| Evil Turtle
| Character Information
The Evil Turtle is likely an African softshell, the only living member of the Trionyx genus. She has a long, wrinkly neck, and a small, protruding snout. Her carapace and head are olive in coloration, while her plastron is mint. Darwin notes that she smells "like a belly button."
She focuses all of her efforts into biting people. She is also practically invincible, being able to survive a direct hit from a car, and leave an explosion unscathed.
- "The Puppy": Her first major role and appearance. Gumball, Darwin, and Anais wanted a puppy, but they get the Evil Turtle instead because Richard mistook it for a dog.
- "The Name": Zach forces Darwin to live with her in her little home.
- "The Burden": She tries to bite "Chris Morris."
- "The Man": She appears as part of Gumball's Rube Goldberg machine.
- "The Nemesis": She can be seen in the background when Gumball and Darwin throw a party for Rob.
- "The Traitor": She briefly appears in the background.
- "The Nest": Her second major role. Her offspring invade Elmore and attack its citizens.
- "The Compilation": Cameo, and currently her final appearance of the series.
- "The News":
Evil Turtle: [thinking] BITE, BITE, BITE! NEED FOOD FOR STRENGTH TO BITE, BITE, BITE! MAKE LITTLE TURTLES TO BITE EVEN MORE!
|—Evil Turtle in "The Puppy"|
Click here to view the gallery.
- The turtle's sunlight-induced "death" is a reference to Ben Bocquelet's pet turtle, and how he died from dehydration.
- In addition, it is also a reference to the film Gremlins, in which the titular creatures have a weakness to bright light.
- The turtle is called a Trionyx, a genus of softshell turtles.
- The trionyx is also referred to in Latin as occidere machinae ex infernum, meaning "killing machine from Inferno/Hell."
- The turtle laughs in a manner similar to Hannibal Lecter.
- The turtle can see in infrared vision like the Predator.
- "The Nest" reveals that the turtle is a female.
- The same episode reveals that she was actually pregnant, rather than just evil.
- "The Compilation" marks the turtle's final appearance.