| Character Information
Masami is the spoiled-rich daughter of the owner of The Rainbow Factory. Her voice is first heard in "The Dress", when she offers to fly Gumball over a puddle. Her first major appearance was in "The Pressure", where she pretended to like Darwin to impress the other girls. She is Darwin's former love interest.
Masami is a small, white cloud with hollowed out holes for her eyes and mouth. In her promo pictures, she has eyelashes, but in the show, she does not.
When afflicted with a negative emotion (such as sadness or anger), she turns gray and stormy. This has been seen on three occasions: in "The Pressure", where she cries when Darwin dumps her, in "The Party", where she zaps Gumball for insulting her, and most notably, in "The Storm", where she goes on a rampage for Alan's love. In this state, she becomes powerful and dangerous, wielding the ability to generate lightning bolts and powerful tornadoes, hurricanes, and other winds capable of smashing through solid concrete.
Being the daughter of the owner of the local Rainbow Factory, Masami is a bit of a snob. As a result of being so rich, she has a smug sense of superiority to her fellow students, taking every chance she can to show off. An example of this was in "The Pressure", where she forced Darwin to be her boyfriend to impress the other girls. She is also spoilt, throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way and threatening to fire the parents of anyone who disagrees with or annoys her. Because a significant amount of the townspeople work at her father's rainbow factory, this threat could hold much weight.
She also seems to be a narcissist, being so obsessed with her appearance that she refuses to enter the pool for fear of her hair getting wet. More evidence of this was when she got jealous of all the attention Molly was getting for her treehouse. She immediately directs their attention to herself, and starts showing off, bragging that she has a boyfriend and they don't.
Masami doesn't seem to be able to take criticism well. When someone annoys or angers her, she sometimes gets stormy (literally) and zaps whoever that person was with lightning. When she gets sad, she turns grey and starts raining.
- Main article: Masami/Relationships
- "The Third": She is seen in the hallway.
- "The End": She is the godmother of Gumball and Penny.
- "The Dress": She joins with the students in worshiping the new "girl".
- "The Pressure": She is "dating" Darwin throughout the episode.
- "The Ghost": She is sitting next to Carmen in the cafeteria at the beginning and the middle of the episode.
- "The Mystery": She is chasing Gumball with the students.
- "The Gi": She joins with the students in laughing at Gumball.
- "The Kiss": She is cheering for Gumball to forget about the kiss.
- "The Party": She is one of Gumball's date to the party.
- "The Robot": She joins with the girls in fawning over the "new" Gumball.
- "The Picnic": She is on the school bus.
- "The Sock": She is seen in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Mustache": She is on the other Dodgeball team.
- "The Ape": She is messing around in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Curse": She is sitting next to Penny in the cafeteria.
- "The Meddler": She is one of the cheerleaders of Elmore Jr. High.
- "The Fight": She is cheering for Gumball and Tina's fight.
- "The Knights": She is seen waiting outside the school.
- "The Banana": She is sitting boringly in Mr. Small's class.
- "The Apology": She is disgusted by Miss Simian's butt and she vomited rainbows.
- "The Words": She participates in the What He Thinks About Us number.
- "The Skull": She is impressed by Clayton's bravery and she applaud.
- "The Bet": She is seen in Miss Simian's class.
- "Christmas": She is seen making snow and Idaho and Tobias are encouraging her.
- "The Bumpkin": She in seen in the schoolyard
- "The Storm": She attempts to steal Alan from Carmen.
- "The Hero": In the School Playground.
- "The Photo": She is shocked by Gumball's new looks.
The gallery for Masami can be found here.
- "Masami" is a popular Japanese girls' name, indicating that her family may be of Japanese descent.
- The meaning of the name differs with respect to the kanji characters used, but generally, the meaning has something to do with beauty.
- In "The Apology", it was revealed that she can vomit rainbows.
- In "The Hero", it is revealed that she gets a tan by being exposed to cold weather instead of sunlight.