| Larry Needlemeyer
| Character Information
Laurence "Larry" Needlemeyer is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He works at almost every store in the town of Elmore, usually as a cashier. Larry is not fooled easily, and generally dislikes almost anyone who bears the surname "Watterson." Larry manages to keep up with all his jobs by "working very hard", but he has been fired on at least one occasion. He used to be called "Lazy Larry" when he was lazy.
Larry's appearance is hard to describe. He wears a green shirt, an orange tie, and an orange, white and red hat. He is made completely out of rock. He is incredibly skinny, similar to Rob. His head is very blocky and much larger than logically possible. While being Lazy Larry, he transforms into a huge block, which connects his head to his torso.
Larry is a very hard working and serious person. He keeps many jobs around Elmore, from being a store clerk to a cashier, and does an admirable job at each of them. Although on many of these occasions, he is accidentally fired or is driven to do so by a member of the Watterson family.
He has a girlfriend named Karen, whom he has attempted to propose to twice, because the first time Gumball and Darwin annoyed him so when he attacked them with his food shouting 'GET OUT OF MY LIFE' he hits Karen by accident, who breaks up with him thinking the Larry hated her. The second time is in The Goons. During the Dumb Race, Richard accidentally picks him up and Larry proposes to him instead of Karen.
- "The DVD": In Laser Video.
- "The Spoon": In the Gas Station.
- "The End": In the Supermarket.
- "The Laziest": In the Supermarket.
- "The Ghost": In Joyful Burger.
- "The Prank": In the Shoe Store.
- "The Refund": In Ripley 2000.
- "The Goons": At a picnic with Karen.
- "The Fridge": He can be seen walking to the left of the screen in one scene.
- "The Job": He was one of the characters in the car after Richard.
- "Halloween": He works at the Gas Station and is mistaken for a wanted criminal thanks to Gumball and Darwin.
- "Christmas": Larry works as a fake Santa Claus at Elmore Shopping
- "The Bumpkin": He gets robbed by Sal Left Thumb before the Wattersons crash through.
- "The Pony": He works at Ripley 2000 once again, as the cashier.
The gallery for Larry Needlemeyer can be found here.
Similar to Rocky, Larry works numerous jobs.
Larry's first job was at Laser Video. He is the cashier of the store, though he probably got fired after he failed to get repayment of the late fee from the DVD that Gumball and Darwin broke. It is very similar to Ripley 2000 from "The Refund".
In "The Spoon", Larry was then seen as a cashier at The Gas Station. He probably got fired from there too after he failed to keep the money of the store safe from the robbery.
Larry worked here as a cashier after getting fired from his previous jobs. He most likely got fired because of yelling at a customer as an attempt to get Gumball and Darwin away from him. This has so far been his longest job he held.
It is Larry's fourth job and works as a cashier there, and has not yet been fired from there. Probably for a late night shift since Carrie came at night.
It is his fifth job and he works as a cashier as usual. He was seen doing his job there in "The Prank", where Richard wanted to return the shoes he bought originally for Gumball and Darwin (for his prank), but denied the return because there were baked beans contained inside the shoes.
For his sixth job, he works as a clerk, as he does in his other jobs, in the local videogame store. He was first featured working here in "The Refund", when he denies Gumball and Darwin a refund for their computer game. He may have been fired from there as he failed to keep Gumball from getting a refund and abandoned his post. However, in the video "What Dad Would Do for a Sausage Part 1" he is seen working there.
In "The Job", Larry works for Fervidus Pizza Delivery. Larry is Richard's employer, and he fires Richard for eating parts of the pizzas he had to deliver.
He is seen working there in "Christmas" as the mall Santa in a small cabin called "Santa's Grotto". His girlfriend Karen is also seen directly outside of it, dressed as an elf.
- "It all goes back to The Summer Of '83..."
- "Ah... The Wattersons. It's about time you showed up. I assume you have my money."
- "I hope you don't mind if I make sure it's real, because last time I checked it was a piece of cardboard."
- Larry: "This had better be a joke."
Gumball: "Aw man, what gave it away?"
Larry: "Dude, it's five seconds long and every name in the credits is one of you two."
- "That will be seven hundred dollars."
- "Hey! Hey! HEY!!"
- "Ha! I knew you were trying to skip my messages."
- "Well, there is no way I can accept this, you need to give the real DVD now."
- "Welcome to the Gas Station, where we never sleep...('suddenly afraid) because we're not allowed to..."
- "What do you want from me, you nut burger?!"
- "GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!"
- "Richard Watterson, that guy is lazier than a rock."
- He was originally supposed to be a rock, but was changed to be an origami type of character for reasons unknown.