| Character Information
Hector, being a giant, is extremely tall; so tall in fact that whenever he's shown, the viewer can rarely see above his legs. A thick coat of nappy, multi-coloured fur covers most of his visible body, excluding his feet, hands and buttocks.
In Season 2, his entire body can be seen. He has a gorilla-like structure but his face does not appear to be visible, because it is covered by fur.
Hector may seem menacing due to his immense size, but he is actually a very gentle giant. He would never purposely hurt anyone, but he has on occasion been known to unintentionally step on people.
It is explained later in the second season that the kids feel Hector is boring. Hector is deeply offended by this, and attempts to silence those rumors by showing them all the exciting things he does. Unfortunately, all those "exciting" things turn out to be lame - reading actionless comics, taking naps in the middle of the day, and playing with a dead hamster. The reason he never does anything exciting is because he is forbidden (by his mother) to express any extreme emotion, mainly because she knows that when you excite a giant, destruction ensues. Gumball, unaware of this fact, encourages Hector to go against his mother's ideals. As expected, Hector goes on a rampage through town, screaming about how fun and exciting he is.
Hector's way of living revolves around the influence of his own mother, especially in the field of expressing emotions. The giant innately felt that his mother was doing this for his own sake, and that it was best for him to have such a way of life.
Gumball was disappointed at how Hector disapproved of his friend request in Elmore Plus at "The Colossus", and felt that it was his business to butt in the giant's life. Gumball was the first to tell Hector to stand up to his own mother, which resulted into the giant going in a destructive state. Gumball later fixed the problem he caused, and the relationship between the two drastically improved by then. By the end of the episode, it was later revealed that Hector wanted to add Gumball as a friend. The fact that Hector wanted to be friends with Gumball, probably with the approval of his mother, really proved how much the friendship between the two really grew.
Hector may have feelings for Tina, as shown in "The Party", where he asks her for a dance. Tina quickly accepts, blushing, hinting that she returns his feelings.
- "The Third": Hector appears very briefly in the background for a split-second.
- "The Quest": Hector accidentally sits on Anais' Daisy doll. After Darwin tells him, he flicks it over to Tina.
- "The Kiss": Hector was one of the challenges in Darwin's plan to make Gumball forget about the traumatic kiss he received from Granny Jojo.
- "The Party": Hector accompanies Penny to the party. Later, he dumps her and instead spends the rest of the party with Tina.
- "The Club": He appears in the football club with Banana Joe and Tobias, and whips them along with Gumball, using a giant towel.
- "The Curse": He squishes Gumball several times as part of Gumball's "curse".
- "The Colossus": Hector plays the main role of this episode. He is made fun of by Gumball and Darwin because of his boring personality.
- "Christmas": He is seen spraying fake snow in the air from a roof.
- "The Bumpkin": He launches Gumball in the air by stomping on the seesaw.
- "The Dream": He is seen walking in the school hall in Gumball's dream. He appears to be much smaller.
- "The Hero": He's talking about his father in the school playground.
- "The Storm": He's seen with the group of other kids in the school playground.
- "The Tag": He steps on the garbage bin on the road after it's been run over several times.
- "The Tape": He appears in one of Gumball's videotapes.
- "The Finale": He gets upset over Nicole's "your mom" jabs, and soon gets into a fight with a gigantic Kenneth.
- 'Hector' uses the prefix "hecto-", which has the factor of 100.
- His character is most likely based off of King Kong, who is also a giant gorilla.
Hector: Hey Tina can I have the next dance?
'Tobias: Hey Hector, is the game over?
The gallery for Hector Jötunheim can be found here.