This is a Featured Article. This page was selected as Featured Article on the main page. A new article will be elected soon.
Thank you for supporting the Gumball Wiki.
| Character Information
Clayton is a living ball of red clay, with big purple lips, and eyes made from clay. He possesses the ability to morph into different shapes. In Season 2, Clayton is given eyebrows, and his clay is more fixed and the inside of his mouth is pink.
Clayton enjoys telling fantastic stories about his life to impress his friends, but most of these stories are either completely false, or grossly exaggerated.
- "The Third": Clayton is seen sitting next to Bobert at lunch. He is also seen again at the gym while Miss Simian says they're playing Trust Ball.
- "The Dress": Clayton is stricken with Gumball, and attempts to help "her" get across a puddle by changing into a bridge, before Tina steps on him.
- "The Pressure": Clayton is seen sitting next to Bobert at lunch the same way he was in the episode "The Third."
- "The Ghost": Clayton can be seen fleeing from Carrie (in Gumball's body).
- "The Party": Clayton is seen attending Rachel's party.
- "The Robot": He is seen in the lunch room.
- "The Picnic": Clayton is seen with the rest of Miss Simian's class on the field trip.
- "The Fight": Clayton is seen cheering on Gumball and Tina's fight. Later, he is seen sitting next to Juke at the lunch cafeteria when Tina crashes at him.
- "The Banana": Clayton got smashed in the face with the door when Gumball and Darwin were rushing to Banana Joe's locker.
- "The Apology": He's seen in the fight crowd.
- "The Skull": This marks his first major role. Clayton becomes friends with Gumball and Darwin, but must stop lying to maintain it. He also disguises himself as Gumball, Darwin Principal Brown, and Banana Joe.
- "The Tape": He appears in one of Gumball's videotapes.
- "The Joy": He is one of the victims of the Joy Virus.
- "The Recipe": He greets Anton in the school hallway.
- "The Move": His second major role. Gumball and Darwin try to teach him not to lie, with great difficulty.
- "The Shell": He appears in the crowd watching Gumball and Penny kiss.
- "The Safety": He can briefly be seen on one of Darwin's surveillance monitors.
- "The Money": He can be seen waiting at a bus stop.
- "The Others": He can be seen talking to Bobert.
- "The Gift": He is eavesdropping on Gumball and Darwin, along with a lot of other students.
- "The Comic": He is in the hallway, singing LaserHeart's theme song.
- "The Hug": He's at his locker.
- "The Advice": He's in the hallway, lying on the floor.
- "The Love": He's one of the people in the What is Love? segment.
- "The Nest":
- "The Bus": He's seen on the school bus.
Click here to view the gallery.
Clayton: "I could build you a bridge!"
"I'm having the time of my life!"
Clayton: "Why don't you just wet your hair, and say you had a shower?"
Gumball: "What is this "finger-touch heart-disintegrating move" nonsense?"
Clayton: "Well. After school, I'm gonna go pirate hunting with the president of the solar system in an underwater theme park where-"
"You're right! I guess being someone is good enough. I don't need to lie anymore. [Hugs Gumball] Thanks dudes!"
Clayton: "I've got a contagious rash on me-"
Clayton: "You can't just frame Jamie for knocking out Tobias."
- Clayton's animation resembles Claymation, a reference to the fact that he is clay.
- Clayton's voice changes in every appearance he speaks. In "The Party," he has a more feminine voice, and more of an accent in "The Dress." In Season 2, he has a different voice altogether.
- His first major role was in "The Skull."
- Gumball and Darwin chastise him for lying, despite having lied themselves in the past.
- Despite this could be caused, because Clayton's lies are more compulsive and unnecessary.
- Clayton's mouth color changes from purple to pink as of Season 2.
- In his Season 1 design, Clayton did not have eyebrows.
- Clayton has the ability to shape shift, and even turn into other people.
- In "The Move," Clayton reveals the reason for his compulsive lying: he perceives himself as an uninteresting person.
- It is also apparents to have a bit of mythomania, wich is a behavior wich the person has the incapacity of talk about past events without nonsensical lies (not be confused with the incapacity of remember past events).