| Character Information
The Construction Men are recurring characters in The Amazing World of Gumball. They first appeared in "The Knights." They presumably work for Fitzgerald Co. Limited under Penny's father, Patrick Fitzgerald.
The red construction man's name is Hank, and the gray construction man's name is unknown. There is also a third blue one called Steve, who appears in "The Extras," "The Gripes," "The Return," "The Signal," "The Misunderstandings," and "The Brain." In "The Shell," an unnamed yellow construction man is introduced.
The Construction Men are heavily built construction workers. They have Lego-like hands, perfect for their craft. They have typical construction worker uniforms: Hank wears denim overalls, and the Gray Man wears an orange vest. They also wear yellow hard hats and brown work boots. Steve used to have a red wig but as of "The Misunderstandings" he does not have it anymore.
In "The Misunderstandings," Hank, Gray Man and Steve admit they do not usually socialize with other people, and as a result, their behavior can be seen as inappropriate. Though they are not at all ill-intentioned, and even attempt to "brighten Gumball's day," their genuine compliments seem mocking or creepy.
- "The Knights": Hank and the Gray Man appear working for Fitzgerald Co. Limited.
- "The Watch": Hank and the Gray Man appear carrying glass through the Park.
- "The Bumpkin": The Gray Man appears in a blue car on the Elmore Expressway.
- "The Authority": Hank appears in Gumball's flashback.
- "The Sidekick": Hank drives a truck, and almost runs over Jackie.
- "The Castle": Hank and the Gray Man are guests who wreak havoc in the Wattersons' house.
- "The Internet": The Gray Man appear driving a car. Hank swerves to avoid hitting Darwin.
- "The Finale": Hank and the Gray Man appear in the angry mob at the end of the episode.
- "The Kids": Hank appears while Gumball and Darwin are "chilling."
- "The Name": Hank appears driving a truck when Nicole goes under him.
- "The Extras": Their first major role and Steve's debut. They appear talking to each other at Fitzgerald Co. Limited.
- "The Gripes": They both appear in the crowd that's outside of the Wattersons' house.
- "The Law": They both are driving cars on the road during the Doughnut Sheriff's rampage.
- "The Allergy": Hank appears drilling the road when Darwin sneezes.
- "The Mothers": Hank appears in the crowd of citizens at the end of the episode.
- "The Password": The Gray Man appears driving a truck, and almost runs over Nicole's car.
- "The Shell": They are in the audience watching the school play.
- "The Bros": Hank and the Red Man appear dousing out the fire Gumball caused at the Fitzgeralds’ house.
- "The Butterfly": Hank and the Gray Man appear at the construction site, accidentally hurting each other.
- "The Oracle": They appear outside Elmore Mall.
- "The Nobody": Gumball throws mustard at the windshield of the Gray Man's truck.
- "The Return": They chase Richard on the highway after a misunderstanding.
- "The Others": Hank and the Gray Man are cheering for Clare staying in Elmore.
- "The Romantic": Hank takes part in the flash mob organized by Gumball.
- "The Wicked": Hank's shirt is ripped open by a squirrel, and he later reappears with the Gray Man at the end of the episode. Mrs. Robinson almost runs Hank over at the mall.
- "The Traitor": Hank appears at the cinema.
- "The Nest": The Gray Man is in the group of spectators when Evil Turtle gets captured. Hank is attacked by Evil Turtle's Babies.
- "The Night": The Gray Man is on a suspended scaffold in Gumball's dream. Hank is at the Elmore Mall during Hector's dream.
- "The Misunderstandings": They appear talking to Gumball, and later reappear at the mall.
- "The Roots": Hank drives one of the trucks that Darwin rides on top of.
- "The Blame": Hank can be seen when the books are being burned.
- "The Scam": Hank and the Gray Man are among those gathered outside the school.
- "The Disaster": Nicole chooses Hank as her new husband.
- "The Boredom": Hank and the Gray Man are seen towing Gumball's house.
- "The Choices": A younger Steve is seen protesting with Mr. Small. The yellow one also appears.
- "The Code": Gumball greets Hank's butt, believing it to be a fellow hacker.
- "The Copycats": The Gray Man is driving a truck when the Wattersons are on their way to the hospital.
- "The Potato": Hank is driving a coleslaw truck.
- "The Vase": Hank's truck flips over when he hits the vase and the Gray Man is shown running the Elmore Wrecking Yard.
- "The Box": Hank is the President's chauffeur in Richard's scenario. He later drives a Joyful Burger truck.
- "The Catfish": The Gray Man is seen on Donald and Betty's wedding photo.
- "The Diet": Hank and the Gray Man are working as firemen.
- "The Menu": The Gray Man is in the crowd that cheers when Gumball and Darwin get promoted at Joyful Burger.
- "The Uncle": Hank is working on the sidewalk with a jackhammer. Ocho attacks the Gray Man as part of Gumball's song.
- "The Worst": Hank gives Nicole a job at the construction site and the Gray Man also appears there, and Hank can be seen riding the bus.
- "The Line": Hank is in the line for Stellar Odyssey.
- "The List": The Gray Man appears at the park and Hank is watching the concert at the auditorium.
- "The Rival": Hank almost runs over Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Lady": The Gray Man’s first major role. He dresses up as Angela.
- "The Vegging": They are seen working next to the Wattersons's house.
- "The Father": Hank and the Gray Man both drive trucks.
- "The Cringe": Hank is on the bus in a flashback to "The Awkwardness."
- "The Cage": The Gray Man and Hank are seen in the crowd cheering for Mr. Corneille.
- "The Neighbor": The Gray Man drives a truck.
- "The Anybody": The Gray Man appears dressed as Angela in a flashback to "The Lady."
- "The Shippening": The Gray Man is choking on "love" fumes. Hank is shipped with Mrs. Jötunheim.
- "The Brain": Anais dreams that Hank helps Gumball after he gets stuck on a slide, and later she dreams that he almost crushes her on the freeway. Later, she dreams that Steve appears working at the construction site.
- "The Founder": The Gray Man works at Chanax. Hank drills out the foundations of the building, causing it to collapse on him.
- "The Ghouls": Hank is scared in a dream by Freddy Krueger. The Gray Man and Steve appear in the dream, laughing at him.
- "The Slip": Hank tows Cartax.
Click here to view the gallery.
- They resemble Lego mini-figures.
- Hank has a son named Bobby, who appeared in "The Butterfly" and "The Father." He also has a wife who was mentioned in "The Butterfly" and "The Parking."
- Their names and relation are exactly the same as Hank and Bobby Hill from King of the Hill.
- In "The Boredom," it is revealed Hank is colorblind.