The early reel episode of The Amazing World of Gumball was never aired. It is currently uploaded in Ben's Twitter as of 1/18/13.
Gumball and Darwin build a Rube Goldberg machine in an attempt to escape from school.
- Masami has a thicker outline and Alan's face is drawn differently in this episode.
- Many characters make a debut in this episode.
- Gumball appears to have a square head and a yellow jacket, while Darwin is much smaller, a darker shade of orange, and is animated with CGI.
- It was uploaded to YouTube in 2010, but Cartoon Network took it down due to copyright reasons.
- Ben Bocquelet said he might add the episode as a special feature on a possibly upcoming The Amazing World of Gumball DVD release if another one comes out, since it didn't make the first, second, or third one.
- Many characters use old designs in this episode, making this, "The Mystery" and "The Curse" the only episodes in which characters use old designs.
- A link to Gumball's 2007-2008 designs that were used in this episode can be found below.
- Nicky Jones, famous for the voice acting on the show Chowder as the titular character, voices Gumball in this episode, but in the actual series, Logan Grove does the voice of Gumball in seasons 1, 2, and most of "The Kids", and Jacob Hopkins does the voice of Gumball in the ending of "The Kids", and Season 3 onwards.
- Jake Pratt voices Darwin in this episode.
- In this episode, we see Masami kissing Alan, but in the actual series, it has been shown that Carmen and Alan love each other.
- This idea may have been reused in "The Storm".
- According to the plan drawn in chalk by Gumball, Teri was originally a boy.
- Ben Bocquelet uploaded the video to his Twitter, two years after it was created.
- Gumball appears to be very intelligent in this video, judging by the plan drawn out in chalk.
- Rocky appears to have an allergic reaction to pollen.
- Carrie is much, much fatter in her appearance, almost resembling a Boo from the Mario series.
- Leslie has blue petals in this episode, but in the actual series, he has pink petals.
- Darwin bears a slight resemblance to Nemo from the movie Finding Nemo.
- Darwin's CGI model was reused in "The Void".
- Everyone's design is a prototype in this episode.
- In the shot where Gumball smiles at Darwin, the other characters in the background are missing.
- If you look very closely in the scene where Tina is catching the steak, Leslie's petals change from blue to pink.
- In some scenes, the characters are there, but not moving.
- When Gumball and Darwin are launched at Hector's butt, Gumball disappears for a couple of split seconds.