. She has dark grey fur, a homely primate face, and wears a pale brownish-red polka-dotted dress. Like most primates, her arms span the length of her body, though she walks solely on her two legs instead of using her arms to help. She is also rather skinny for a primate.
Miss Simian acts very grumpy and doesn't seem to care about her students in the least, especially Gumball and Darwin, whom she hates with a passion. She is a vicious and sadistic woman, who takes great pleasure in giving out pop quizzes and outright lying to her students just so she doesn't get in trouble. Her nasty attitude is somewhat justified by the fact that she's been a teacher for many years (numbered in the thousands), a job that she apparently hates. She seems to make an exception for William as she takes him in as her personal snitch.
In "The Apology", it is shown that when she becomes particularly enraged or frustrated, she reverts to a much more feral personality, and (like a real ape) will loudly screech and go on a rampage of destruction.
- Main article: Miss Simian/Relationships
- "The Responsible"
- "The Third"
- "The End"
- "The Dress"
- "The Mystery"
- "The Party"
- "The Picnic"
- "The Sock"
- "The Mustache"
- "The Ape"
- "The Fight"
- "The Banana" (cameo)
- "The Apology"
- "The Words"
- "The Skull"
- "The Bet"
- "Christmas" (cameo)
- "The Flakers" (cameo)
- Banana Joe
- Tina Rex
The gallery for Miss Simian can be found here.
- "You get an F minus -- in parenting!"
- "Are you aware that your husband isn't wearing any pants?"
- "Next! Oh, the Wattersons..."
- "You're not trying to cheat, are you, Gumb-- huh? Mmm... Who are you?"
- "Why don't you just sit there and look pretty...while the rest of us get on with class!"
- "GET HIM!!"
- "I have a surprise for you, children -- a surprise test! Hahahaha!"
- Gumball: "How do you sleep at night, Miss Simian?"
Miss Simian: "Like a baby!"
- "A secret house party, eh? Hmm, I better tell Principal Brown."
- "This party is busted! Busted WIDE OPEN!"
- "We go along the path, avoiding the Forest of Doom...
- (kisses Principal Brown, door opens) Aaahh!!!
- "Another F- for you peabrain. Hahahahahah!"
- "No homework for the one who catches him!"
- "Nice husband, loser!"
- "Nice first steps, loser!"
- She is the oldest character in the show that isn't a planet.
- The word "simian" means ape or monkey, which is accurate since Miss Simian is a baboon.
- Like most cartoon characters, Miss Simian has four fingers, while real primates have five.
- Miss Simian is apparently quite old, as she has had the same appearance since Nicole was a child.
- This is due to the fact she is over 300,000 years old and she taught during the Stone Age.
- In her Season 2 redesign, her dress is pink with no dots, her wrinkles on her lips have gone, and you cannot see her pelvis. Also, her face have now a color pink on her nose, eyebags and ears. Compare to Season 1 which her face's color are only black and white.
- She has apparently taught in the stone age.
- In "The Apology", it is revealed that her first name is Lucy.
- This is a reference to Lucy, the first hominid to walk upright.
- In Season 2, her accent appears to have slightly changed from a British-American accent to American.