| Larry Needlemeyer
| Character Information
Laurence "Larry" Needlemeyer is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He works at almost every store in the town of Elmore, usually as a cashier. He generally dislikes the Watterson family. Larry manages to keep up with all his jobs by "working very hard," but he has been fired on at least one occasion. He used to be called "Lazy Larry," and was the laziest person in Elmore, but the title was stolen by Richard Watterson in the summer of 1983.
Larry wears a green shirt, an orange tie, and an orange, white and red hat. He is made completely out of origami. He is incredibly skinny, similar to Rob and Miss Simian. His head is disproportionately large and blocky. While being Lazy Larry, he transforms into a huge block, which connects his head to his torso just like Richard. In Season 2, his entire body no longer has any textures.
Larry is a very hard working and serious person, and can not be fooled easily. He keeps many jobs around Elmore, from being a store clerk to a cashier, and does an admirable job at each of them. Although, on many of these occasions, he is accidentally fired, or is driven to do so by a member of the Watterson family.
He has a girlfriend named Karen, who he has attempted to propose to twice. However, he failed each time. The first time was in "The Laziest," where Gumball and Darwin aggravated him to the point where he attacks them with his food, shouting "GET OUT OF MY LIFE," but he hit Karen instead. She promptly breaks up with him, thinking that he hated her. The second time is in "The Goons." During the Dumb Race, Richard accidentally picks him up, and Larry proposes to him instead of Karen.
- "The DVD": He works at Laser Video.
- "The Spoon": He works at the Gas Station.
- "The End": He works at the Supermarket.
- "The Laziest": He is seen working at the Supermarket,Once again.
- "The Ghost": He works at Joyful Burger.
- "The Prank": He works at the Shoe Store.
- "The Refund": He works at Ripley 2000.
- "The Goons": He was having a picnic with Karen.
- "The Fridge": He's at the Supermarket, where he discounts a frozen chicken.
- "The Job": He was one of the characters in the car after Richard.
- "Halloween": He works at the Gas Station, and is mistaken for a wanted criminal, thanks to Gumball and Darwin.
- "Christmas": Larry works as a fake Santa Claus at Elmore Shopping.
- "The Bumpkin": He gets robbed by Sal Left Thumb before the Wattersons crash through.
- "The Pony": He works at Ripley 2000, once again, as the cashier.
- "The Hero": He doesn't appear, but is mentioned by Darwin as he and Gumball unload the groceries on the table.
- "The Game": He is a victim of Nicole's prank call.
- "The Finale": He mentions having placed a restraining order on the Wattersons, as well as how their reckless actions have affected him.
- "The Kids": He doesn't recognize Gumball nor Darwin because of their voices breaking, and calls the Orange Security Guard so they can leave peacefully. He later calls the police on Gumball and Darwin and cuts Nicole's credit card in the supermarket.
- "The Name": He is briefly seen while Gumball's alter-ego, Zach, rudely cuts in line of the shoppers. Later, he is seen at Joyful Burger.
- "The Law": He appears working for an ice cream truck.
- "The Password": He appears once again at Ripley 2000, watching the store get destroyed by Richard.
Click here to view the gallery.
Similar to Rocky, Larry works numerous jobs.
Larry's first job was at Laser Video. He is the cashier of the store, although, he probably got fired after he failed to get repayment of the late fee from the DVD that Gumball and Darwin broke. It is very similar to Ripley 2000 from "The Refund."
In "The Spoon," Larry was then seen as a cashier at the Gas Station. He probably got fired from there too after he failed to keep the money of the store safe from the robbery.
Larry worked here as a cashier after getting fired from his previous jobs. He most likely got fired because of yelling at a customer as an attempt to get Gumball and Darwin away from him in "The Laziest". This has so far been his longest job he held.
It is Larry's fourth job and works as a cashier there, and has not yet been fired from there. Probably works a late night shift since Carrie came at night.
It is his fifth job and he works as a cashier, as usual. He was seen doing his job there in "The Prank," where Richard wanted to return the shoes he bought originally for Gumball and Darwin (for his prank), but denied the return because there were baked beans contained inside the shoes.
For his sixth job, he works as a clerk, as he does in his other jobs, in the local video game store. He was first featured working here in "The Refund," when he denies Gumball and Darwin a refund for their computer game. He may have been fired from there as he failed to keep Gumball from getting a refund and abandoned his post. However, in the video "What Dad Would Do for a Sausage Part 1," he is seen working there. He returns to work there in the season 3 episode "The Password" as he is seen working there when Richard is destroying it.
In "The Job," Larry works for Fervidus Pizza. Larry is Richard's employer, and he fires Richard for eating parts of the pizzas he had to deliver.
He is seen working at Elmore Shopping in "Christmas" as the mall Santa, in a small cabin called "Santa's Grotto." His girlfriend Karen is also seen directly outside of it, dressed as an elf.
- "Ah... The Wattersons. It's about time you showed up. I assume you have my money."
- "It all goes back to the Summer of '83..."
- "I hope you don't mind if I make sure it's real, because, last time I checked, it was a piece of cardboard."
- Larry: "This had better be a joke."
Gumball: "Aw, man, what gave it away?"
Larry: "Dude, it's five seconds long, and every name in the credits is one of you two."
- "That will be seven hundred dollars."
- "Hey! Hey! HEY!!"
- "Ha! I knew you were trying to skip my messages."
- "Well, there is no way I can accept this, you need to give the real DVD now!"
- "Welcome to the gas station, where we never sleep...(suddenly afraid) because we're not allowed to..."
- "What do you want from me, you nut burger?!"
- "GET OUT OF MY LIFE!"
- "Richard Watterson, that guy is lazier than a rock."
- He was originally supposed to be a rock, but was changed to be an origami type of character for reasons unknown. This may have been referenced in "The Job," when one of the universe-altering shockwaves from Richard, which turned the characters into real-life version of themselves, turned Larry into a large rock.
- In "The Finale," it is revealed why he has so many jobs; only to repay damages the Wattersons have done.
- It is shown that Larry might actually be a good actor when he delivered a pizza to himself in "The Game."