| Carrie Krueger
| Character Information
Carrie Krueger is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. She is a depressed ghost who is in Miss Simian's class at Elmore Junior High. Her first appearance was a cameo in "The Third".
Carrie is a white, translucent ghost with a bow that seems to be a skull with wings. Her arms rest in front of her body, and her hair covers her left eye. She also has a magenta and cyan lining around her, making her seem 3D. When her teeth are visible, they are shown to be sharp and pointed. She normally has black eyebrows.
Carrie is a stereotypical "emo" who enjoys being miserable (although she considered and once referred to herself as a 'punk rock chick' in "The Pony"). Unlike most emo kids, who usually only hang out with other emos, Carrie is a social floater who will talk to anyone, possibly because Elmore Junior High lacks other emos. She regularly interacts with the other girls and usually participates in Gumball and the rest of the class' antics.
In "The Ghost", she states pain is the only emotion she can feel. Despite this, she has shown other emotions and has been seen smiling on occasion. In Halloween, Carrie blushes when Darwin kisses her, a sign of feeling love. She is capable of compassion, as she seemed genuinely concerned for Gumball and Darwin's safety in "Halloween". At the end of the episode, she was visibly upset when she thought they had been trapped in the underworld.
In "The Pony", a softer side of her was shown when she saw A Pony's Tail by mistake and admitted that she found it touching.
- Main article: Carrie/Relationships
- "The Third": She is seen talking to Rachel while Gumball and Darwin are watching Tina squish Anton, Idaho, and Ocho.
- "The Quest": She is seen tossing Anais' doll to another bully; Tobias.
- "The Dress": She joins with the students in worshiping the new "girl".
- "The Pressure": She is hanging out with Molly, Teri, Penny, Carmen, Masami and Leslie in Molly's tree house.
- "The Ghost": She uses Gumball's body to eat food.
- "The Mystery": She is sitting and reading about Gothic Clothing with Teri and Juke in the library.
- "The Gi": She joins the other students in laughing at Gumball.
- "The Kiss": She is cheering for Gumball to forget about Granny Jojo's kiss.
- "The Party": She is one of Gumball's date candidates because she's got "spirit".
- "The Robot": She joins the other girls in fawning over the "new" Gumball.
- "The Genius": She is seen reading The Secrets of Chicken Wings in the library.
- "The Curse": She is seen talking to Carmen.
- "The Meddler": She is the first one to notice Nicole holding Gumball's hand.
- "The Knights": She can be seen outside of the school.
- "The Flower": She exorcises the Jealousy out of Gumball.
- 'The Banana": She can be seen in class.
- "Halloween": She takes Gumball, Darwin and Anais in to a Haunted house.
- "The Apology": She can be seen in class.
- "The Words": Darwin sings about her being an "Emo Freak."
- "Christmas": She possesses a turkey that Miss Simian purchases, then wishes everyone a merry Christmas.
- "The Sidekick": In the School Cafeteria.
- "The Dream": In Miss Simian's class.
- "The Pony": She helps Gumball and Darwin to rent a DVD and reappears later in the episode as Gumball and Darwin get the DVD back from her.
- "The Photo": She tries to take a school yearbook photo.
- "The Storm": She is a part of the group of kids that despises Alan and Carmen's relationship.
- "The Voice": She is seen where Gumball is apologizing to her when he doesn't know why he's doing that.
- "The Promise": She is seen riding the school bus, and later waiting in line for the release of "The Tale of Zelmore".
- "The Boombox": She is one of the students who celebrate Miss Simian's (false) retirement.
- "The Tape": She has her own video segment, and later gets hit on by Tobias.
- "The Internet": She is one of the students laughing at Gumball's embarrassing video.
- "The Finale": She is one of the spectators at Richard and Mr. Fitzgerald's fight.
- "The Fan": She is seen at the school cafeteria.
- "The Coach": She remarks how Coach's rigorous coaching had made her feel "actually alive."
- "The Recipe": She is on the school bus.
- "The Name": When Zach told her that they were going to win the battle of the bands, she tells him that she isn't in a band and neither is Zach and even told him that he didn't know the name of a band.
- "The Void": She's at the schoolyard when Gumball is talking about Molly.
- "The Move" She slaps knocked out Tobias when Gumball and Darwin make him try to date her.
- "The Allergy": She appears on the school bus.
- "The Bros": She appears in the girl's room when Darwin tries to spy on Penny
- "The Mirror": Her fourth major role.
Click here to view the gallery.
Well mine is so old that he doesn't have teeth.
—Carrie describing her boyfriend in "The Pressure"
I just read about it on the internet! I didn't think it was gonna work!
—Carrie to Darwin in "The Flower"
—Carrie belittling Gumball in "Halloween"
So if you don't get back to your bodies by the stroke of midnight, you'll remain ghosts, forever.
—Carrie warning Gumball and Darwin in "Halloween"
You know, there are easier ways to hurt your eyes. You could salt in them while staring at the sun, for example.
—Carrie to Gumball in "The Pony"
I thought I was a hardcore horror movie fan but I was living a lie!
—Carrie's reaction to A Pony's Tail in "The Pony"
Uh, I think what Masami's trying to say is that, you guys are so perfect it kind of makes us wish for your downfall.
—Carrie describing Alan and Carmen's relationship in "The Storm"
You know, the fact that you don't know what you're apologizing for means that you basically don't care.
—Carrie to Gumball in "The Voice"
Coach's workout was terrible. I actually felt alive
—Carrie in "The Coach"
- In the "Early reel," Carrie was much fatter than she is in the actual show.
- Back in early production, Carrie had a simple black outline instead of her usual 3D anaglyph outline.
- Her first name may be a reference to the Stephen King novel Carrie.
- In "The Ghost", while Carrie was going on a junk food spree in Gumball's body, she took the pickle out of the burger before eating it, implying that Carrie dislikes pickles.
- Carrie's 3D anaglyph outline is a reference to old B-horror movies that were occasionally in 3-D.
- Despite Carrie's form as a ghost, she can still hold and manipulate physical objects with her hands.
- Her reflection doesn't show up in mirrors, which is based on the superstition that undead things don't have reflections. However, when she possesses someone or otherwise inhabits their body, the person will see her reflection instead of their own.
- She knew how to get rid of Jealousy, although she stated that she just read it off of the Internet and didn't expect it to work.
- Carrie was possessed by Jealousy spirit in "The Flower", which is ironic because she is a spirit herself.
- In "Halloween", Carrie reveals that she was born a ghost.
- This contradicts her earlier statements (as well as those of the creator's and writers') about her having a body when she was younger.
- In "Halloween", it was revealed Carrie can teleport, albeit with low accuracy.
- Her last name is revealed in "The Tape". It is a reference to Freddy Krueger, an iconic horror movie character.