| Doughnut Sheriff
| Character Information
The Doughnut Sheriff is, as his name suggests, a giant, pink doughnut. Since he is a police officer, he wears an officer's hat, a badge, and a blue policeman's uniform.
Since he's a doughnut, there is a large hole in the middle of his body, which has some large, flat teeth resembling popsicle sticks sticking out, and functions as his mouth. Strangely, he has pronounced eyelashes, which are usually used on female characters; despite this, he is indeed a male character.
The Doughnut Sheriff does not seem to be a very capable police officer, since he is extremely oblivious towards actual criminal activity, and usually does not notice when something is not right. In "The Friend," he relies entirely on a manual on what to do, and accidentally causes the Chimera to explode, and many of his men to be injured.
Despite this, he shows his capability in "The Law," and his determination to enforce law and order in Elmore. But, in "The Pizza," he joins in the chaos, and commits crimes himself when he is not paid by Larry.
He also does not seem to realize that his mouth crosses through his body. Anything he throws into his mouth ends up on the ground behind him. Because of this, he is always hungry. His favorite food seems to be doughnuts, which is ironic, because he himself is a doughnut.
Click here to view the gallery.
- He is armed with what appears to be a stun gun.
- His animation style closely resembles claymation.
- His appearance and job are a reference to the stereotype that policemen frequently eat doughnuts on the job.
- In "The Ghost," it is shown that he is edible, since Carrie (in Gumball's body) took a bite out of him.
- "The Law" is his first major role.
- Even though he himself is a doughnut, he can be seen craving for doughnuts in "The Spoon."
- In the episode "The Law," he was fired for "misuse of his police siren, unlawful discharge of his weapon, baby bashing, assault with a motorized vehicle, grand theft auto, and absolute disregard for traffic regulations". Later in the episode, he was re-hired by the commissioner Chicken Bucket.