| Doughnut Sheriff
| Character Information
The Doughnut Sheriff is, as his name suggests, a giant, pink doughnut. Since he is a police officer, he wears an officer's hat, a badge, and a blue policeman's uniform.
Since he's a doughnut, there is a large hole in the middle of his body, which has some large, flat teeth resembling popsicle sticks sticking out, and functions as his mouth. Strangely, he has pronounced eyelashes, which are usually used on female characters; despite this, he is indeed a male character.
The Doughnut Sheriff does not seem to be a very capable police officer, since he is extremely oblivious towards any actual criminal activity, and usually does not notice when something is not right. In "The Friend," he relies entirely on a manual on what to do, and accidentally causes the Chimera to explode, and many of his men to be injured.
Despite this, he shows his capability in "The Law," and his determination to enforce law and order in Elmore. But, in "The Pizza," he joins in the chaos, and commits crimes himself when he is not paid by Larry.
He also does not seem to realize that his mouth crosses through his body. Anything he throws into his mouth ends up on the ground behind him. Because of this, he is always hungry. His favorite food seems to be doughnuts, which is ironic, because he himself is a doughnut.
- "The Third": He appears for a brief moment, measuring Gumball's speed with his speed check.
- "The Spoon": He visits the gas station, and arrests Nicole, thinking she was robbing it.
- "The Ghost": He is attacked by Gumball (possessed by Carrie), who takes a large bite out of him.
- "The Sock": He almost arrests Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Car": He keeps refusing to arrest Gumball and Darwin, and tries to calm the Robinsons, but almost gets attacked by their rage, and arrests the Robinsons for vandalism/assault.
- "The Knights": He writes a ticket for Patrick when he accidentally crashes into his police car.
- "The Colossus": He appears next to his police car when Hector crushes it.
- "Halloween": He thinks Larry is a criminal because of the drawing on his face that Gumball and Darwin made.
- "The Flakers": He almost arrests Nicole.
- "The Sidekick": He is in the police car looking for a peanut.
- "The Tag": He puts Richard and Mr. Robinson under house arrest.
- "The Game": He gets pranked by Richard.
- "The Castle": He is one of the guests at The Wattersons' house. He denies Gumball's call to intervene the out-of-control party inside.
- "The Internet": He was tricked by the Internet into attempting to arrest Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Finale": He briefly appears at the door of a jail cell where the Wattersons are held.
- "The Kids": He approaches Gumball and Darwin, who are loitering during a song montage.
- "The Name": He chases down the Wattersons for driving too fast.
- "The Law": His first major role. Gumball and Darwin pretty much manipulate him to break the law.
- "The Burden": He appears searching Elmore Junior High with Principal Brown and Miss Simian.
- "The Pizza": He drives his police car, and passes by the Watterson's house. Later, he joins the chaos, and loots a TV.
- "The Butterfly": He arrests Marvin for street dancing without a license, but trips while trying to grab a $20.00 bill and ends up rolling down the street.
- "The Friend": He tries to arrest Chimera, but fails at doing so.
- "The Oracle": He chases Gumball into the mall.
- "The Safety": He appears on one of Darwin's security cameras.
- "The Spoiler": He appears at the Elmore Cinema.
- "The Nobody": Gumball calls him to alert him of the person living in the Watterson's House.
- "The Downer": He is in one of the cars that are part of the traffic jam caused by Gumball.
- "The Egg": He appears in a flashback from "The Law."
- "The Money"
Click here to view the gallery.
- He is armed with what appears to be a stun gun.
- His animation style closely resembles claymation.
- His appearance and job are a reference to the stereotype that policemen frequently eat doughnuts on the job.
- In "The Ghost," it is shown that he is edible, since Carrie (in Gumball's body) took a bite out of him.
- "The Law" is his first major role.
- Even though he himself is a doughnut, he can be seen craving for doughnuts in "The Spoon." This proves that Doughnut Sheriff is a cannibal, just like Sarah G. Lato, who is constantly seen eating vanilla ice cream cones.
- In the episode "The Law," he was fired for "misuse of his police siren, unlawful discharge of his weapon, baby bashing, assault with a motorized vehicle, grand theft auto, and absolute disregard for traffic regulations". Later in the episode, he was re-hired by the commissioner Chicken Bucket.
- Ben on Twitter says that Doughnut Sheriff's voice is a based on Chief Wiggum from The Simpsons.