It's the Spring (Formerly Winter) Writing Contest!
EDIT: Due to slow turn-out, we're extending this thing to... I have no idea, whenever there's an adequate amount for voting, I guess? The mods are getting mildly annoyed, plz help
Writing is one of mankind's greatest accomplishments. But can you use it well? I posit for this challenge with the return of the moderately-successful-but-at-least-it-adds-variety writing contest!
The contest goes as follows: write up a fresh story (and a show-related one, of course) and post it over here. Once the time limit for submission expires, we'll open up another thread where everyone reads and votes on which ones they consider the best, and the winners get to have their works displayed on our front page!
Now, I know what all of you writers out there are thinking - "Matt, we can't just whip something up like that! Why can't we have more time to write stuff? Also, who even are you?" And that hurts a bit. More than I'd like to admit... but we're also extending the deadline all the way to February to give you ample time to play around with ideas and make sure you've created the best story you possibly can!
The Way to Submit Your Work
All you have to do is hyperlink your work in a comment to this thread and provide a brief description, and you're pretty much good to go. Links will be accepted from any multitude of sources: Fanfiction.net, Google Docs, Tumblr, Wattpad, Deviantart, personal sites, and so on. Basically, as long as you don't give my computer a virus, we're on good terms.
In addition, to make sure we get a nice mix of different works and allow as many people to participate as possible. You can write it any way you please, be it like just another adventure or anything hiding in the confines of your imagination. The same goes for the format: type it straight, or make a transcript. You could do a poem. Probably won't win, but prove me wrong.
Before you go off and write to your heart's content, do keep the following rules in mind and make sure your heart's in check:
- Please, be decent. I'm not going to deny that there's a certain appeal in being... amorous... but we want to keep the front page relatively smut-free, so try to keep your choice of language and general concept around PG-13 or we won't accept and, worst case scenario, might have to wager the banhammer.
- Your work must be your own, original content. Plagiarizing of any sorts will not be tolerated. If somebody catches you in the act, you will receive an automatic disqualification.
- You are allotted one submission. If you submit more than one, only your most recent submission will be accepted.
- The work - this should go without saying - must be Gumball-related. You don't have to stay wholly true to the show, but if your work strays from the point, it should not be entered.
- Be cautious with OCs. There's a good chance that works utilizing them will not be tolerated, so play around with them at your own risk.
- There is no character limit, but be wary of keeping your work concise and to-the-point. People are reading and evaluating your work, after all, so make sure you can mantain the reader's attention.
- Stay respectful. Self-explanatory.
The three people who receive the most votes on the voting thread will have their works displayed on the front page.
I wish everyone who enters the best of luck; there's talented people all over the place, and hopefully we'll be able to give you guys a chance to show off some of your genius for us.
Any qualms or inquiries should be addressed to the following:
- Message Wall:Mattalamode (Head Honcho)
- Message Wall:ThatGuy456
- Message Wall:Csillagfény
- Message Wall:Gameuser10
- Message Wall:Normalhuman
- Message Wall:PhoenixKenny
- Message Wall:Avatar Raava
- Message Wall:202nd Skywalker
Now dust off your text-oriented form of communication off and exert that mental force in your finger flicks!