| Anais Watterson
| Character Information
Anais is a small pink rabbit. She resembles her father, Richard, but she is much shorter in stature and has a more feminine appearance. Anais usually wears an orange dress with a white trim and white socks. She is one of the only Wattersons to wear footwear, along with Darwin and Granny Jojo.
Anais is by far the most intelligent member of her family, although her young age prevents her from really being noticed by adults. She has been shown on numerous occasions to have a knack for solving problems, such as the time she figured a way out of her flooded house, and the time she developed a complex solution to solve the problem of getting her grandmother's luggage up a flight of stairs. Even though Anais is four-years-old, she attends Elmore Junior High because of her extremely high IQ; however, she is not in the same class as her brothers and instead goes to a junior kindergarten class located elsewhere in the school. Anais is also a valued member of the school's Physics Club, and her vast knowledge of the subject has actually saved her from being vaporized by an enormous robot. She is so smart that the only person smarter than her is Bobert.
She is a remarkably cunning strategist as well, revealed in the episode The Remote, plotting elaborate schemes and decoying everybody's perceptions to achieve her goal. Though she is often underestimated due to her significantly young age, which she tends to use to her advantage.
Anais can also be considered the most mature member of her family aside from her mother. She often takes care of her brothers in many ways, like helping them with their homework and making their breakfast. Due to her young age, however, she is prone to occasionally acting childish.
Anais has shown some signs of having her mother's fiery temper. When her brother accidentally lost her doll, she was extremely upset and demanding, threatening to tell their mother what had happened. On another occasion, after finally taking Granny Jojo's bags upstairs, when asked to bring them down, she instead grew furious and kicked her suitcase out the window.
Even though Anais is very mature for her age, there are still some occasions where she reverts to childish behaviour. She is a huge fan of Daisy the Donkey, as evidenced by her Daisy plush toy and her extreme enthusiasm for the Daisy on Ice show.
- Main article: Anais/Relationships
The gallery for Anais Watterson can be found here.
- "The Responsible" (debut)
- "The Third"(cameo)
- "The Debt"
- "The End"
- "The Dress"
- "The Quest"
- "The Spoon"
- "The Painting"
- "The Mystery" (photo cameo)
- "The Prank" (non-speaking cameo)
- "The Kiss"
- "The Party"
- "The Refund"(non-speaking cameo)
- "The Robot"(cameo)
- "The Goons"
- "The Secret
- "The Genius
- "The Poltergeist"
- "The Mustache"
- "The Date"
- "The Club"
- "The Ape"
- "The Car"
- "The Curse"
- "The Microwave"
- "The Helmet"
- "The Fight"
- "The Remote"
- "The Knights"
- "The Fridge"
- "The Job"
- "The Treasure"
- "The Bumpkin"
- "The Flakers"
- "The Authority"
- "The Pony"
- "The Dream"
- "The Hero"
- Gumball: "Hey how's it going?"
Anais: "I don't know, how do you think it's going?"
- Anais: "STOP! DON'T THROW WATER ON AN ELECTRICAL... Fire."
- Anais: "This plan already reeks of failure."
- Gumball: "Relax sis, it's only a toy!"
Anais: [in a deep scary voice] "NO. IT'S. NOT."
Gumball: [frightened] "Okay we'll get it back."
- Anais: Gumball? Sounds like your pen's broken. Let me have a look. (breaks pen)
Gumball: [scatting and drumming with the halves of the pen]
- In "The Responsible", it is revealed that Anais helps Gumball and Darwin with their homework, and she also makes Gumball's and Darwin's breakfast every morning. However, that may have stopped in "The Prank" as she was not in the episode and Gumball and Darwin made their own cereal.
- In some preview pictures, she has whiskers like the rest of her family, but in the show, she doesn't. This was likely a late change that the creators made for an unknown reason, possibly to make her look younger or cuter.
- Her name has two different pronunciations in the show: it's usually pronounced according to the name's French origin ('An-ni-ese'), but is occasionally pronounced according to English phonetics ('An-ni-is') instead, usually by Darwin and Granny Jojo.
- Anais has been seen dumb trice in the series, In "The Goons" Gumball teaches her how to be dumb, in "The Job" she becomes dumb when Richard accelerates as they change heads, and in "The Authority" when she said she is getting dumber and then turned into Richards.
- Anais, like her mother, seems to have anger issues as seen in "The Quest", "The Kiss" and the Elmore Stream-It video "Annoying Brother."
- Anais is based on and named after creator Ben Bocquelet's younger sister, Anais Bocquelet, who works as a computer programmer for EA games.
- Kyla Rae Kowalewski (USA/UK/AU/CAN)
- Agnese Marteddu (Italy)
- Yukiko Hinata (Japan)